What do you expect out of Marquand Manuel?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know for sure is that he'd better get the lead out if he wants to make this team. TT has finally brought in some talented guys who want that job badly and will scrap for it. Unless Manuel has an awakening, I expect to see him on the bench a lot this year. No more "winning by default" for him. I, too, have high hopes for Underwood although not backed up by many hard facts. Just a gut feeling.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you expect out of Marquand Manuel?

A pink slip.
Gee.....i hope he has a skirt that won't clash with his "pink slip!" :rotflmao:

I actually HOPE he improves. Cause he was bad last year. The only way is UP, as i see it. (Or ride the bench)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
He was terrible (at best) last year. We drafted Rouse to upgrade the position. A lot of people don't like Manuel (which is understandable), but I want to know what do you expect out of him this year?

- ST demon?
- Valuable veteran presence to give tips to our young Safeties from the sidelines?
- A backup player that will be a distraction?
- A starter that will improve over his dreadful first year as a Packer (he can't really do any worse).

Personally, I think I'm alone in expecting Manuel to be the starter at SS this year. I guess you can call it a gut feeling, but I think Manuel will have a decent year this year (not good or great, but solid). I expect him to do exactly what he was brought on to do: shore up our run support and not miss as many tackles as he did last year. I expect Manuel to improve (not a lot, but a little bit) in his coverage support, to the point where we won't see as many big plays.

When it is all said and done, I think Marquand will end up proving that last year was an anomaly, and not the norm.

Truth be told I'd be happy with him being a solid backup. I think Rouse is going to beat him out. I think the Packers want a SS that is smart and can come up and be physical with the run. I think that's what Rouse is and I believe he's going to be better than Manuel. I also think the Virginia Tech players are coming in with heavy hearts because of the school shooting that happen.

The Packers are going to have to choose in terms of backups. Do they keep Culver and Underwood as the backups or cut one of them and stick with Manuel. In my opinion they'll keep Manuel and Underwood. If Manuel starts and plays well I'll be very surprised. If he starts and struggles it's time to put it on the coaching staff and not Manuel because they are the ones who make the calls on who plays and not the players. Overall a solid backup is what I see. He’ll need to step it up on special teams to keep a roster spot though.

Members online

Latest posts