What could have been for the Packers running game...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I know he spurned us in the offseason, and Hall is improving nicely.. but oh wouldn't it have been a help.

PF weekly said:
An unsung hero in the Raiders’ dramatic turnaround running the ball has been FB Justin Griffith, signed away from Atlanta in the offseason. Raiders coaches are said to be enamored with him and his understanding of assignments and blocking angles and his willingness to play physical.

From a NFL Scout said:
“There are two types of fullbacks. There are thumpers. And there are backs that block with their eyes — they don’t knock people around, but they find holes for runners every time. The epitome of a thumper is (Chargers FB) Lorenzo Neal. He’ll knock your head off. When it comes to finding holes for their backs, there are none better than (Raiders FB) Justin Griffith. Look at Atlanta last year. They had the top rushing offense in the league, and Oakland could not run the ball. Griffith went to Oakland, and look what happened this year. The Raiders are running the ball, and the Falcons are struggling. Not all scouts will agree with me on this, but there are different styles of blocking and you don’t have to be a killer to be effective. I’ll take a blocker who finds the hole for his back every time.”

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts