Well....We Whiff'd

Reaction score
On history.... It happened, not everyone wins every battle, it hurts.

I've seen season ending plays (4thn26/Young2TO/etc).
I've seen a 4-12 season, a 6-10 season.
I've seen the Lions game last year, the Bucs game in 09.

But none of those hurt like this.... History! Perfection or to be Forgotten...
This hurts nearly as much as Superbowl 32 (to me at least).

It was right there, we'd be talked about years from now.
"Yo, remember that time the Packers went 19-0?"
gerrrh.... Ultimate Bragging Rights!

Well... we whiffed sooner than we could've sniffed it... which means we're still in the hunt for Superbowl 46.... Every mountain climber has a slip up, it's how they rally and regroup.... Get back to Climbing to the Top. Focus on securing the no.1 seed, win in the playoffs, get the Championship, draft some defensive players, come out next year and try and accomplish unfinished business.
GO PACK GO! :tup:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was by far the worst performance I've seen from this team. Didn't think it would happen, but it was clear that they weren't thinking about this game. Outmatched and outcoached by a 5 win (6) team.

We've had spurs of terrible football from all parts, but Rodgers was playing at such a high level that he made up for a lot of things. Today he had a bad game and it all fell apart.

Now we see if the attitude changes, if they get their **** together and start playing like champions, or if they will continue to go through the game thinking that they can win whenever they want.

Just one thing though. It's one loss in 20 games. Anyone that is jumping off the bandwagon or that are calling out the players, you don't deserve to be a Packers fan.

Reaction score
It was by far the worst performance I've seen from this team. Didn't think it would happen, but it was clear that they weren't thinking about this game. Outmatched and outcoached by a 5 win (6) team.

We've had spurs of terrible football from all parts, but Rodgers was playing at such a high level that he made up for a lot of things. Today he had a bad game and it all fell apart.

Now we see if the attitude changes, if they get their **** together and start playing like champions, or if they will continue to go through the game thinking that they can win whenever they want.

Just one thing though. It's one loss in 20 games. Anyone that is jumping off the bandwagon or that are calling out the players, you don't deserve to be a Packers fan.
I'm jumping.

Just kidding. But we just got pushed off the undefeated bandwagon.

Not kidding.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I'm not sure why people are pinning this on Rodgers. Our second string OL couldn't block and the receivers had 6 or 7 drops. Nothing Rodgers can do about that.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, all there's left is a meager back-to-back SB win...

Damn. Instead of going for perfection, the only thing they have left is to do something only 8 teams in history have done. NOOOO!

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to pick up the pieces of the sky that fell on my backyard.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that only 3 teams in NFL history have only gone to 14-0 (2009 Colts, 2007 Patriots, 1972 Dolphins -- any more?), which just goes to show how tough going 14-0 is.

For weeks I was thinking: If we went 19-0, would it be fair that we would be considered the best NFL team ever? Especially, WITH THAT DEFENSE?!?

(We would have to be ranked No. 1 due to the perfect record. Currently, the 72 Dolphins are No. 1 and Bears No. 2 (based on NFL Films America's Game ranking.)

Let's face it: This team never looked like the best team in NFL history, which is why I'm not too sad that we missed on history.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people are pinning this on Rodgers. Our second string OL couldn't block and the receivers had 6 or 7 drops. Nothing Rodgers can do about that.
Not pinning it on Rodgers. He was one of the best out there today.

But he had his worst game since the Washington game last year. Missed way too many passes and didn't make many plays as he used to. In most days, if the line wasn't made of backups of backups and if the receivers could actually catch, it would be enough to win the game. Today, it wasn't.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But he had his worst game since the Washington game last year. Missed way too many passes and didn't make many plays as he used to. In most days, if the line wasn't made of backups of backups and if the receivers could actually catch, it would be enough to win the game. Today, it wasn't.
I agree RS, I think a number are giving him a bit of a free pass on this loss.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm glad somebody said it. Rodgers has not looked sharp to me for several games now.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree RS, I think a number are giving him a bit of a free pass on this loss.
I'm glad somebody said it. Rodgers has not looked sharp to me for several games now.
Lemme be clear. If the rest of the team puts up a decent, not even good, a decent performance, with the way Rodgers played, we win this game.

But he has the talent to play much, much better than he did today.

Looking for culprits is pointless. Everybody was to blame for this loss. Every single player and every single coach. The only guy that actually performed well was Grant, but he too left yards on the field. McCarthy should've ran a lot more. Capers called a terrible game. Both lines got dominated. The whole team was apathetic. The position coaches could've motivated their players to put up a respectable performance.

Water under the bridge. We've won it all with the same players and coaching staff. We can win it all with them.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not just Rogers, although we notice things more with him because so much of the focus is on him. Like we'd notice a stain of a white t-shirt where you wouldn't notice one as much on a red shirt. If people consider the QB to be the most important position in the game, then surely we'd notice when a QB isn't performing at the level we've come to expect. I think to some degree our expectations of him are a bit high. Not that he can't meet them, we just have to remember that he, like any player, is human and he has his off days. But I've also noticed that it's not only Rodgers who is off, it's pretty much the whole offensive line. It's not what it was at the beginning to middle of the season. Finley has dropped a number of passes for example. It's the same thing with the defense people noticed at the beginning of the year. It wasn't just one player, it was the unit. Where the D just needed time, I think the offense is just banged up. They got some new guys in there and it's going to take them a game or two to fit in. I'm also going to make a case for exhaustion. It's hard to keep up the high level that they play for 2 games in a row, let alone 13. Could it be that they just started to wear themselves out and now that they've gotten themselves into the playoffs, they've decided to take their lead foot off the accelerator because they can afford to? This was not the same team that we're used to seeing and it's not just today, it's been going on for several weeks. I think it's possible they are saving it for the playoffs and SB, where they are going to really need their energy and are going to need to play elite. Or it could be they are just having a string of games where they are just off. It happens even to the greatest team in the league.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
In defense of Rodgers though ... Newhouse was a turnstile today. #91 made him look like a rag doll. That could have been the worst performance of anybody today but even he wasn't alone...the entire offensive line, even those that were hurt played one of the worst games I've witnessed in a long time. Oddly though, I'd have to say that they ALL played like *****...except for Mastay.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Newhouse has been a turnstile. Nothing different there. Rodgers made a lot of bad throws, two consecutively towards Finley, some high, some low to other recievers. Also a bad throw in the end zone that was close to being intercepted.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that only 3 teams in NFL history have only gone to 14-0 (2009 Colts, 2007 Patriots, 1972 Dolphins -- any more?), which just goes to show how tough going 14-0 is.

Yeah, after today I am more impressed with the 07 Patriots.

For weeks I was thinking: If we went 19-0, would it be fair that we would be considered the best NFL team ever? Especially, WITH THAT DEFENSE?!?

The defense would make it debatable as to whether we were the best ever if we went 19-0. But who cares about "greatest ever"- that's debatable. What's not debatable is that if they went 19-0, they'd have accomplished something no one else ever did.

Let's face it: This team never looked like the best team in NFL history, which is why I'm not too sad that we missed on history.

I'm sad because these opportunities come once in a lifetime, and you have to seize them when you have them. Yeah, our defense is bad, but we still could've gone 19-0 with our offense. Even if you're good on both sides of the ball, you might not come close to perfection - I think the 96 Packers were #1 on offense and #2 on defense, and they still had 3 losses. We were so close to perfection this season, and I don't think it's too likely the Packers will have another 13-0 start anytime soon.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Is Clifton coming back? I heard he was but WHEN. Soon I hope. I hate seeing a great QB not get the best protection. It's sickening at times when I actually think the Colts o line is protecting Orlovsky better then the Packers o line is protecting Rodgers lately.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, after today I am more impressed with the 07 Patriots.

The defense would make it debatable as to whether we were the best ever if we went 19-0. But who cares about "greatest ever"- that's debatable. What's not debatable is that if they went 19-0, they'd have accomplished something no one else ever did.

I'm sad because these opportunities come once in a lifetime, and you have to seize them when you have them. Yeah, our defense is bad, but we still could've gone 19-0 with our offense. Even if you're good on both sides of the ball, you might not come close to perfection - I think the 96 Packers were #1 on offense and #2 on defense, and they still had 3 losses. We were so close to perfection this season, and I don't think it's too likely the Packers will have another 13-0 start anytime soon.

There are just too many holes for that to have been a realistic possibility. Bad defense and a bad OL. Sooner or later we were going to get exposed and it happened today. MM and the Packers have some major question marks to answer in the coming weeks. It's obvious that this team has major problems going into the playoffs that need to be addressed if we are going to have any chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts