What do you think Cullen Jenkins thinks now?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I agree. We just don't have the same push on the defensive line that we had last year. Partly it's due to Jenkins but it's also due to the fact that Neal hasn't been healthy all season and we've never really got a feel for how much of a force he can be up front. MM said yesterday that sometime in the next couple weeks Neal will be playing at his full potential.

Matthews isn't haveing a big year as far as getting the sack numbers, but Matthews is still an impact player. That's why I lol @ people who put a ridiculous amount of stock in sacks. They are a pretty overrated stat. Jason Babin is one of the top sack leaders this season but the guy cannot play the run to save his life.
Jenkins is a Pro, He plays for money as do they all. The ring is the icing on the cake and the HOF is the ultimate but this leauge is about money and he is making it in Philly. I think we are just fine without him. Would we be better with him? Yeah probably, well see when Neal starts making an impact.

Dom has rearranged the whole front this year. Switched Raji and Pickett. Moved Mattews. their roles are different and I think we are just now seeing them starting to gel. Everything I have seen on many shows isolating the individual performances of both Raji and Matthews shows both are playing at a very high level and doing thier jobs extreemly well. Maybe When/If Neal starts having an impact we will start seeing the D getting home on the QB, they are getting real close right now and I think thats one reason we get so many Int's.

Think about how little we have to ***** about on this forum. Isn't this a freekin outstanding year!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins has played great for them, and not gotten hurt.
They might regret a lot of their other additions, but they surely do not regret adding Cullen. Plus Cullen wasn't paid too much. His deal was very fair, cheap enough that many thought we could have kept him, and still been able to extend Jordy and Sitton as we did.
Sitton got a lot more than Jenkins did I believe....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
In the papers around here, (about an hour from Philly in PA) the papers are calling for an overhaul. There is "rumor", of course believe 1/3 of what you hear and half of what you see, that Reid will be the first to go, then Jackson, then a house cleaning of the "Reid Team" will occur. They expected more out of Jenkins than 5 and a half sacks. They wanted a top ten sacker. As it turns out Babin has become that person for the Eagles, making Jenkins expendable. Jenkins is probably going to be a journeyman for the next couple of years until he retires.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In the papers around here, (about an hour from Philly in PA) the papers are calling for an overhaul. There is "rumor", of course believe 1/3 of what you hear and half of what you see, that Reid will be the first to go, then Jackson, then a house cleaning of the "Reid Team" will occur. They expected more out of Jenkins than 5 and a half sacks. They wanted a top ten sacker. As it turns out Babin has become that person for the Eagles, making Jenkins expendable. Jenkins is probably going to be a journeyman for the next couple of years until he retires.

Jenkins wasnt even that much of a sack man here in GB

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He says that he wasn't offered a deal but noone really knows what happened, if he wasn't offered a deal period of he wasn't offered a "serious" deal.

Either way, to gloat and say that he deserves being on a bad team is not how Packers fans should behave. He worked his *** off and was a big contributor in our championship run. He didn't leave to rub it in our faces, if management wanted him here he would still be here and we should treat him like we treat all ex-Packers.

The Night Doctor had a great career in here, and he'll forever be a Packer, regardless of where he plays.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I don't miss him, now Burnett with Buffalo, that's who I do miss.

I was laughing so hard at the dream team last night. Andy Ried has one of the best RB's in the league, and he picks up 84 yards under 20 carries and ******* decides to keep letting a bust quarterback (YES Vince Young IS a bust) throw it in the air knowing he's already been picked off twice. It's like Ried don't care if they win or loss as long as his offensive ratio is 70% pass and 30% run. He's got one of the best RB's in the league but that's not enough to run it.

Also no sense of urgency. The Eagles under Ried have NEVER been a hurry up offense team, it goes back to the Super Bowl when they drove to cut a 10 point lead by a touchdown, Ried didn't use any hurry up offense or anything to save time, he let the clock run in the Super Bowl, showing how much he had truly gave up after the Pats were up by 10, and he showed us yet again last night how much he cares when you're up by 10 in the 4th quarter.
My best friend is an Eagles fan and has always said Andy Reid has terrible clock management skills. I was a little skeptical but after watching last year and this years games of them I agree. Reid has terrible clock management. He calls timeouts at the most obscure times. Also I do agree that Mccoy was on fire and should of been used more last night.

OP
OP
VolvoD

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh, i've seen that for YEARS. Reid is like a cat with more than 9 lives. I would've fired his *** a long time ago. Not sure what he did to keep his post....(maybe I don't want to know)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
My best friend is an Eagles fan and has always said Andy reid has terrible clock management skills. I was a little skeptical but after watching last year and this years games of them I agree. Reid has terrible clock management. He calls timeouts at the most obscure times. Also I do agree that Mccoy was on fire and should of been used more last night.

It dates back to the Super Bowl too, I remember when they lost everyone gave McNabb all the blame for not running a 2 minute offense, but years later, Ried still don't do it. I will always feel like Ried gave up when the score was 24 to 14 in that game, because he had no sense of urgency to use a 2 minute offense or even try to get back into the game. When they played Seattle, they wasted 10 minutes on the clock to score a TD, they could have did something to save up time if they were serious about coming back.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins hass 6 sacks which are a lot more than what we have received from his position by his replacement this year. Keep in mind that the season isn't over and he had 7 last year with GB. Jenkins was tied for 34th in sacks with GB in 2010 so why would Philly have expected him to be in the top 10 in sacks with them? He is a solid lineman that shows up and plays each Sunday and we would have benefited from that this year. Some will continue to support letting him go, that he would succumb to injury and not finish the year, that we had a good replacement, etc . No question in my mind that we would have been better off with him.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He says that he wasn't offered a deal but noone really knows what happened, if he wasn't offered a deal period of he wasn't offered a "serious" deal.

Either way, to gloat and say that he deserves being on a bad team is not how Packers fans should behave. He worked his *** off and was a big contributor in our championship run. He didn't leave to rub it in our faces, if management wanted him here he would still be here and we should treat him like we treat all ex-Packers.

The Night Doctor had a great career in here, and he'll forever be a Packer, regardless of where he plays.
Very well said.
I look at his departure the same as Kampman's.
I'll always love each guy..... unless Jenkins hurts one of our guys.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My best friend is an Eagles fan and has always said Andy Reid has terrible clock management skills. I was a little skeptical but after watching last year and this years games of them I agree. Reid has terrible clock management. He calls timeouts at the most obscure times. Also I do agree that Mccoy was on fire and should of been used more last night.
The problem with Andy Reid is that he lacks attention to detail. It's always a minor thing that ends up costing him, clock management being one culprit.

He's a great OC, but he's not a great HC, even reaching the playoffs as many times as he has.

When you compare to a guy like McCarthy that his whole program is build on attention to detail, from scheduled breaks in TC, from QB School, from not staying in the road in consecutive road games in order to maintain the normal week schedule. The guy preaches consistency, and it is the reason we have the team that we have. I once questioned MM's coaching style, particularly practicing indoors in a time where I thought the team should be practicing outdoors, but it's pretty clear the guy knows what he is doing.

Of course, it is true that he grew up as a coach tenfold, MM progressed as a HC as much as Rodgers progressed as a QB. But the philosophy is the same, and it's the right one. Bellichick is the same regarding attention to detail, Walsh was the same...

Reid is great at a lot of things, but a lot of little things ultimately end up costing him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Reid is terrible at clock management. If you need hard proof of that look no further than the end of the 4th quarter in the 2003 SB. Deplorable clock management. Reid was playing like he had a full quarter of football left. No sense of urgency whatsoever. There are some who blame the Eagles losing the SB on that.

Members online

Latest posts