Week 5 Preview: Packers At Falcons

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
A nice effort. I liked how you pointed out that the Packers O-line did well against a very good Broncos D unit.
I think it's great that you put emotional emphasis on the game as everyone is thinking it. I don't think it has as much impact on a game as some might think but it adds flavor to the story. Think about it, if the Packers think the Falcons are pumped, wouldn't it reason the Packer would be just as pumped? Packers lost their regular season game to the Falcons and every player on the Packers squad wanted to prove once and for all they were better. No doubt in my mind that Green Bay will be as amped to prove the playoff game against Atlanta was no fluke, rather the loss to them was.
Your analysis of the disappointment of the Falcons offense is spot on but I doubt anybody thought Atlanta would turn around on a single offensive playmaker. Well, maybe Falcons fans thought so. But you have to balance that with the Packers adding Randall Cobb. Who knew what an impact that guy would make and the Packers just sat around and he fell to our lap.
As for not seeing the same performance Aaron Rodgers had in the last game. Why would you expect anything different? I'd really like to know. Their defense didn't get a big boost like their offense did with Julio did it? Aaron Rodgers has been lights out since their last game so what makes you think he'll have an average game? He just had a four passing and two rushing touchdown game. I dunno, I think he's got some more in the tank.
I hope you don't take this as nitpicking. I think it's well written and easy to follow your flow of thought. Your belief that the Packers D will be better as the season progresses seems to be right. I feel the same way, this is a very young team.
As for your predictions I'm not going to argue. It takes big brass ones to predict, I'm not a fan of it so I salute you for doing so. I'd like to see the game play out the way you envision it.

OP
OP
PackersDraft

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
A nice effort. I liked how you pointed out that the Packers O-line did well against a very good Broncos D unit.
I think it's great that you put emotional emphasis on the game as everyone is thinking it. I don't think it has as much impact on a game as some might think but it adds flavor to the story. Think about it, if the Packers think the Falcons are pumped, wouldn't it reason the Packer would be just as pumped? Packers lost their regular season game to the Falcons and every player on the Packers squad wanted to prove once and for all they were better. No doubt in my mind that Green Bay will be as amped to prove the playoff game against Atlanta was no fluke, rather the loss to them was.
Your analysis of the disappointment of the Falcons offense is spot on but I doubt anybody thought Atlanta would turn around on a single offensive playmaker. Well, maybe Falcons fans thought so. But you have to balance that with the Packers adding Randall Cobb. Who knew what an impact that guy would make and the Packers just sat around and he fell to our lap.
As for not seeing the same performance Aaron Rodgers had in the last game. Why would you expect anything different? I'd really like to know. Their defense didn't get a big boost like their offense did with Julio did it? Aaron Rodgers has been lights out since their last game so what makes you think he'll have an average game? He just had a four passing and two rushing touchdown game. I dunno, I think he's got some more in the tank.
I hope you don't take this as nitpicking. I think it's well written and easy to follow your flow of thought. Your belief that the Packers D will be better as the season progresses seems to be right. I feel the same way, this is a very young team.
As for your predictions I'm not going to argue. It takes big brass ones to predict, I'm not a fan of it so I salute you for doing so. I'd like to see the game play out the way you envision it.
Thank you very much for your comment and opinions. I probably should have included the fact that we have Randall Cobb and Jermichael Finley in Aaron's arsenal now. Jermichael was injured both times we played the Falcons last year. It's a solid point that the Packers will be just as pumped as the Falcons, but I think Atlanta is frustrated. The Packers are 4-0 right now and I hope this doesn't get to a young team team like the Packers. Also, I didn't say Rodgers was going to have a bad or even and average game, I just said don't expect the same performance as the previous meeting. Mike Ditka said after that game that it could have been the single best performance he has ever seen. Saying that is going to happen again isn't completely out of the picture, but I just think it's more reasonable to expect him not to duplicate the performance. I appreciate the comment and feedback, and please stay tuned for more previews and recaps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts