What do you think of Sidney Rice?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently he returned to practice today, yet there is still no word of when he might play a game again.
(In a few weeks, perhaps.)

Whenever he returns I think it will be too little, too late.
And even if he did return Sunday, I doubt that just he alone can make a difference with the way the Vikings are playing anyway with a Rent-A-Wreck as QB.

Other thoughts and opinions?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too little too late, like you said. He's one heck of a talented player, but they're out of playoff contention. And a receiver can only go as long as his QB takes him...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too little too late, like you said. He's one heck of a talented player, but they're out of playoff contention. And a receiver can only go as long as his QB takes him...

What about steve smith of the panthers? or Calvin Johnson? I think one year he had double digit TDs with 3 QBs.

As far as Rice I think the jury is still out, he had a good year last year but well see if he has the same impact this year or ever again. Im more worried about Harvin.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about steve smith of the panthers? or Calvin Johnson? I think one year he had double digit TDs with 3 QBs.

As far as Rice I think the jury is still out, he had a good year last year but well see if he has the same impact this year or ever again. Im more worried about Harvin.
And they won what, exaclty? That's my point. It's not that they can't get big numbers, it's that they won't be a better team because of a talented WR, when the QB is struggling so bad.

BTW, Delhomme was great when Carolina had that SB run, so...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm hoping his 2009 was just an aberration. Like Favre's 2009.

Because if he's really as good as he showed last year, then they're pretty set at the #1 WR position for the next decade or so.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they won what, exaclty? That's my point. It's not that they can't get big numbers, it's that they won't be a better team because of a talented WR, when the QB is struggling so bad.

BTW, Delhomme was great when Carolina had that SB run, so...

I thought we were talking good numbers. I think in Smiths case he carried the QB. 05 was insane. If Steve Smith would have spent his career in GB he would have HOF numbers.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Yikes are only 2 games behind in the loss column. Rice and Harvin are a duo to fear, and the 2 together will make The Interceptor better. Things could change pretty quickly.But I think The Turnover King will take the Yikes down with his play. There's a reason he owns the all-time playoff loss record for QBs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts