Week 2 - Redskins

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team can't look past the Week 1 game against the 49ers, but we can. I'm really looking forward to watching the Washington game. I like Robert Griffin and think that Shanahan has the team headed in the right direction, despite my desire to see Danny Snyder's empire crumble.

I don't think that Giffin will be hampered or limited in his running by the time we play. It will be another good test of our defense. Should be a fun game

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The team can't look past the Week 1 game against the 49ers, but we can. I'm really looking forward to watching the Washington game. I like Robert Griffin and think that Shanahan has the team headed in the right direction, despite my desire to see Danny Snyder's empire crumble.

I don't think that Giffin will be hampered or limited in his running by the time we play. It will be another good test of our defense. Should be a fun game
Are their fans as annoying as the 49ers ???? I feckin hope not :D

I

form a circle with the wagons....the Redskins are coming !

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can do what you want.
Me?
I'm a one game at a time type of guy.
I'll check in after the 9ers game.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Sorry 13, but one of the bars that I watch games at from time to time is a combo Skins/Packers pub. I know TONS of skins fans down here ( 30-40+ fans) and ALL of them, men and women, have been very cool and down to earth people. They are humble about their team and have respect for the Packers as well. I have NEVER had a single issue with any one of them, ever.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry 13, but one of the bars that I watch games at from time to time is a combo Skins/Packers pub. I know TONS of skins fans down here ( 30-40+ fans) and ALL of them, men and women, have been very cool and down to earth people. They are humble about their team and have respect for the Packers as well. I have NEVER had a single issue with any one of them, ever.
I have!! I barely escaped Fed Ex field with my life a few years ago at a Packer Redskin game. Actually I was assaulted. I'll never go back there. I've been to bars in the DC area as well and they are in your face talking **** all the time. You aren't getting a good sampling of their fans by attending one bar. You need to live in the area as many years as I have.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Well, my opinion is based off of a good enough number of people to form an opinion off of. Maybe, just maybe.....did you have a smart mouth comment towards them? Or did you brag about beating them after they had been drinking/drunk? Step back and observe the situation here.
I have been around them when they are drinking and or already drunk and they have still been good folks. Granted I was not around 50,000+ wound up fans, but these people sure gave me a good impression. So, I don't think it's fair to be so harsh unless you can tell both sides to a story. Steelers fans, Bears fans, vikes fans and Jags fans have been basically *** clowns in general. Nicest fans I have come across were of course pack fans, panthers fans, skins fans, and chargers fans....all I have personally delt with.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, my opinion is based off of a good enough number of people to form an opinion off of. Maybe, just maybe.....did you have a smart mouth comment towards them? Or did you brag about beating them after they had been drinking/drunk? Step back and observe the situation here.
I have been around them when they are drinking and or already drunk and they have still been good folks. Granted I was not around 50,000+ wound up fans, but these people sure gave me a good impression. So, I don't think it's fair to be so harsh unless you can tell both sides to a story. Steelers fans, Bears fans, vikes fans and Jags fans have been basically *** clowns in general. Nicest fans I have come across were of course pack fans, panthers fans, skins fans, and chargers fans....all I have personally delt with.
None of the above and I resent your implications. I was rooting for my team. The game was close at the end and the punk Redskin fan couldn't take it when my son and I stood up and cheered at the final. Some in their group stole my cheese head. I said they were ***** fans for the most part and I have been around more of them than you. Your small sampling doesn't mean **** to me. I've told you another side and they are *** clowns based on much more interaction with them than you have had.

btw, I disagree on Jags fan. Ran into one once and he was very nice.:)

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Not on a high horse and didn't mean to give you the wrong impression of what I meant. I just know what it's like to be the small group in a sea of sharks basically. I am sorry that you have a bad time and got your gear taken, sucks indeed. But from my personal times at actual away games and taverns and tail gate events, I have not have bad times with the groups I listed. No need to get hostile over a matter of opinion, right?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You took the matter of opinion to another level with some strong implications that I resent.

"Maybe, just maybe.....did you have a smart mouth comment towards them? Or did you brag about beating them after they had been drinking/drunk? Step back and observe the situation here."

btw I can give you many more examples of Redskin fans being ***holes. Kicking the Redskins *** is high on my wish list for the 2013 season.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
well, I have been to games where our fans were arguing or **** talking and then wanted to say the other fans were being jerks, when they had a poor opening statement or trash talked to the other team. It was a question, not meant to be any implication. It was an additional option I was asking to make sure that it wasnt a sugar coated one sided story, that was all. You took it the wrong way, maybe I wrote it wrong, either way, sorry dude. Calm down, it's friday and opening weekend !!!!

12theTruth

Never been to an opposing stadium ever. Have been to Badgers and Packers contests. I would imagine though that a person wouldn't have to make a smart comment to have someone be a **** toward them. I'm sure each team has their drunken idiots even our beloved Packers. Booing Santa Claus has to put the Eagles fans pretty far down there. I thought it was pretty special that the Raiders fans gave a standing ovation to Favre, that goes against their reputation for sure.

Even at a Wisconsin Badger game I had a small immature group of fans attempt to egg me and my buddy into a fight (and these were fans of the Badgers). I had to be restrained after some of the nasty things that were said toward me.

No matter where you go there is always going to be the potential for nastiness.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to a Redskin game at Lambeau Field. Well there weren't many Skins fans there but I remember a Packer fan thanking a Redskin fan for coming up and rooting for his team. That same fan called me a traitor by the way when he learned I was from VA and not a Redskin fan. :) Anyway the atmosphere at Lambeau is so different than what you find in stadiums particularly on the East coast. What fans get away with in Philly and Washington would not be tolerated at Lambeau Field.

I'm going to the Ravens stadium to see the Pack in October. God help me but I'll be with my son-in-law who is a Redskin fan. I don't particularly like him either. ;)

I

whoa guys, they haven`t even got here yet. Just saying. We`ve all had different experiences but WE support the best team in the NFL full stop. ;)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Yeah, the Panthers fans were really hospitable to me and the wife. They wanted to know where we were from, how we liked Charlotte and many other friendly questions. They spoke nicely about the Packers and they knew damn well who the better team was lol. We got asked to go to several different sections of the tailgate area to eat/drink beer/ and BS with Panther fans. They were indeed a classy crowd.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to a Redskin game at Lambeau Field. Well there weren't many Skins fans there but I remember a Packer fan thanking a Redskin fan for coming up and rooting for his team. That same fan called me a traitor by the way when he learned I was from VA and not a Redskin fan. :)
A Packers fan was grateful to a Redskins fan for attending a game at Lambeau to watch the Redskins?
If that's what you meant then that is a strange thing to thank someone for.

And you were called a traitor because you are rooting for a team outside your original geographical location.
Which means that you don't have the right to choose to root for whatever team you want to according to this communist thinking D-bag.

I bet if you were from, say, Seattle Washington and you made a trip all the way to FedEx field and encountered the same fan he would have welcomed you with open arms.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Packers fan was grateful to a Redskins fan for attending a game at Lambeau to watch the Redskins?
If that's what you meant then that is a strange thing to thank someone for.

I think the Packers fan was thanking him for coming all that way to root for his team. It was an appreciatory gesture.

12theTruth

Hey here's a big welcome to any visiting Redskin fans! The Skins are my 2nd favorite team and have been since the days of John Riggins :) . Here's hoping for a great game and let the best team win

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I live and grew up within 100 miles of Washington. I never have and will never will feel that I am obligated to be a Deadskins fan. Even when they built their new training camp just down the street from me here in Richmond,VA. I am proud of every son of VA., especially those that fought for VA. in the war for states rights(The Civil War). No one comes to my house and dictates to this son of the South. I have been a Packer fan since I was 6yrs old. I can forgive the North for their past aggressions in my state, but I will never be told what team I'm supposed to rout for.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

12theTruth

"in the war for states rights(The Civil War). No one comes to my house and dictates to this son of the South." " I can forgive the North for their past aggressions in my state, but I will never be told what team I'm supposed to rout for."

Skirting on a political discussion there smokey. Maybe I don't want what you're selling. Maybe you need a hand building YOUR float.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online