What do you want Thompson to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM better be able to handle all of his players, or he is unfit to be a head coach (which he just may be).

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kyle said:
Ben Taylor is a back-up/special teamer a la Raynoch Thompson. We need to upgrade.

Taylor started a 16 games last year for the Browns and the Browns had a offer in to try and retain him as their starting inside LB and he chose Green Bay over Cleveland..

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lavar Arrington is definitely worth a look. I haven't heard if any teams are pursuing him yet. He may not be a bad guy. From what I've heard, it was mostly a case of him running afoul of management in Washington. That has happened to some of their other players as well. It would be interesting to have Hawk, Barnett, and Arrington backing up our defensive line.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taylor is NOT just a Special Teamer. Arrington is overrated and has drawn little interest. Again just because he was a stud in college he has had a subpar careeer thus far

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Walker can be traded untill week 6 if I'm not mistaken javon :p

:-?

What I meant was, trade him now, rather than leave him around to screw up team chemistry/have more negative coverage directed our way, and he leaves as a free agent next year...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like what has happened since then? The draft? LaVar signing to another team? Please explain.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like abraham going from the jets to the falcons.

which means the jets(who choose 4th) will probably(do I have to link the word 'probably' as well?) pick Mario, since they lost their big DE.

If you need any more education, IM me on AIM again, ill be glad to help you out.

Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
Like what has happened since then? The draft? LaVar signing to another team? Please explain.

:-? Ummm well Trom is right. A lot has happened. First of all, MM has gotten to see more of the players, and get an idea of the possible shape, skills, and mindset they have. Perhaps he thinks one of them can step up to be the starter?

Secondly, Packers have dipped into FA, getting Pickett, Manuel, Taylor, and possibly more to come. Those are quality FA's, and are still young enough to be able to improve with solid coaching.

Then of course there are the combines, where scouts get a more "real" idea of what each potential draft candidate posses. Perhaps the scouts identified someone who is similar to Hawk, but not as big name. Thus he can still be had at later rounds, and at a lot cheaper price?

Lets not forget, there is still a month before the draft. FA is not over, and players will get cut in the annual June 1 deadline. Anything can change from now and the draft. Perhaps we find out that Sanders thinks Montgomery is enough of a presence to solidify our front 4. Who knows. The fact is that you should know so much can change within a month.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
like abraham going from the jets to the falcons.

which means the jets(who choose 4th) will probably(do I have to link the word 'probably' as well?) pick Mario, since they lost their big DE.

If you need any more education, IM me on AIM again, ill be glad to help you out.
Yeah, thanks for throwing "probably" in there to stop me from mentioning the fact that the Jets need a QB more than a DE.

Oh, and http://www.grammarbook.com/

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, good job ignoring all about da packers longer version though. i wont waste my time with you. mason\florida is on!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you...you...wanted to know what changed since march 1st, and me and AADP named some things. are you ...(bites tongue)

GO MASON!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh i get it. this wasnt a discussion. this was you calling me out?

thats....pretty lame.

and im officially done with this thread since its very off topic now, but go ahead juice, get the last word, thats what you seem to be about.

if you need further education, you know my SN.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my god dude, you are crazy. I was asking you a question. Why do you think everyone is always out to get you or something? Stop being so pretentious while you're at it.

Reaction score
ENOUGH! YOU TWO NEED TO QUIT IT, BECAUSE THIS IS THE LAST STRAW! ANOTHER THREAD ONCE AGAIN GETS OUT OF HAND, AND WE AS THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM HAVE TO SUFFER. IF YOU TWO CAN'T BEHAVE LIKE ADULTS AND KEEP YOUR DISAGREEMENTS BACK AND FORTH IN THE PM'S, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE!

*LOCKED*

Too many threads are getting off topic, and it needs to stop, immediatly.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts