Well, I'm crushed...

packerpower

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It STARTED out so well with Bulaga, but then it went COMPLETELY downhill. We started with "A" draft, but ended up with a C- or D. I'm just so deflated of watching OTHER teams snatch up guys WE should be picking. This was our chance to improve and challenge for the division crown in 2010, and we completely BLEW it...

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It STARTED out so well with Bulaga, but then it went COMPLETELY downhill. We started with "A" draft, but ended up with a C- or D. I'm just so deflated of watching OTHER teams snatch up guys WE should be picking. This was our chance to improve and challenge for the division crown in 2010, and we completely BLEW it...

B, B- at worst... imo. Bulaga, Morgan Burnett, C.J. Wilson will both be a great additions, we should've gotten Holliday, and one good cb at least....but...the rest of the picks were mainly for decent back-ups I believe...we got Sam Shields though, which excites me in the kick return game and at cb. Everybodys gotta be happier with the greater chance of saying goodbye to Bush!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Really? And you know this how? Do you have a time machine or a crystal ball or something that tells you how the season, and these draft picks, are going to turn out?

Look, it's your right to be disappointed because Ted didn't draft the way you wanted him to, but to label our season as a complete failure is going a bit much, don't you think?

Besides, we don't know how good or bad these picks will be for at least three years. For all we know, this draft could yield 5 potential hall of famers. We won't know until the games are played and the guys see the field.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rate our draft a C, however, I don't think it was acomplete failure. Bulaga to us was a great steal and a pick, Neal was a huge reach IMO, and we could have saved a pick by taking Brunette in the 2nd and not had to trade up to get him, and Neal (most likely) would have been there waiting for us still (possibly even in the 4th)
I do like Bulaga a lot, and the Brunette pick. Newhouse is also a good pick IMO. Not sure why we didnt nab Donovan Warren or another CB later in the draft, but it coul have been better, and could have been worse IMO

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He is allowed to say they will suck because of the draft...

But I find it funny that claims this is a fact, but wont say who they should have took

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's because it doesn't matter who TT should have picked, the draft still would have been a complete failure and our team would still be doomed to mediocrity at best for the next decade.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's because it doesn't matter who TT should have picked, the draft still would have been a complete failure and our team would still be doomed to mediocrity at best for the next decade.
I don't think it's like that.

I just think people overreact to the names that Kiper, McShay and that viking fan Mayock say.

If their team gets a player known, they're happy. If not, they aren't.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we put more pressure on the opposing QB I don't care who we drafted. I saw Capers on TV the other night and he seemed pretty pleased and relaxed. I hope that's a good sign.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's like that.

I just think people overreact to the names that Kiper, McShay and that viking fan Mayock say.

If their team gets a player known, they're happy. If not, they aren't.

It's all about who they know. Even when we drafted players I never heard of, my first instinct is to be disappointed. But then I read up on the player and watched some highlights videos and I wasn't so disappointed anymore. I think we had a really solid draft. Shored up the O-Line and D-Line nicely, got Burnett to replace injury prone Bigby, and add Quarless and Starks, both of who can be huge playmakers. I didn't really know much specifically about Neal, Newhouse, and Starks. But I read up on them and now I think they were solid. People should really chill out. Just because you never heard of them doesn't mean they won't be good players.

bravesman18

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh no, I agree with the OP, we CLEARLY got WORSE by drafting some players and losing the almighty Aaron Kampman. How will we get back to 11-5 without his 30 tackles and 3.5 sacks??

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm just so deflated of watching OTHER teams snatch up guys WE should be picking.
Examples, not generalizations. Who wouldn't you have taken and who would you have replaced them with?

The only one I would've changed was replacing Mike Neal with Golden Tate.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Examples, not generalizations. Who wouldn't you have taken and who would you have replaced them with?

The only one I would've changed was replacing Mike Neal with Golden Tate.
ND fan here, but we're crowded as it is, no need for Tate....

And your description name should be buzzy buzz buzzerson/buzzerston IMHO...

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I think we need to take a collective deep breath. While you can be disappointed with the specific player choices in the draft, you can't say it was a bad draft until these guys get a chance to show what they've got. In 97 no one was really up on a DB coming out of Texas AM-Kingsville who was drafted in the 6th round, pick 169 overall, but I would say Al Harris panned out to be a damn good corner. Even if he is getting a bit older, and not quite as fast as he used to be, he is still really good. My point is, relax and give the guys a shot before you write them off.

supermancc0386

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. For all the things Ted does wrong, the draft is usually his strong spot. The only question/problem I might have with this one is could we have grabbed Burnett in the 2nd and still got Neal in the 3rd without giving up a pick? I'm not sure that we could have, but I think maybe we could have and kept a pick. Otherwise, Ted should have worked a 7th out of them in that trade.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's amazing how many people drink "Kiper Kool-Aid", i.e., the spoon-fed TV hallucinogenic which gives those swallowing it the worst perception of how football is played.
With the occasional exception of a Clay Matthews, what we are arguing about here are 21 year old ROOKIES. Kiper and company would make you think these guys are on par or better than veterans making a living in the NFL. The draftees last year were playing against other college players, not professionals. Who the heck knows if any of them can play? You are merely drafting potential, and potential can go away in a hurry, ala Tony Mandarich. I stopped drinking Kiper Kool-Aid sometime ago when I realized all this draft hype was for the benefit of those originating it. I stopped subscribing to all these draft gurus. I realized, it really doesn't matter who the Packers drafted, it was all hit or miss anyway. For every Aaron Rodgers, there's Jon Michels. For every Brad Jones, there's Justin Harrell. Like baseball, if a GM hits .333 on draft picks, he's doing slightly above average. Remember: just because you know a "name" player doesn't mean he's worth a crap. Think Jamarcus Russell. Just because all the dudes....WHO DON'T PLAY THE GAME...say something about a prospect, that doesn't mean a thing. THEY DON'T PLAY THE GAME.
Who knows if Bulauga can block? We'll find out when the pads come on. Until then, enjoy the warm weather. Football means cold weather is coming and I've had enough of that for awhile. It's boat fishing time, some beer, and to hell with football for awhile.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's amazing how many people drink "Kiper Kool-Aid", i.e., the spoon-fed TV hallucinogenic which gives those swallowing it the worst perception of how football is played.
With the occasional exception of a Clay Matthews, what we are arguing about here are 21 year old ROOKIES. Kiper and company would make you think these guys are on par or better than veterans making a living in the NFL. The draftees last year were playing against other college players, not professionals. Who the heck knows if any of them can play? You are merely drafting potential, and potential can go away in a hurry, ala Tony Mandarich. I stopped drinking Kiper Kool-Aid sometime ago when I realized all this draft hype was for the benefit of those originating it. I stopped subscribing to all these draft gurus. I realized, it really doesn't matter who the Packers drafted, it was all hit or miss anyway. For every Aaron Rodgers, there's Jon Michels. For every Brad Jones, there's Justin Harrell. Like baseball, if a GM hits .333 on draft picks, he's doing slightly above average. Remember: just because you know a "name" player doesn't mean he's worth a crap. Think Jamarcus Russell. Just because all the dudes....WHO DON'T PLAY THE GAME...say something about a prospect, that doesn't mean a thing. THEY DON'T PLAY THE GAME.
Who knows if Bulauga can block? We'll find out when the pads come on. Until then, enjoy the warm weather. Football means cold weather is coming and I've had enough of that for awhile. It's boat fishing time, some beer, and to hell with football for awhile.

I hate ESPN. 90% of fans only listen to them and what they read in the local paper in the morning. Espn is garbage and 90% of the people they employ are idiots. But I still love Erin Andrews.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
But I still love Erin Andrews.
As do I. :man_in_love:

Regarding ESPN, this year I finally made the switch to NFL Network for my draft coverage. I won't be going back. They actually talk about the picks as they happen, even the late round ones, they don't gloss over them to talk about day 1 headlines like ESPN does.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I'd give the draft a B+ to A- even if this Neal guy pans out. The only posistion we drafted that wasnt a NEED was TE. Yeah i know we didnt get a CB or an OLB, but you are thinking the same way the bears draft. You dont just lay out your needs and say, were gonna draft 1 cb 2 RB's 1 oline 1 dline, etc.... You draft the best players where you have them rated. Now you might rate players high because of the team needs but you don't just go and pick CB's that you dont believe are going to add anything too the team. I didnt see any DB's that dropped that I liked. We don't need TT drafting more Jarret Bush's and Aaron Rouse's just because you think thats a good idea. TT did a fabulous job this year.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
there is NO WAY to rate a draft until 2-3 years down the road. Calm down. Most rookies never see a starting position anyway. We might have another Aaron Rodgers or Clay Matthews. Time will tell.

Still, I think we need to move in FA and get a Nickle CB that actually can defend my grandmother if any decent ones come around.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'm with the overwhelming majority here, we had a good draft with a lot of potential. My only critique is that it would've been nice to have added maybe 1 CB.

OP
OP
packerpower

packerpower

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see everyone is just drinking the green koolaid. After Bulaga's name was announced, I actually was jumping up and down and yelling. I ran outside and just shouted "BULAGA!" pretty loudly because we finally made a great first round pick. Rounds 2-7, however, had me cursing this regime by the time the draft ended. The Lions, Vikings, and even the Bears made solid picks after round 1. We did not. That is why we're still on the outside looking in. Almost enough to make a guy want to cancel his season tickets...

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see everyone is just drinking the green koolaid. After Bulaga's name was announced, I actually was jumping up and down and yelling. I ran outside and just shouted "BULAGA!" pretty loudly because we finally made a great first round pick. Rounds 2-7, however, had me cursing this regime by the time the draft ended. The Lions, Vikings, and even the Bears made solid picks after round 1. We did not. That is why we're still on the outside looking in. Almost enough to make a guy want to cancel his season tickets...
wheww oh man its time to let it rest. and nobody is making you buy the tickets. if you dont like the product dont buy it :nono:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Now you know why your name is in pink with the tag "Packer Hater." In all 54 of your posts, I don't think I've once seen you say a positive thing about the Packers.

On that note, please cancel your season tickets. Others (Like me) who are on the waiting list would love an opportunity to get them.

Members online

Latest posts