week 11 expert picks + article

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 people picked us. Thats shocking. They all think the pats r gonna come in and beat us at Lambeau. Lets hurt Brady's other shoulder!!!

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy crap. Some "experts" picked us to win? Against the Patriots?

Interesting stat:
Packers are 1-3 at home, 3-2 on the road
Patriots are 2-3 at home, 4-0 on the road

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stats go out the window when the game starts. I do LOVE how 3/4 of the article was about the struggling Patriots and the rest about Favre. This game will be the biggest test of the season for our defense, if not our offense as well. I just hope they show this game on National TV, and not the friggin Eagles again... I dont see a better game that would be showed at 1pm(EST) on FOX sunday than the Pats/Pack game. if they dont i just hope Trom can youtube the whole game for me =)

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read in the Dope Sheet on Packers.com that the Packers/Patriots game will be on CBS and will be shown to MOST of the country. I already know it's here.. But yeah you are right, this is defently our toughest test.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agh crap, if its on CBS than ill most likely see the Raiders...sigh...or the Ravens/Falcons game =(

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The picks are a bit misleading. Take Harmon for example. Yes, the link says that he picks GB but click on his forecast at the bottom of the page and he is actually picking NE to win 24-19. So he is picking GB to win against the spread -- which is 5.5 points.

Something to notice on the second link is that they go on about how NE is facing the last ranked passing defense this week. Some things that they missed are

1.) We have shown immense improvement the past few weeks.
2.) GB gives up an average 242 yards a game BUT NE is ranked 23rd giving up 221 yards. Not that big of a difference. Only about 200 yards total difference for the season.
3.) NE allows opposing QBs to complete 60.3 percent of their passes compared to GB allowing 57.4.
4.) NE has 2 more INTS than GB (10 to 8) but GB has sacked the opposing QB 31 times compared to NE's 22.
5.) NE is ranked 3rd in the league against the run (normal for a team that jumps out ahead and forces opponents to play catch-up.) GB ranks 7th.

I do not see as big of a difference as the "experts" would like for us to believe. Defensively, they may be a little better but, if you can shut down Dillon and Maroney and make Brady throw, I think we outmatch them in the WR department.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a shot at MM,
Coaching coud be the biggest difference, we have a first year HC, New England has probably one of the best in the business.
That being said, I still think The Pack has a better chance to win than lose Sunday.
"Time to take back Lambeau" I think that was Brett's quote a few weeks ago, a victory Sunday wil be a big step foward in that direction!!!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The picks are a bit misleading. Take Harmon for example. Yes, the link says that he picks GB but click on his forecast at the bottom of the page and he is actually picking NE to win 24-19. So he is picking GB to win against the spread -- which is 5.5 points.

Something to notice on the second link is that they go on about how NE is facing the last ranked passing defense this week. Some things that they missed are

1.) We have shown immense improvement the past few weeks.
2.) GB gives up an average 242 yards a game BUT NE is ranked 23rd giving up 221 yards. Not that big of a difference. Only about 200 yards total difference for the season.
3.) NE allows opposing QBs to complete 60.3 percent of their passes compared to GB allowing 57.4.
4.) NE has 2 more INTS than GB (10 to 8) but GB has sacked the opposing QB 31 times compared to NE's 22.
5.) NE is ranked 3rd in the league against the run (normal for a team that jumps out ahead and forces opponents to play catch-up.) GB ranks 7th.

I do not see as big of a difference as the "experts" would like for us to believe. Defensively, they may be a little better but, if you can shut down Dillon and Maroney and make Brady throw, I think we outmatch them in the WR department.

I agree. Our pass defense has improved greatly since going to the 3-3-5 in passing situations. Our LB's have seemed to become very proficient with the blitz packages out of this scheme now.

I also think Belichick has seen enough of putting more emphasis on the pass than the run. I believe he has discovered his WR's really are nothing more than mediocre.

Members online

Latest posts