What does Aaron Rodgers shout before every play?

Nelso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given that he's a good god fearing christian it's probably "Matthew 3:18"

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I played a lil QB in high school it could be to call a play at the line. It could also be to switch up the cadence to get the defense to jump. First sound "set!", first number "Set! red 20!" or on one "set green 19, green 19 hut!", etc.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I played a lil QB in high school it could be to call a play at the line. It could also be to switch up the cadence to get the defense to jump. First sound "set!", first number "Set! red 20!" or on one "set green 19, green 19 hut!", etc.
then again i could be wrong. Cadence always varies from team to team.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If a QB uses to many different cadence calls, it can confuse his own O line. Rodgers does use the same one basically, but he will vary the speed at which he calls it and the "hardness" of the count to make the D jump.....but it is almost always the same cadence/count.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Did you see the clip of lovie smith saying go pack go in the locker room after week 17? Cracked me up
Me too. He really came around full circle, didn't he? From his opening press conference as HC in which he said the Bears' number one priority is to beat the Packers (I think #3 was winning the Super Bowl), to "Go Pack go!" and out the door.

As an old-school fan (read that just, "old") for me the Bears are still the Packers number one rival so other than the Lombardi years, my favorite memory as a Packers fan is the Packers going into Soldier Field in January of 2011 and taking away the George Halas trophy on their way to winning another Vince Lombardi trophy. I couldn't have written it up any better. Thanks Lovie, we're going to miss you!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see the clip of lovie smith saying go pack go in the locker room after week 17? Cracked me up
I missed it. He was serious? Must've known he was out the door if he was.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A loss by the viqueens would've gotten them into the playoffs
Sorry, I thought he meant it was said after the Packer game. The one thing that made the Vike game good was knocking the Bears out of the playoffs. I grew up hating the Bears more than the Vikes too.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Seriously. Green 19/18, Blue 58/48/38/28, and somewhere there's a 22. Those are the cadence. Never really paid attention to his audibles.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me too.
Too bad he can't get to 4, Bradshaw.... or can he?
I think he could. Baring some crazy front office cleaning the scaffolding is in place. He's still got at least another 8 years left. Plenty of time to grab 3 if he can keep a fire lit under those around him.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts