What do you think about the Texans game in 2012.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
please forget farve, its time to change your signature pic. it is really disturbing...lol
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Would this one of Timmy Tbow kissing a teammate be any better?
(Smaller size of course.)

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Respectfully did you watch any Texans game this year. We did beat the Steelers when healthy we would have beaten the Ravens in the playoffs with a QB who could actually convert third downs. We didn't play the Pats this year so I will reserve judgement on that. We may have the best defense in the NFL although maybe not because we haven't had a good defense before this year. And no the Colts will not win the division Manning or no Manning.

I don't see NE being even close to what they were this year, they have 20!! guys that are FA's **** poor defense (worse than ours) and may not have Welker back.

If Shaub had stayed healthy or even Lienert, they probably would have been in the AFC Champ game at the very lest

AaronShockley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Respectfully did you watch any Texans game this year. We did beat the Steelers when healthy we would have beaten the Ravens in the playoffs with a QB who could actually convert third downs. We didn't play the Pats this year so I will reserve judgement on that. We may have the best defense in the NFL although maybe not because we haven't had a good defense before this year. And no the Colts will not win the division Manning or no Manning.
With all do respect, one season isn't enough to act like your the greatest team in the NFL.

1. You probably have a top 5 defense, if not the best this year. So did the Packers two years ago, see 32nd rank this year.
2. With no Manning the division is a joke, and you could easily win it, with Manning you could still win it, but much harder.
3. All QB's are measured on stuff like 3rd conversion, and Yates played well, so don't throw your ticket to the playoffs under the bus
4. "Would have beat [enter team] if we had [enter stipulation]" is ridiculous. The Patriots would have won if Welker caught the ball, the Ravens would have one if Cundiff made a kick, there are ifs in every game, try to keep them out of argument. Period.
5. I will give credit where it is due, with Schaub the Texans were legit SB contenders, and without, still close. The Texans finally got over the hump this year and I'm glad they did, because it sucked watching a team with that talent go the way they did for the last 5 years. However, don't get cocky. They did well, they didn't burn down the world, there were 5 teams better this year.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far, I think they will crumble at some point, but I do think they are a quality team, and with Manning in the division will probably win the AFC South again.

They aren't good enough to beat teams like Baltimore, or the Steelers (when healthy) or Patriots if they do any sort of defensive pick ups in the draft or FA.

They got the tools man, I really think they will be in alot of peoples top 5 power rankings. They got a dynamite offense and maybe an even better defense. They could rally off 13 wins, but they got a big offseason in seeing if Mario Williams stays or not.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God, I wish Watt were a Packer. He belongs in Wisconsin.

The revamped defense looks fierce.

I'm not a big Gary Kubiak fan, though.

OP
OP
D

doc108

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God, I wish Watt were a Packer. He belongs in Wisconsin.

The revamped defense looks fierce.

I'm not a big Gary Kubiak fan, though.

Neither are many Texans fans but people have warmed up to him especially after all we went through this year and how far we got. Still most of us are skeptical.

And no you cannot have JJ Watt he's ours.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Texans should be playoff contenders last year. Besides Schaub and Johnson coming back, there is a possibility of Mario Williams returning as well. I suspect that Williams is going to go for the money elsewhere, but I don't really know his mentality/personality enough to make a strong statement. With or without Williams, that is still a good defense. Another year will make the Texans even more dangerous and their game against Green Bay will be exciting to watch. I'd actually favor Houston right now, because they are more balanced than GB and very good at the three main components of passing, running, and defense. Green Bay is only good at passing, albeit they are superb at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts