What about this guy?

supermancc0386

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about the Packers working a trade for Jermon Bushrod, LT for the Saints? He stepped up and filled in when Jammal Brown went down last year and did a great job. He man handled Jared Allen in the playoffs. The Saints only placed a second round tender on the guy. They have three tackles they like and he could be the odd man out. Based on the tenders, it appears as though the Saints are looking for Brown to return as the starter. He just turned 29. There would be just as much potential for him in Green Bay, and more potential for him to start sooner. Old scouting reports say he's got good pull potential and is quick. Seems like a good deal to get a proven, quality tackle. Who knows, may even be able to work a 3rd round deal or something for him?

NotSoSpecialTeams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know a whole lot about him but even if he is as good and has the amount of potential you say he does, it just isn't TT's style to trade away picks for guys like that, not unless he's been looking at him for a while already which is unlikely at this point. He could be a nice fit but just don't see it happening..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like him one bit. He's not that young, and he was embarassed by Jared Allen and Dwight Freeney, despite the latter being injuried.

There has been some talks in this forum about this, even with a Saints fan...

Rather trade for Gaither, if we were to trade something. A 2nd could be arranged, though it would take probably an early. But who knows? If we don't select a LT in the 1st round, and when we pick in the second nobody has traded for him, maybe it could work out...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like him one bit. He's not that young, and he was embarassed by Jared Allen and Dwight Freeney, despite the latter being injuried.

Rather trade for Gaither, if we were to trade something. A 2nd could be arranged, though it would take probably an early. But who knows? If we don't select a LT in the 1st round, and when we pick in the second nobody has traded for him, maybe it could work out...
I would rather just draft a guy in the second........if we don't get one in the 1st. ohh..... and Allen and Freeney embarrass 80 % of the O-lineman out there.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you watch what Jared Allen did against us? I don't think TT would do it, but it would be a bit of an upgrade

OP
OP
S

supermancc0386

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, he handled Jared Allen pretty well. Freeney gave him some trouble though. But he played well enough to help his team to a Super Bowl at one of the key positions. Gotta be something to him.

Older scouting reports talk about his quickness and ability to pull. I can't post links yet otherwise I would.

I think draft picks tend to be over-valued most of the time. This year though has been surprising (Holmes for a 5th). If they don't get an OT in the first, why not go and get a guy that can play at an NFL level? At worst, he'd probably make a good RT. Upside would be a great LT.

Members online

Latest posts