Weekend Playoff Predictions 1/16-17

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far Burp's post season record, if I'm correct would be: 12 W 10 L.
Maybe I can be impressed by the number of appearences, but just 2 wins over the losses doesn't seem that great to me.

Yes I'm being biased but he does tend to lose in the playoffs which is the norm and why I expect the Viqueens to lose.

And Manning is 8-8. So I guess Manning must suck too.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I heard Favre say, "I'd be surprised if I weren't here talking with you guys next week ...", I couldn't help but read into his words a little bit.

I think Brett knows all too well what Romo and the 'Boyz will be in for in terms of atmosphere on Sunday, and I think he is loving every minute of the anticipation.

The Cowboys are suddenly the "best" team in the NFL, yet they've still got a QB that can be seriously rattled with pressure and a head coach that is terrible in the playoffs. Old Jerry Jones is not going to be a happy camper by Sunday afternoon. :)

I'm a freakin' genius. :)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first, I'll admit that I bought into the Cowboys hype a little bit. Don't get me wrong - they're darned solid, but they'll have too much to overcome on Sunday.

Minnesota averages: 424 net yards in the dome, while giving up 250 yards on defense. They score an average of 33 points in the dome and give up an average of 16.

Compare and contrast that with Dallas which averages: 396 yards on the road, while giving up 330 yards on defense. They score an average of 20 points on the road and give up an average of 19.

I believe what you could see from Dallas on offense is a lot of yardage, but not a lot of points to show for it. The key for Minnesota is to start out strong on offense in the 1st quarter and steadily apply the pressure on defense until the result is no longer in doubt.

I'm dying to see this game!!!

Holy smokes - I AM a genius!!! :)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've been a "genius" in 1 of 3 playoff games so far. Geniuses usually go 3 for 3.

Yeah, I hear that. However, notice the precision and uncanny accuracy in how the game unfolded nearly word for word as I had predicted it would.

What am I doing on a forum for God's sakes?!?!?!

Man - I am seriously happy for Brett Favre. He was abused the entire season, but he kept his head down and his nose to the grindstone and it has paid off handsomely.

I'm not sure New Orleans understands what they're in for next week. :)

Congrats, Brett!!!:happy0005:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
How the hell do Brett's team last year and his current team end up in the conference championship round and we're at home watching?!?

I hate everything. :(

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to realize that Brett is lucky to have a defense where his D-line is pretty much doing all the work. I think if their front 4 has the same performance in NO all of us packer fans would have to turn off our TV's for the superbowl because you know who's gonna be playing in it.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the hell do Brett's team last year and his current team end up in the conference championship round and we're at home watching?!?

I hate everything. :(
I read ya loud and clear Jess.
Root for Saints against Viqueens. No problem.

Root for either Burnt's former team, (Which would be sweet to see in the SB) or for the team whose head coach is from Wisconsin? (Jim Caldwell is from Beloit.)
Hmmmmm......
Desicions, desicions.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 for 4....I'll take it because my "1" was me money. :)

Aints could be in for a rude awakening on Sunday. :)

Members online

Latest posts