What are we going to do about a pass rusher?

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We only lost 2 games last year. Both were due to the offense not the defense.

That being said if you draft someone you don't expect them to excel for at least a season or two. Therefore the answer is someone that's already on the team. Who? No idea. But the defense will get better.

Its also fair to say we won 15 games last season due to the offense not the defense....

It seems like a lot of you guys think the best way to adress the lack of pass rush is doing nothing, just hoping Neal, Wynn, Zombo... become something they are not, they are averge players nothing else.
Of course we can always get lucky an get another moster player late in the first round like Clay that makes an impact his first year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its also fair to say we won 15 games last season due to the offense not the defense....

It seems like a lot of you guys think the best way to adress the lack of pass rush is doing nothing, just hoping Neal, Wynn, Zombo... become something they are not, they are averge players nothing else.
Of course we can always get lucky an get another moster player late in the first round like Clay that makes an impact his first year.

I generally try to worry about the games we lost, not the games we won.

Sometimes doing nothing is better than overreacting. It's worked out for us countless times, and look at the other teams that overreact to an issue and try and correct it. I believe in TT and our coaching staff.

The market is slowly starting to cool down on free agency, so it's very possible Ted sticks his toe in the water and checks the temp.

Last season Houston was terrible on defense. This past season they were great. Minor changes and tweaks. Same with 49ers. Minor changes n tweaks. Then you had Philly. Mistake. And on the other side of the ball you heard about Atlanta needing a big play WR to stretch the field n keep up with GB. So they overreact and trade a bunch of draft picks for jones. Huge mistake long term.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right, overreacting isnt good, but doing almost nothing can cost us a lot of games if the defense continue to struggle in the front seven and Rodgers and the offense have to carry the team all season long again.

The 49ers change the whole coaching staff, and Houston got a new defensive coach an probably most of the defensive assistant and position coaches so IMO thats a big change for both team.

I was never sold on the Eagles hype, and yes ATL needed a defensive improvement not another weapon on offense, so the Jones trade didnt work for them

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be very high on my list.

stopping ******, going back in time and seeing jesus just to see if it's all true, buying stock and playing the lottery, having ****** relations with women. That's just the tip of the iceberg, oh speaking of which maybe warning the titanic to use all their lifeboats. :)

Cali's#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce Irvin is our answer! You all know about him, played DE but perfect size and speed for a ROLB. Dude is a beast.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

*crosses fingers*

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings draft randy moss.
Moss torches the pack his first season
Packers draft 3 corners to fix it
3 corners didn't fix it
Waste of 3 picks

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings draft randy moss.
Moss torches the pack his first season
Packers draft 3 corners to fix it
3 corners didn't fix it
Waste of 3 picks

I think the drafting 3 CB's was a mistake at the time and obviously it was in hindsight. You can't say it's a waste though because they didn't draft those players thinking "these players aren't going to be very good" I mean it's actually pretty unlucky that they didn't turn out better. Mike Mckenzie was good and fred vinson allowed us to get ahman green. Antuan Edwards was the huge bust.

D

Dan115

stopping ******, going back in time and seeing jesus just to see if it's all true, buying stock and playing the lottery, having ****** relations with women. That's just the tip of the iceberg, oh speaking of which maybe warning the titanic to use all their lifeboats. :)

You need to get your priorities straight. Green Bay Packers,God,and family

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looks like packers might sign a free agent, Kendall Langford who would play d-end in our 3-4. He played previously for the dolphins and is a huge body that can apply pressure. I would be very happy if this happened.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the drafting 3 CB's was a mistake at the time and obviously it was in hindsight. You can't say it's a waste though because they didn't draft those players thinking "these players aren't going to be very good" I mean it's actually pretty unlucky that they didn't turn out better. Mike Mckenzie was good and fred vinson allowed us to get ahman green. Antuan Edwards was the huge bust.

You beat me to this. Good post

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking that since our offense (in some peoples minds) lost two games last year we should just focus on upgrading our offense. :)

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last season Houston was terrible on defense. This past season they were great. Minor changes and tweaks. Same with 49ers. Minor changes n tweaks.

Two new starters via free agency, two new starters via the draft and a new defensive coordinator.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two new starters via free agency, two new starters via the draft and a new defensive coordinator.

But no huge spashes in Free Agency.

Drafting well is a big part of it, which is within the org. And a great coach/ cord can do wonders with a roster to conceal its weaknesses, again something you dont need to do in free agency. Thanks for adding to my point.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking that since our offense (in some peoples minds) lost two games last year we should just focus on upgrading our offense. :)

Its pretty simple, if Arod plays well we win, if he doesnt we more than likely will lose.

You could argue the O line needs some work. Hali had a field day in KC.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably draft one in the 1st round. I doubt he'll beat out any of the starters but still contribute. Maybe give it a year.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Drafting well is a big part of it, which is within the org. And a great coach/ cord can do wonders with a roster to conceal its weaknesses, again something you dont need to do in free agency. Thanks for adding to my point.

Fact check: "Johnathan Joseph gets 5 years, $48.75 million and $23.5 guaranteed, including $12.5 signing bonus. Daniel Manning gets $20 million over four years, including $9 million guaranteed and $11.5 million over the first two years."

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...-D-with-deals-with-Joseph-Manning-2079323.php

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bunk.

Johnathan Joeseph is pro bowl quality and Daniel Manning is decent starter quality.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its pretty simple, if Arod plays well we win, if he doesnt we more than likely will lose.

You could argue the O line needs some work. Hali had a field day in KC.
Yes I think if we can get the offense to average 40 points a game we will be in fine shape. That's just a 5 point increase over last year. Meanwhile just let the defense wallow in its own ineptitude.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bunk.

Johnathan Joeseph is pro bowl quality and Daniel Manning is decent starter quality.

Its Joseph, and yeah he had a decent year I will give you that. As far as Manning, I clearly remember him getting burnt on the reg by GB.

So between the two teams we agree 1 player came in and positively affected the changes in defense.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I think if we can get the offense to average 40 points a game we will be in fine shape. That's just a 5 point increase over last year. Meanwhile just let the defense wallow in its own ineptitude.

Or we could just blow up the entire team after going 15-1 in the regular season and being ranked 13th in the league in defense through 15 games. lol

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its Joseph, and yeah he had a decent year I will give you that. As far as Manning, I clearly remember him getting burnt on the reg by GB.

So between the two teams we agree 1 player came in and positively affected the changes in defense.

Regarding Joseph. If by a decent year, you mean pro bowl, then yes, we agree. I do think Manning was an improvement on their team too.
Smart, calculated FA acquisitions can add alot to your team. This is the year TT should enter that market again. I would explore at C and DE. I think its likely and very reasonable to state that we cant fix all of our holes, for next season, from within and through the draft.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or we could just blow up the entire team after going 15-1 in the regular season and being ranked 13th in the league in defense through 15 games. lol

Who said anything about blowing up the offense. Again the defense was ranked last in the league through 15 games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts