What are they going to do cut me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
All I can say is wow, never did I think those words would come out of Brett Favre's mouth. I wanted him to come back for 1 or 2 more years, but Iam starting to wonder if he thinks he is above the team, also wondering if you guys think if he is acting any better than walker. I guess Iam just wondering what you guys think?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......i do see the difference. Favre wants to make SURE the team plans on being competitive before he decides if he wants to take the beating, walker is a young, one year wonder, who THINKS he's the greatest. Favre put his time and effort in, and cares about the team, walker cares only about himself.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not about brett being selfish. the two options for TT are to get FA's that can help win this year, in which case brett would come back. BUT if TT wants to build the team with the draft, it will take a few years to materialize, and Brett doesn't want to do that. Favre's retirement decision really is on TT's hands

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how two are putting your own little spin on this situation to provide the best public outlook on your boy, Brett Favre, while at the same time, taking the opportunity to libel JWalk.

I, for one, thought it was absolutely hilarious when I heard Favre say that on SportsCrenter.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
I love how two are putting your own little spin on this situation to provide the best public outlook on your boy, Brett Favre, while at the same time, taking the opportunity to libel JWalk.

I, for one, thought it was absolutely hilarious when I heard Favre say that on SportsCrenter.

Yea ...we know.....it's a racial thing, right?

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker is coiming back off a serious injury and is under contract that he signed for 7.5 mill. Brett on the other hand is not talking about money he is talking about putting a winning team on the field. Walker is looking for the big buck and Favre is looking to win.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:

Was I right, or what? Gotta have that negative attack, hey? At least you are consistant.......we know what little to expect of you.
Your boy "jwalk" hasn't been "libeled". HE'S the one that has made the comments about how bad Green Bay and Favre is (Or he's had his step daddy do his dirty work for him). jwalk cares about ONE person, himself. Favre is a team player and leader, and has been for 15 years. jwalk signed a contract, and spent the first half of it doing little, and the second half crying about how great he is, and how he's not getting paid enough. Even though the first 2 years of his contract he didn't EARN what he was already paid. He had ONE decent year. ONE!
But thats ok......you can slant it any way you want.......I don't care. I know the truth.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey JJ, i think walker is a ******, too, so you can throw me in with cheesey, for future reference.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett: I want the team to win. I don't care if I get 3 million or not.

Javon: I want money and will play anywhere for the money.

Why do anything if you do not want to succeed? Why do it if it is not fun?

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Was I right, or what? Gotta have that negative attack, hey? At least you are consistant.......we know what little to expect of you.
Your boy "jwalk" hasn't been "libeled". HE'S the one that has made the comments about how bad Green Bay and Favre is (Or he's had his step daddy do his dirty work for him). jwalk cares about ONE person, himself. Favre is a team player and leader, and has been for 15 years. jwalk signed a contract, and spent the first half of it doing little, and the second half crying about how great he is, and how he's not getting paid enough. Even though the first 2 years of his contract he didn't EARN what he was already paid. He had ONE decent year. ONE!
But thats ok......you can slant it any way you want.......I don't care. I know the truth.
Oh, so whom is Favre looking out for right now? How is he not being selfish right now?

How do you know JWalk was behind the scenes, pulling his stepfather's strings? That's just ludacris, but I'm sure you have all of the inside information, because we know that you are such an important person.
bozz_2006 said:
hey JJ, i think walker is a ******, too, so you can throw me in with cheesey, for future reference.
Excellent post, please make more. No, seriously, post more. Seriously... no really, post more.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is a truly great qb, but the Packers need to build this team for the future and the future is not Brett Favre. If not this year than next year he will be done and then what? I just think it's ridiculous how certain Packers fans would rather have another season or two with a future HOF qb who is past his prime and will most likely be gone before winning another SB(two years will not be enough) than get a jumpstart on building the Packers of the future. How fast do you want the Packers to win the SB again? The sooner Favre is gone the sooner the Pack can try and establish another qb to fill his shoes. favre is not the future and time travel is not possible...yet. Of course since the QB of the future is not Favre most of the #4 lovers will hate on the next guy, whomever it is, for this reason(not being #4) and probably alienate a descent qb the way Denver did with Griese, because everybody knows John Elway is "God" in Colorado. The blinders are being worn in GB, but the truth hurts. Truth: Brett Favre will be gone within two years, I know everyone thought he would be the Packers qb for eternity, but it's just not possible in real life, time to move on. He will however, retire as a future HOF qb and a SB champion, isn't that good enough? I know many fans of other teams could only dream of having had a qb run as long and as good as Favre's tenure in GB. GB has been spoiled at QB and now that it's just about over, Packers fans don't want to accept that fact. Move on Green bay, the sooner you do the sooner you will see another Lombardi trophy. It's time to get that jumpstart on the future of the Packers and Brett is not the future of this team, unless he ends up a coach or GM or something to that aspect.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ,

Agree with your point re: Brett. He has now made it him vs. TT and no matter how it falls out, Brett will have been wronged by TT.

But I also agree with most of the sentiment re: Walker. He has created 99% of the ill will towards him himself.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packersacker...watch out...you're going to get blasted for those comments...though I tend to agree with you.

JJ alludes to a good point... they are both being selfish, and whether $$$ is the motivation or not, I feel is irrelevant, especially since it's easy for Brett to say that he'd play for free when he's made hundreds of millions of dollars already thanks to the Packers.

Brett wants to win now regardless of long term ramifications...do I blame him? HELL NO! but is it selfish?...yeah

Walker is likely the lowest paid probowl receiver in the league right now...do I blame him for being upset about that....no...but is it his own fault for signing the contract and is he being selfish? Yes!

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone who says that JWalk's Pro Bowl season is just one year, and that counts for nothing is crazy, in my opinion. This kid isn't a one-hit-wonder or a fluke--he's a player, the best athlete on GB's roster, and he is going to make ANY team happy, whereever he goes. It's just sad that you all don't see that, and that it probably won't be in GB.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got on and have no idea whats going on...

Brett said that?

Wow....

Wow.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
Brett is a truly great qb, but the Packers need to build this team for the future and the future is not Brett Favre. If not this year than next year he will be done and then what? I just think it's ridiculous how certain Packers fans would rather have another season or two with a future HOF qb who is past his prime and will most likely be gone before winning another SB(two years will not be enough) than get a jumpstart on building the Packers of the future. How fast do you want the Packers to win the SB again? The sooner Favre is gone the sooner the Pack can try and establish another qb to fill his shoes. favre is not the future and time travel is not possible...yet. Of course since the QB of the future is not Favre most of the #4 lovers will hate on the next guy, whomever it is, for this reason(not being #4) and probably alienate a descent qb the way Denver did with Griese, because everybody knows John Elway is "God" in Colorado. The blinders are being worn in GB, but the truth hurts. Truth: Brett Favre will be gone within two years, I know everyone thought he would be the Packers qb for eternity, but it's just not possible in real life, time to move on. He will however, retire as a future HOF qb and a SB champion, isn't that good enough? I know many fans of other teams could only dream of having had a qb run as long and as good as Favre's tenure in GB. GB has been spoiled at QB and now that it's just about over, Packers fans don't want to accept that fact. Move on Green bay, the sooner you do the sooner you will see another Lombardi trophy. It's time to get that jumpstart on the future of the Packers and Brett is not the future of this team, unless he ends up a coach or GM or something to that aspect.
Actually, in my opinion I'd want him to stick around for as long as he can walk, until he turns to dust and is blown away by a strong gust of wind. I see that the same guy who replaced Aikman in Dallas, the same guy who replaced Marino in Miami--that guy will be the one to replace Favre.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
Everyone who says that JWalk's Pro Bowl season is just one year, and that counts for nothing is crazy, in my opinion. This kid isn't a one-hit-wonder or a fluke--he's a player, the best athlete on GB's roster, and he is going to make ANY team happy, whereever he goes. It's just sad that you all don't see that, and that it probably won't be in GB.

I agree Walker will be a playmaker on any team regardless of contract disputes/ attitude etc (just like T.O). I'd love to have him on the Bears, but that will never happen(golden rule: don't trade top playmakers to division rivals)and besides I think my Bears need to establish a QB that can get him the ball first and foremost. Walker will find a nice home and be a great addition somewhere, If not GB than somewhere else.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
cheesey said:
Oh, so whom is Favre looking out for right now? How is he not being selfish right now?

How do you know JWalk was behind the scenes, pulling his stepfather's strings? That's just ludacris, but I'm sure you have all of the inside information, because we know that you are such an important person.
bozz_2006 said:
Excellent post, please make more. No, seriously, post more. Seriously... no really, post more.

Favre has ONE season left. He has given his all for 15 years . He has EARNED respect. He lead the Packers to 3 NFC title games, 2 super bowls, winning one, and won THREE NFL MVP awards. His career is at it's very end, and knows this is his LAST chance to win. If there's no chance, he's retiring. He played in over 200 straight games. NO NFL QB has ever come CLOSE to that. He EARNED his millions. "JJ DY-NO-Myte Walker" has had ONE good season, while getting PAID for FOUR. Maybe he should pay back what he got for the 3 seasons where he did almost nothing.
He's a spoiled punk. Like the majority of "pro" atheletes now adays.
Yeah...........JWALK will make ANY team happy........till he throws a tantrum there, and plays his T.O. junior routine. He might turn out to be a good player, or he may turn out to be a "one and done." Favre PROVED himself over 15 years..........walker hasn't yet. He might.......but thats the key phrase........MIGHT. He might NOT too.
I'm sure someone will over pay him. There are plenty of chumps out there in the NFL.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, you're saying that every rookie WR who doesn't get 1,500 yards, 15 TDs, a Pro Bowl invite... every rookie RB who doesn't get 2,000 yards, 20 TDs, a Pro Bowl invite... every rookie LB who doesn't get 200 tackles, 10 picks, a Pro Bowl invite... etc, etc, etc. All of these rooks who don't get these numbers have to pay back the contracts if they come up short?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
^^^What the hell is going on here?

my point was that just because you had a great qb doesn't automatically mean he'll be followed by ineptitude. Yeah, in Miami and Dallas that happened, but again, montana was followed by an HOF and Garcia....ummmm....wade wilson was followed by Sean Salisbury :D hmmm OK, it doesn't happen THAT often, but it can.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
cheesey said:

bozz_2006 said:

i agree that javon might be the best player on the packers roster, but can't you concede that he's being really childish about how he's handling his discontent? saying that if he does end up in GB next season, basically, that he's gonna do everything he can to screw up the team is not the mark of stand-up kind of guy. agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts