Welcome to our living room OBF posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if ya wanna talk smack, including anything about how you think TT treated your boy BrINT, there is a special section on here where you can dish it all out that you want to!

Don't be shy.
Let us know who you are!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Favre fans who hopped on the Vikings wagon, are probably trying to jump off now, and come back to Green Bay..

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Favre fans who hopped on the Vikings wagon, are probably trying to jump off now, and come back to Green Bay..
One of 'em over there, she's even a mod, won't do that until Ted is gone.
Wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of them feel the same way.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know how else to explain the influx of Favre fans here in the past week or two..

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you knew I would come here to say something right? BF is still a good QB, and better than anything else the Vikings could put out there at this given time. Although many see Favre's first few games as a "sign of the season", people must realize a few things first.

One, he is playing without the Vikes top receiver. Two, his second favorite receiver and second best Vikes WR Percy Harvin has had a hard time building chemistry due to injuries starting with training camp. Third, we have recently brought in a "jump ball" Rice replacement (which doesn't come close to quality) in Hank Baskett, therefore Brett had one practice with the guy before the last game versus the Lions.

No matter what way you slice it, BF is not going to have a season like last year, and although there were many Vikings fans thinking he "could" or "would", I knew better. At this point in this season, Peterson is the one running the show unlike last year, so with Favre looking like he still has some rest to shake off before the season takes a playoff turn THIRTEEN WEEKS from now, there will be dramatic improvements not only from Brett, but from the offense in general.

It's not like last year when the Vikes started out with an easy schedule or anything, and when you add the fact that Brett's receiver core took a turn for the worst, it would be anything but easy (Brett even admitted that before the season started). It doesn't take much for a QB to do what it takes top win with a RB like Adrian Peterson in the backfield, but things will open up with defenses because AP is doing so well, and as time goes on chemistry will begin to look more suitable in terms of consistency. By the time you get to week 7 or 8, Sidney Rice becomes a threat once again and you can take it from there.

In the end, Favre haters will only see the blatant statistics and say that BF had a fluke year last season and you can prove that by seeing his performances thus far this season, but to leave it at that and draw a conclusion is nothing short of ignorance and denial.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the lack of participation in training camp has been proven, knowing he wouldn't have the same receiving corp as last year should have hinted him to maybe show up to training camp and work with the guys he would be throwing the ball to, just my 2 cents..

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Farve fans! Being a Pack fan, I can't say I'm feelin Favre too much right now, when he wears a Viking jersey, he is therefore the enemy. You guys would be more than welcome to some lasagna if you ever came this way (Philly LOL), we may just have to sit on opposite sides of the room! Still, I love a good rivalry, it gets my blood hot. I think when you guys get healthy, you will be a tighter team, but it may be too little too late. Good luck over there, rebuild, stay healthy and for God's sake, protect your precious Favre if you want him to last the season! This is the NFL, not SNFL (Seniors National Football League)! Sorry couldn't resist, still love all of you though!

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder... what will happen if the Queens turn it around and have a decent season, ending of course with an interception on the last play of the season as each of Favre's last 3 seasons have ended (or is it the last 4 seasons?).

I wonder... what will happen if the Queens don't turn their season around and Favre quits and goes home?

I wonder... what will happen if Favre does stick it out through a tough year, then plays his prima-donna ********* hold-the-team-hostage game yet again?

I wonder... what will happen since the Queens fans know (if they'll admit it or not) that when they say the Queens' early season struggles have been due to "poor timing" and "poor chemistry" between Favre and the receivers, that it's really just a nice way of saying that Favre has been the same prima-donna ********* with the Queens as he was with the Jets and with us for his last 5 years or so as a Packer.

Will the Queens fans still cup Favre's nuts? How about the Official Brett Favre Fan Forum members? Will they still cuddle his sack, blaming the Packers, the Jets, and the Vikings? Or will they get as sick of his ******** as we did, and finally realize what the entire rest of the world already knows.

Me personally, I hope he stays with 'em for another 10 years. The 2 years they've already wasted with him might have been enough time to develop a good young quarterback. It would at least have been enough time to start getting a good young quarterback ready. Instead, they've hitched their wagon to a guy that single-handedly engineered more playoff losses than any player in history, and did so in spectacularly stupid fashion.

Quite honestly, I'm not sure which I enjoy more. Favre sinking the Queens, or Cutler pouting like an insolent child while Kyle Orton is having an excellent year in Denver.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Excellent synopsis, MINVIK. I think I agree with you on all points. The Vikings are still a very good team and Brett is still capable to take a game over on a moment's notice.

However, for the first time since his first retirement announcement (when I believed it), I do believe that this is finally Brett's last year. He still will has some good games left in his tank, but the needle is really close to "E".

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you knew I would come here to say something right?
Nope. Wasn't thinking of you at all.
Ya see, this thread was started for the members of the BrINT Favre forum of his official website.
Did you miss that or are you a member?

Will the Queens fans still cup Favre's nuts? How about the Official Brett Favre Fan Forum members? Will they still cuddle his sack, blaming the Packers, the Jets, and the Vikings? Or will they get as sick of his ******** as we did, and finally realize what the entire rest of the world already knows.
They are sticking with their rust bucket boy because they see him as a victim of the whole Ted Thompson/Mike McCarthy fiasco. (How someone making millions and still doing what he loves can be seen as a victim is beyond me.)
They are in denial of the lies BrINT told and ignore that he was being a waffle headed cry baby and that he dug his own hole in the first place.
They are in such denial that if you bring up the facts over on his official forum, you will be banned.
They do not want one bad word, even if that word is truth, about their rust bucket boy.
Me personally, I hope he stays with 'em for another 10 years. The 2 years they've already wasted with him might have been enough time to develop a good young quarterback. It would at least have been enough time to start getting a good young quarterback ready. Instead, they've hitched their wagon to a guy that single-handedly engineered more playoff losses than any player in history, and did so in spectacularly stupid fashion.
I'm fine and dandy with the Viqueens mistake as well. :Dancing:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you knew I would come here to say something right? BF is still a good QB, and better than anything else the Vikings could put out there at this given time. Although many see Favre's first few games as a "sign of the season", people must realize a few things first.

One, he is playing without the Vikes top receiver. Two, his second favorite receiver and second best Vikes WR Percy Harvin has had a hard time building chemistry due to injuries starting with training camp. Third, we have recently brought in a "jump ball" Rice replacement (which doesn't come close to quality) in Hank Baskett, therefore Brett had one practice with the guy before the last game versus the Lions.

No matter what way you slice it, BF is not going to have a season like last year, and although there were many Vikings fans thinking he "could" or "would", I knew better. At this point in this season, Peterson is the one running the show unlike last year, so with Favre looking like he still has some rest to shake off before the season takes a playoff turn THIRTEEN WEEKS from now, there will be dramatic improvements not only from Brett, but from the offense in general.

It's not like last year when the Vikes started out with an easy schedule or anything, and when you add the fact that Brett's receiver core took a turn for the worst, it would be anything but easy (Brett even admitted that before the season started). It doesn't take much for a QB to do what it takes top win with a RB like Adrian Peterson in the backfield, but things will open up with defenses because AP is doing so well, and as time goes on chemistry will begin to look more suitable in terms of consistency. By the time you get to week 7 or 8, Sidney Rice becomes a threat once again and you can take it from there.

In the end, Favre haters will only see the blatant statistics and say that BF had a fluke year last season and you can prove that by seeing his performances thus far this season, but to leave it at that and draw a conclusion is nothing short of ignorance and denial.
I don't think anyone will say that Favre had a fluke season last year. It was flukey in the sense that it was too carefree to be Favre's, but everybody recognizes the immense talent the guy has.

And, so far, I've seen every game but the Dolphins game, which I saw only the best moments, I must admit. The ones I"ve seen, Favre has been abysmal, nothing short of that. Do I think it'll keep like this? Absolutely not. But he's not playing anywhere near elite level, and he probably won't this year.

And one can't make a case that ONE receiver is the difference between 100+ rating and 50 rating. If so, that means that the receiver was bailing the QB out, and not that the QB was making the receivers better, as we heard last year.

Favre will play better, he will win some games for them.

But, unless he starts playing like he did last year, the Vikings won't be contenders.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone will say that Favre had a fluke season last year. It was flukey in the sense that it was too carefree to be Favre's, but everybody recognizes the immense talent the guy has.

And, so far, I've seen every game but the Dolphins game, which I saw only the best moments, I must admit. The ones I"ve seen, Favre has been abysmal, nothing short of that. Do I think it'll keep like this? Absolutely not. But he's not playing anywhere near elite level, and he probably won't this year.

And one can't make a case that ONE receiver is the difference between 100+ rating and 50 rating. If so, that means that the receiver was bailing the QB out, and not that the QB was making the receivers better, as we heard last year.

Favre will play better, he will win some games for them.

But, unless he starts playing like he did last year, the Vikings won't be contenders.

I disagree, the Vikings don't need to even come close to how Favre played last year if Peterson keeps up his game. Favre could only be half as good as last year and they would be contenders IMO. Thus far, he has been about 20% of what he was last year, but then again our receiver core has been about 5%...

I think ONE top receiver can make the world of difference as well, and that is because once you take out Rice, then Berrian becomes the number one guy, which he is not capable of being. Once that is discovered, then everyone goes after Shaincoe and Harvin (i.e. game over for the passing game). It's once you put Rice in there is the time Berrian becomes the number two he is known to be, then once Rice is covered Berrian can shine, but he cannot do so as a number one guy as we have seen this year. Then, once Berrian is focused on, Harvin is the go to guy, or vice-versa, but either way once you take Rice out of the picture, you have one good receiver and 3 bad ones, BIG DIFFERENCE!

Anyway, Brett needs to stop turning over the ball for sure, but he doesn't need to become that all-star like he was last year, the Vikes have far too much talent all around, and that is why they have been in every game thu far this season even when Brett has turned the ball over multiple times a game. IMO, I don't think the Packers are a contender at this point either because they have no run game, their special teams blows, and they turn over the football all the time, but this is just what I see. There is obvious talent on the Pack, however they have played 3 weak teams out of 4, and could/should have lost 2 of them (Eagles and Lions). As you can see, for them to barely beat the Lions at home is a sign of how they need to get their **** together, they should have lost that game actually; the Vikes destroyed the Lions.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder... what will happen if the Queens turn it around and have a decent season, ending of course with an interception on the last play of the season as each of Favre's last 3 seasons have ended (or is it the last 4 seasons?).

I wonder... what will happen if the Queens don't turn their season around and Favre quits and goes home?

I wonder... what will happen if Favre does stick it out through a tough year, then plays his prima-donna ********* hold-the-team-hostage game yet again?

I wonder... what will happen since the Queens fans know (if they'll admit it or not) that when they say the Queens' early season struggles have been due to "poor timing" and "poor chemistry" between Favre and the receivers, that it's really just a nice way of saying that Favre has been the same prima-donna ********* with the Queens as he was with the Jets and with us for his last 5 years or so as a Packer.

Quite honestly, I'm not sure which I enjoy more. Favre sinking the Queens, or Cutler pouting like an insolent child while Kyle Orton is having an excellent year in Denver.

Jesus your ignorant! How many Packers fans cupped Favres nuts while he was a Packer? Ummmm...virtually ALL OF THEM ya hypocrite! Second, Cutler and Orton are having equally good seasons, go check the stats, please know what your talking about before spewing insults, thank you.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus your ignorant! How many Packers fans cupped Favres nuts while he was a Packer? Ummmm...virtually ALL OF THEM ya hypocrite! Second, Cutler and Orton are having equally good seasons, go check the stats, please know what your talking about before spewing insults, thank you.

Sorry Deanna, but I was ready for your old man to retire long before the first time he threatened to. Like I said... he's singlehandedly blown more playoff games than any player in the history of the NFL, and done so in spectacularly stupid fashion. Luckily for us, the Queens seem stupid enough to play his ******** game long enough for Peterson to become irrelevant. A back like that is special, but that window won't stay open forever.

I just hope your husband doesn't suck so much money (and the last remaining shred of dignity) out of that sorry *** franchise that they move to Los Angeles. It's been way too much fun watching them shoot themselves in the foot and laughing at them for the last 40 years.

And please be careful with all the name-calling. It just doesn't suit a lady... redneck or not.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not a hypocrite.

Hypocrites are the ones who booed Favre all his career, and then, when he comes to their team, say that they have always respected him...

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Deanna, but I was ready for your old man to retire long before the first time he threatened to. Like I said... he's singlehandedly blown more playoff games than any player in the history of the NFL, and done so in spectacularly stupid fashion. Luckily for us, the Queens seem stupid enough to play his ******** game long enough for Peterson to become irrelevant. A back like that is special, but that window won't stay open forever.

I just hope your husband doesn't suck so much money (and the last remaining shred of dignity) out of that sorry *** franchise that they move to Los Angeles. It's been way too much fun watching them shoot themselves in the foot and laughing at them for the last 40 years.

And please be careful with all the name-calling. It just doesn't suit a lady... redneck or not.

Name-Calling? Really? Did you not just call me Deanna (a woman for christ sakes)? Stating that someone is ignorant isn't name-calling my friend, but rather defining ones personality and/or character traits, kapeesh? Ok, now that we are through that we can talk more football. BF is sucking money out of this franchise, however he is worth every penny! He is a better QB than anyone else on the roster, or compared to anyone that was available free agency before this season. It's obvious after last year when Brett and the Vikes beat the Packers TWICE Fudge fans would be even more hypocritical and uptight pertaining the whole BF leaving the Pack scenario, but there is no doubt your attitude is nothing short of sour grapes and wrinkled nuts!

Let's be honest, Favre brings in more money than he earns with salary, and before Brett came to the Vikes, our offense had not had a 300yd passing game since 2004 or something like that when we had Daunte Culpepper, so although he threw a playoff pick ending the season, his success all season overshadowed his INT without a question, not to mention the teams 5 fumbles and ridiculous penalty taking them out of FG range. Remember one thing, during the last 40 years (1970), the Vikings have made the playoffs 24 times compared to the Packers 14, so there has been nearly twice as many SUCCESSFUL seasons for Vikes fans than Packers fans, except for the 1996-97 SB of course.

Regarding Favre's statistic of more blown playoff games or whatever, he also is known for consecutive starts, yards thrown, touchdowns, wins, etc etc etc, but none of those mean anything right? Without Favre, your franchises last SB would have been 43 years ago, so take it easy.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not a hypocrite.

Hypocrites are the ones who booed Favre all his career, and then, when he comes to their team, say that they have always respected him...

No, that is only ONE context of a hypocrite, but one can be a Packer fan of whom loved the man and defended him while he wore green, then suddenly turned against him once he left the team, the word "hypocrite" can be used in more than one context ya know.....and if your referring to me as being what you described, your wrong, I have always known Favre was a good QB I wished my Vikes had years ago.....

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Name-Calling? Really? Stating that someone is ignorant isn't name-calling my friend, but rather defining ones personality and/or character traits, kapeesh? Ok, now that we are through that we can talk more football. BF is sucking money out of this franchise, however he is worth every penny! He is a better QB than anyone else on the roster, or compared to anyone that was available free agency before this season. It's obvious after last year when Brett and the Vikes beat the Packers TWICE Fudge fans would be even more hypocritical and uptight pertaining the whole BF leaving the Pack scenario, but there is no doubt your attitude is nothing short of sour grapes and wrinkled nuts!

Let's be honest, Favre brings in more money than he earns with salary, and before Brett came to the Vikes, our offense had not had a 300yd passing game since 2004 or something like that when we had Daunte Culpepper, so although he threw a playoff pick ending the season, his success all season overshadowed his INT without a question, not to mention the teams 5 fumbles and ridiculous penalty taking them out of FG range. Remember one thing, during the last 40 years (1970), the Vikings have made the playoffs 24 times compared to the Packers 14, so there has been nearly twice as many SUCCESSFUL seasons for Vikes fans than Packers fans, except for the 1996-97 SB of course.

Regarding Favre's statistic of more blown playoff games or whatever, he also is known for consecutive starts, yards thrown, touchdowns, wins, etc etc etc, but none of those mean anything right? Without Favre, your franchises last SB would have been 43 years ago, so take it easy.
I do agree that calling someone ignorant isn't an offense, but your tone was offensive. Lighten up.
No, that is only ONE context of a hypocrite, but one can be a Packer fan of whom loved the man when he wore green, then suddenly turned against him once he left the team, the word "hypocrite" can be used in more than one context ya know.....and if your referring to me as being what you described, your wrong, I have always known Favre was a good QB I wished my Vikes had years ago.....
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite

There aren't many contexts of hypocrite.

Definition of HYPOCRITE

: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

It's not in contradiction to our statements and beliefs when we boo Favre because he's with the Vikings. Our allegiance is always with the Packers, and the Vikings are rivals. It would be a HUGE contradiction if we cheered for Minnesota. It IS contradiction to one's statement when he does what I said, and I didn't name you, because I don't know if you did that or not. But I know A LOT of vikings fans who did just that.

If a Packer fan said that Favre was perfect, and that it was the team that lost and not Favre, and now proceeds to call him a loser, then that's hypocrisis.

But, personally, I never proceeded like that. And before you call someone an hypocrite, you better have proof that he is behaving in contradiction to his past...

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree that calling someone ignorant isn't an offense, but your tone was offensive. Lighten up.

Hypocrite - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

There aren't many contexts of hypocrite.

It's not in contradiction to our statements and beliefs when we boo Favre because he's with the Vikings. Our allegiance is always with the Packers, and the Vikings are rivals. It would be a HUGE contradiction if we cheered for Minnesota. It IS contradiction to one's statement when he does what I said, and I didn't name you, because I don't know if you did that or not. But I know A LOT of vikings fans who did just that.

If a Packer fan said that Favre was perfect, and that it was the team that lost and not Favre, and now proceeds to call him a loser, then that's hypocrisis.

But, personally, I never proceeded like that. And before you call someone an hypocrite, you better have proof that he is behaving in contradiction to his past...

My tone? Seriously? It's the internet dude, jesus! Anyway, someone is a hypocrite when they defend someone that played for their team over and over, then once he leaves they go against him calling him names and acting like he was never any good (i.e. calling him interceptor). So, if Vikes fans are such because they hated him for years as you put it, but now like him, then the same goes for Packer fans who loves him, but now hate him because he isn't a Packer anymore. If you disagree, your either being a hypocrite or plain ignorant...get it?

Hell, who needs proof to know that ANY Packer fan didn't like Favre while he was a Packer? Seriously? Maybe the last year or two there could be some BS, but for the most part fans loved the man and respected him, defended him, etc....

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been to the playoffs 24 times, blah blah blah. The Packers have still won more NFL championships than any other team in the league; and not only have the Queens never won a Superbowl, they've never even led in one. They'd have to improve a quite a bit just to achieve mediocrity.

But hey, look on the bright side. The monumental stupidity of the Queens giving in to Favre's every whim might just make people forget the monumental stupidity of the Herschel Walker trade. Only time will tell if this monumental stupidity will cripple them for as long as the other monumental stupidity did.

I hope you stay around here just as much as I hope Favre stays with the Queens for another 10 years; and for the exact same reasons. You're both fun to watch, in a "grisly train wreck" kinda way.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the Vikings biggest problems has been the O line, but it seems like the Vikings fans havent noticed...

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Isnt that more of he length he has played? then how GOOD he played?

Since 2001 Brett is 4-6 in playoffs, and 0-2 in NFCCG...Which is what he is starting to be known for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.