What are the chances,,

°Jacob°

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of aaron rodgers just being a beast, like coming out his rookie year and playing every game like he did against the cowboys and becoming a top QB?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think the chances are fairly strong that Aaron has an successful year, we have weapons abound in the passing game, a decent running game that just needs to be consistent, and an oline that is still gell'n... all those bode well for the Packers and Rodgers.

I expect a more controlled offense, less "wow" plays from the QB but also probably less "oh crap" plays as well.

Our defense will ensure our success, IMO.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it depends on our OL. If our OL continues solid pass protection of '07 and improves in run blocking, then yes. If our OL fails us, Aaron may spend too much time running for his life rather than producing yards and points.

What I'd like to see is 2000+ yards on the ground in '08. If so, I think a lot of pressure will be off of Aaron.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll do good. This team in a lot of ways compares to the Chargers when Phillip Rivers took over. Young team with a lot of good things going for them just the questions mark at QB. Rivers has won 14 games and been to an AFC Championship game in just two years. Not saying Rodgers will have that kind of success but Rodgers has similar upside in my opinion.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to sound like a pessimist, but it doesn't matter how A-rod Does. It will be his first year starting and he his BOUND to have some growing pains. Both Carson Palmer, and Peyton as I recall struggled their first season starting, but then again both got started a lot earlier too.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am i hopefull he will do well? YES!
But i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do great. He's not a rookie, he knows all the plays, so thats in his favor. But he's a rookie to being the starter, "THE" guy.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect a more controlled offense, less "wow" plays from the QB but also probably less "oh crap" plays as well.

That's a good way of putting it. I agree.

Reminds me of when I heard someone refer to Brett as the "master of the 'No! No!... Yes! Yes!!' play".

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Reminds me of when I heard someone refer to Brett as the "master of the 'No! No!... Yes! Yes!!' play".

:lol:

I remember saying "No! No!...Yes! Yes!" on more than one occasion with Brett.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol - everytime & i mean EVERYtime brett dropped back to pass from the beginning of his career til the very end, i said "oh *****, here we go..." i knew it was either gonna be brilliant or an int. i LOVED that about him!!!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:

Gosh, I never knew how well you really knew him!!! :shock:

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:

Oh Yeah.
I can also remember saying, "WHAT??!!! How could he throw the ball into triple coverage like that?"

I loved to watch him play but boy was he frustrating once in a while.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will benefit from having watched and learned for 3 years prior to being thrown into the fire, this should eliminate many of the young/rookie issues that plague many QB's.

i am not ready to proclaim him the 2nd coming, but I think he has a very good chance to be a top 5-10 QB in this league for a number of years.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:

Either that or, "Yes! Yes!... NO! NO! NO!"

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Since69 said:

Oh Yeah.
I can also remember saying, "WHAT??!!! How could he throw the ball into triple coverage like that?"

I loved to watch him play but boy was he frustrating once in a while.

Yup, there were a few times, when I'd have my hands over my eyes, barely peeking from between my fingers. Favre was very exciting to watch. I was always on the edge of my seat. Even non Packers fans found Packers games exciting. In the sports bar people who rooted for other teams would come over whenever they'd hear us cheering and ask us what happened. We'd say, "check out this amazing play! Words can not describe!" Thank God for replay.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, there were a few times, when I'd have my hands over my eyes, barely peeking from between my fingers. Favre was very exciting to watch. I was always on the edge of my seat. Even non Packers fans found Packers games exciting. In the sports bar people who rooted for other teams would come over whenever they'd hear us cheering and ask us what happened. We'd say, "check out this amazing play! Words can not describe!" Thank God for replay.

I even remember Randy Moss getting up to check out Favre play.

Members online

Latest posts