Week 2 - Redskins

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey here's a big welcome to any visiting Redskin fans! The Skins are my 2nd favorite team and have been since the days of John Riggins :) . Here's hoping for a great game and let the best team win
Wow. We have something in common. John Riggins = Jim Taylor. Same kind of player. And who is the greatest CB to ever play the game? It's not Deion Sanders...

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live and grew up within 100 miles of Washington. I never have and will never will feel that I am obligated to be a Deadskins fan. Even when they built their new training camp just down the street from me here in Richmond,VA. I am proud of every son of VA., especially those that fought for VA. in the war for states rights(The Civil War). No one comes to my house and dictates to this son of the South. I have been a Packer fan since I was 6yrs old. I can forgive the North for their past aggressions in my state, but I will never be told what team I'm supposed to rout for.

Dude, seriously... take your Pro-Confederacy BS elsewhere.

Last edited:

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live and grew up within 100 miles of Washington. I never have and will never will feel that I am obligated to be a Deadskins fan. Even when they built their new training camp just down the street from me here in Richmond,VA. I am proud of every son of VA., especially those that fought for VA. in the war for states rights(The Civil War). No one comes to my house and dictates to this son of the South. I have been a Packer fan since I was 6yrs old. I can forgive the North for their past aggressions in my state, but I will never be told what team I'm supposed to rout for.

As someone else stated in another post, this is boarder line political. Just a friendly reminder to keep ALL discussions football related.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Stickie? Are wee doing the weekly stickied "official" thread about each game this year again, or no-go?

Could report threads to ask why not a sticky?

Sometimes it is very hard for a mod to see a post such as this...A report will be seen by the mods for sure

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think Capers will play a lot of zone coverage again? Not sure the redskins have a receiver capable of abusing it the way Boldin did. Regardless I think this is a bounce back game for the Packers, 31-14.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Think Capers will play a lot of zone coverage again? Not sure the redskins have a receiver capable of abusing it the way Boldin did. Regardless I think this is a bounce back game for the Packers, 31-14.

Oh yes they do. Leonard Hankerson is an underrated WR, with big play capability. He did some damage to the eagles in the monday night game.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Griffin appears not to be physically back 100%, but he shook some of the rust off his throwing arm against the Eagles. I wouldn't sell out the pass to protect the read again.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RGIII put on a clinic attacking the prevent defense in the 2nd half. Redskins' defense tightened up a lot in the 2nd half as well. Redskins are not pushovers.

Kerrigan91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redskins fan here in peace. (unless you ask 13 time champs, who probably will accuse me of throwing excrement on him or something)

Hoping for a clean game with no injuries on either side. Redskins got sucker-punched the first half of last week. We'll see if it was just RG3's rust or a bigger underlying issue but they played better in the 2nd half. Given the predicament they were in (short fields, turnovers) the Redskins defense I think has improved over last year, but its still bottom 1/3rd of the league. Its why I think this game will be a shootout. I think both teams front sevens are good, but both have some big issues in the secondary.

I do expect a close game. If I had to guess I'd say 34-30 Packers, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Redskins win either. They're a better team than they showed Monday night, and typically play to the level of their opponents.

Also, Pierre Garçon is very good against Zone coverage, and much more elusive when he has the ball than people give him credit for.

I think it'll be fun to watch the pass-rushers in this game. Specifically Matthews and Kerrigan.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redskins fan here in peace. (unless you ask 13 time champs, who probably will accuse me of throwing excrement on him or something)

Hoping for a clean game with no injuries on either side. Redskins got sucker-punched the first half of last week. We'll see if it was just RG3's rust or a bigger underlying issue but they played better in the 2nd half. Given the predicament they were in (short fields, turnovers) the Redskins defense I think has improved over last year, but its still bottom 1/3rd of the league. Its why I think this game will be a shootout. I think both teams front sevens are good, but both have some big issues in the secondary.

I do expect a close game. If I had to guess I'd say 34-30 Packers, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Redskins win either. They're a better team than they showed Monday night, and typically play to the level of their opponents.

Also, Pierre Garçon is very good against Zone coverage, and much more elusive when he has the ball than people give him credit for.

I think it'll be fun to watch the pass-rushers in this game. Specifically Matthews and Kerrigan.
Watch out for Orakpo, Kerrigan, and Stephen Bowen (my former next-door neighbor here in Frisco for 4 years he was a Dallas Cowboy).

http://packersinsider.com/2013/09/redskins-week-packers-must-stop-tremendous-trio-on-defense/

Anyone else here remember the last (only) time Rodgers faced Orakpo & the Redskins?
Here's a clue: Had Crosby made his last-second game-winning kick, none of it would have happened.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thinking as well....for some reason my old brain was remembering his name as Darrell Washington, but I was thinking about Green. I loved watching him play.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 D.C. cops sat next to us at Lambeau a couple of years ago when we opened the season against the skins. They couldn't have been nicer, and loved the experience at Lambeau. All teams have some a-holes as fans, like the drunks around us spilling drinks. As for this game, Packers 37 Skins 27.

12theTruth

Alright who placed a hex on my Packers? Now I see Finley has a toe injury (turf??) and may not play on Sunday! :mad:

12theTruth

Having Finley is critical as he at times demands attention from the defense in the way of their coverage schemes. Our backup TE's do not provide that kind of receiving threat. So now that defense can gear more double towards Jordy or possibly Cobb. Considering our green offensive line and they're still growing into their positions it is a horrible time for Finley to suffer an injury.

D

Dan115

Having Finley is critical as he at times demands attention from the defense in the way of their coverage schemes. Our backup TE's do not provide that kind of receiving threat. So now that defense can gear more double towards Jordy or possibly Cobb. Considering our green offensive line and they're still growing into their positions it is a horrible time for Finley to suffer an injury.

I understand he went to Minn to get treatment on his toe. Hey, 12th truce ok? GO Pack GO!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
41-38 Pack! I see no reason to think the pack D can slow the skins offense. At least the skins D is even worse and we have Rodgers! McMillian just said that he is not ready to play in this defense,
McMillian realizes there's been backlash since Sunday's loss. He asks for patience.
Outsiders don't realize how tough it is to play safety in this defense, he says.
"They've just been stuck in the mind of a safety that's been here for so long," he said. "They don't know how he did his first few years in the league. You're not going to come onto the scene. You have to work into it. I have to get a feel of the game, and as the year goes on, you get better. I'll get better quickly."
so why should we trust them? We don't have the players to play zone. You can see 3 or 4 guys WIDE open on almost any pass play last week. Kaps hardest decision last week was deciding which open guy to throw the ball to. The flats were open all game. There was a free 5yds anytime they wanted it. So do we play zone again or play man and let RGIII use his legs?

Members online

Latest posts