Week 6 Power Rankings

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you'll like this one more then. I really am not all that surprised that the Pats are 4 in the one you posted. I agree with the Saints being ahead of the Lions, but the Lions have a more rounded team than the Patriots do. The Pats are able to stay in and win games based solely on their offense. Luckily, even though many thought that the Packers were in the same boat, we showed them last week that we are able to make the in-game adjustments necessary to beat any team in the league. The Lions have similar tendencies, just dialed down a little. I'd put the Lions ahead of the Patriots right now as they are a more well-rounded team.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. They deserve to be ahead of the Pats, but there's no way I would put them in front of the Saints yet. The Lions very well may be an elite team this year, but I just haven't seen enough out of them yet to rank the ahead of N.O.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Let's see how the Lions do against the 9ers this week shall we? I think this is their first opponent with a winning record. It will be interesting to see Frank Gore against the Lions front. He's kinda like Grant and Starks in one guy.
Jim Harbaugh seems to be the leading candidate for Coach of the Year.
Let me ask one simple question: Do you think the Lions can beat the Packers, Patriots or Saints?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The NFC North isn't called the Black and Blue division for Nothing. Traditionally the toughest division in football. It would be even tougher if those sissy's in Minneapolis and Detroit would rip the domes off of their stadiums and play football the way it was meant to be played. How many Superbowls have the Vikes been to since they went indoors.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I would put Detroit over New England for one reason: Defense.

NE has the worst passing defense and they don't even seem to care. Just go and rack up on defensive players during the off season that do nothing.

Billechek got called a "genius" for going for Albert Haynesworth. I'm sure if it was any other coach in the league, they would have been called stupid for that.

The only thing I disagree with on those rankings is the Chargers being so high.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I would put Detroit over New England for one reason: Defense.

NE has the worst passing defense and they don't even seem to care. Just go and rack up on defensive players during the off season that do nothing.

Billechek got called a "genius" for going for Albert Haynesworth. I'm sure if it was any other coach in the league, they would have been called stupid for that.

The only thing I disagree with on those rankings is the Chargers being so high.
Well that's on you. I don't think there's any chance in hell outside of "any given Sunday" that Detroit can beat the Patriots do you? And that sir is how I score the power rankings in my head. Who's the least beatable. You have to put the stats behind you for power rankings. If you look at the stats you might believe this Dom Capers defense is soft against the pass. lol. Do you think the Lions would beat the Saints or Ravens or Steelers? C'mon Bogie, even you can't imagine that.
Besides, nothing wrong with having a prolific offense. Please don't discount the Chargers, they've been inconsistent in the past but I can tell you that's one game I'm worried about this season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Well that's on you. I don't think there's any chance in hell outside of "any given Sunday" that Detroit can beat the Patriots do you? And that sir is how I score the power rankings in my head. Who's the least beatable. You have to put the stats behind you for power rankings. If you look at the stats you might believe this Dom Capers defense is soft against the pass. lol. Do you think the Lions would beat the Saints or Ravens or Steelers? C'mon Bogie, even you can't imagine that.
Besides, nothing wrong with having a prolific offense. Please don't discount the Chargers, they've been inconsistent in the past but I can tell you that's one game I'm worried about this season.

You got me there, good point.

My folks can't wait for the Lions/Saints match up, plus it's in the Superdome. Personally, I think the Saints will win by more than 7. The only thing is, New Orleans seems to have a problem by letting teams hang around in the 4th quarter, when looking at stats, they should be blowing them out. But it's in the Superdome; and in recent years, the Saints have tore teams up when they were favored to lose, or playing a good team. When they are at home against a better or even team, they play 100%. Good example of that is how they beat Pittsburgh at home last season, when Pittsburgh was the better team.

I believe the Lions probably could beat New England. After they blew a 20+ point lead against the Bills, I can never say never against their bad defense.

There's about 5 games on Detroit's schedule I believe they will lose, and the Saints are one of them. If they had Baltimore I'd count them to lose that one too.

Members online

Latest posts