Week 6 game 5 Ravens

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see how McCarthy adjust during halftime. How the packers offense comes out in the second half will be very telling of MM offensive ability.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
First half summary -
Offense - Predictable play calling combined with poor execution. Someone in the WR core needs to step up and be the leader. If Cobb is lost for any time the TT needs to step out of character and and get someone.
Defense - Solid play. Jolly stopping up the middle & LBs making plays. A few WTF moments in the secondary but otherwise great play.
Special Teams - Average. I thought the first thing coached was never go after a blocked kick if there are any kicking team players in the area. I'd expect more from a veteran player.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On the NFL Gameday show this morning Steve Mariucci predicted that Nelson, Cobb, and Jones would each have 100 yards receiving and Lacey would have 100 yards rushing as the Packers crush the Ravens. And you know what that means: When someone like Mariucci makes that kind of prediction!! ... ... ... Ya, that's right it doesn't mean a thing. Just thought I'd mention it.
Thought that was outrageous predictions they do

H

HardRightEdge

I'll have to wait for the Game Rewind to see, but looking at the play-by-play and stat sheet I have to ask...did Hawk really have a Defensive Player of the Week kind of game?

12theTruth

This defense only needs to do one more thing and that is lose J McMillian.

The D line led by Jolly has seemed to inject much enthusiasm into this team that the defense and the rest of the team seemed to lack previously. Mike Daniels is quietly becoming a stud collapsing the pocket and stoning inside runs more and more often. Then add Morgan Burnett back to the mix and you have what could potentially be a very good borderline to great defense. And we still haven't seen Casey Hayward yet! :)

Jordy Nelson scores and none other than Johnny Jolly is up to chest bump him in celebration. This team seems like a one for all and all for one mentality . I give a big credit to Jolly for his attitude and passion for this turnabout.

Last edited by a moderator:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
McMillian needs to bulk up and play WILB. He's not a Safety. Can we please draft a true FS now? A roster of SS gets run past.

12theTruth

McMillian needs to bulk up and play WILB. He's not a Safety. Can we please draft a true FS now? A roster of SS gets run past.

We have enough LB's just easier to get rid of him. I agree though free safety should be the top priority heading into next years draft.

12theTruth

Clay is overpaid after watching today's performance. He needs to give some of his mega contract back ;)

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Another 4th and 21 screw up for the Packer lowlight history books... Luckily, this one didn't result with a loss. But, McMillian just took one giant stride towards being a free agency with that play.

Also, after several mostly failed 3rd and short passing plays or carries by Franklin, they FINALLY gave the ball to Lacy, who rumbled for the 1st down. Did McCarthy accidentally call the wrong play? He must be kicking himself for calling such a silly play...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Damn, that game was a first-class b*tch to watch. It was exactly what I thought it would be ... with the exception of some MAJOR crippling injuries.

These guys are going low to keep from getting flagged and fined for helmet-to-helmet. Another rule yielding unexpected consequences.

12theTruth

Also, after several mostly failed 3rd and short passing plays or carries by Franklin, they FINALLY gave the ball to Lacy, who rumbled for the 1st down. Did McCarthy accidentally call the wrong play? He must be kicking himself for calling such a silly play...

Eventually McCarthy gets it right :)

12theTruth

Damn, that game was a first-class b*tch to watch. It was exactly what I thought it would be ... with the exception of some MAJOR crippling injuries.

These guys are going low to keep from getting flagged and fined for helmet-to-helmet. Another rule yielding unexpected consequences.

I didn't think you could lead with your helmet no matter than area targeted on opposing players body. This should be a fine whether or not it is a legal play according to NFL rules.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the feeling Lacy can go for 100yds every week. It feels so good!!! Lets keep pounding!!!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Eventually McCarthy gets it right :)
I believe there was static on the line when he radioed that play in.

I am sure it was something like, "Aaron, hey, we should throw a bomb"

But what Rodgers mistakenly heard was, "Aaron, Lacy would go downtown" so he gave him the ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts