1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What do you expect out of Marquand Manuel?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Jun 10, 2007.

1. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All I know for sure is that he'd better get the lead out if he wants to make this team. TT has finally brought in some talented guys who want that job badly and will scrap for it. Unless Manuel has an awakening, I expect to see him on the bench a lot this year. No more "winning by default" for him. I, too, have high hopes for Underwood although not backed up by many hard facts. Just a gut feeling.
  2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Gee.....i hope he has a skirt that won't clash with his "pink slip!" :rotflmao:

I actually HOPE he improves. Cause he was bad last year. The only way is UP, as i see it. (Or ride the bench)
  3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Truth be told I'd be happy with him being a solid backup. I think Rouse is going to beat him out. I think the Packers want a SS that is smart and can come up and be physical with the run. I think that's what Rouse is and I believe he's going to be better than Manuel. I also think the Virginia Tech players are coming in with heavy hearts because of the school shooting that happen.

The Packers are going to have to choose in terms of backups. Do they keep Culver and Underwood as the backups or cut one of them and stick with Manuel. In my opinion they'll keep Manuel and Underwood. If Manuel starts and plays well I'll be very surprised. If he starts and struggles it's time to put it on the coaching staff and not Manuel because they are the ones who make the calls on who plays and not the players. Overall a solid backup is what I see. He’ll need to step it up on special teams to keep a roster spot though.