We will play in the NFC Championship. Any disagreements?

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will at least have a first round bye. After that, who scares you? Seattle? Tampa Bay? Coming to Lambeau in January? I can't see a realistic situation where they won't play in the title game. It will be Green Bay and Dallas, hopefully at Lambeau. I have confidence in this team. It is great.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense can stop any NFC team.
Our offense can score on any NFC team.
Our coach is a badass who can outhink any NFC coach.

It's only a matter of hoping Brady and Moss get food poisoning before the Superbowl. lol.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can also see getting there. I know there are going to be some good teams gaining momentum into the playoff, but I feel confident that we can stand up to them enough to get into this game.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The '98 team should have been there too, but the refs blew the call on the pass to Jerry Rice (which everyone saw was incomplete).

The only thing that can stop us is the refs (like in this years home game agains the Bears).

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The '98 team should have been there too, but the refs blew the call on the pass to Jerry Rice (which everyone saw was incomplete).

The only thing that can stop us is the refs (like in this years home game agains the Bears).
I thought it was a fumble.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:

I thought it was a fumble.

lol....whatever it was the 49ers got a gift and scored that TD.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not count our chickens before the eggs are hatched.

I like our pace right now where the Packers are archiving EVERY game and looking to the VERY next.

Its like the farmer who doesn't want ALL the land in the world, just the one next to his...

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that we will be in the playoffs, andaccording to Childress in our local paper, the queens are also going to be in the playoffs. That means Detroit and Chicago also have a chance. A little tongue in cheeck here.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB v.s. Dallas in the NFC Championship sounds about right.

I am not sure if the game will be played in Lambeau though

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I like our pace right now where the Packers are archiving EVERY game and looking to the VERY next.

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? it isn't like we're the ones going out there on Sundays playing. We're fans, and us Packer fans think our team is good enough to be in the NFC championship game. And I know all of you do too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why not? it isn't like we're the ones going out there on Sundays playing. We're fans, and us Packer fans think our team is good enough to be in the NFC championship game. And I know all of you do too.

One game at a time---this way if they dont make it that far, I wont have a huge let down..

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Its like the farmer who doesn't want ALL the land in the world, just the one next to his...

Some wise words there.

One game at a time. First, we beat the Lions (and cover the spread because yours truly has money on that game).

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, I just don't get the "one game at a time" logic in respect to fans. Players, yes. MM has that taken care of.

Fans? We can talk about Super Bowl matchups and how Moss vs. Harris is gonna be amazing to watch.

Will Favre retire after this season once we win it all? :p

See, I said all that and I'm still excited and ready to watch the game on Thursday, and I'll be stressed out and praying for a win just like the last ten games. :D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Again, I just don't get the "one game at a time" logic in respect to fans. Players, yes. MM has that taken care of.

Fans? We can talk about Super Bowl matchups and how Moss vs. Harris is gonna be amazing to watch.

See, I said all that and I'm still excited and ready to watch the game on Thursday, and I'll be stressed out and praying for a win just like the last ten games. :D

Again, people are EXPECTING it to happen and if/when it doesnt, those people MIGHT have a huge let down..

For myself I dont want that feeling like I had on the 4th and 26, or the Denver SB loss, or the Minny and Atlanta HOME playoff loss

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Again, people are EXPECTING it to happen and if/when it doesnt, those people MIGHT have a huge let down..

For myself I dont want that feeling like I had on the 4th and 26, or the Denver SB loss, or the Minny and Atlanta HOME playoff loss

That's the thing though. We are at that level where we should be thinking SB victory. I don't think there's any rational argument that we're not one of the top five teams in the NFL, and that's what top 5 teams do - they shoot for it all. The rest just see how far they'll get.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see your point, ltf, but as a fan, I just can't allow myself to keep my expectations low. You gotta hope and a believe for a championship every year, and even moreso when you start out 9-1.

That's just how I view things, but I think we're the 2nd best team in the NFL right now. We can beat Indy, Pittsburgh, and definitely Dallas. Teams aren't this good very often, and I'm gonna enjoy it and hope for and expect the ultimate conclusion to an awesome season. :thumbsup:

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been years where we were good enough to get into the NFC Championship but didn't because of sloppy play in the second half.

We'll see when we get there.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I see your point, ltf, but as a fan, I just can't allow myself to keep my expectations low. You gotta hope and a believe for a championship every year, and even moreso when you start out 9-1.

That's just how I view things, but I think we're the 2nd best team in the NFL right now. We can beat Indy, Pittsburgh, and definitely Dallas. Teams aren't this good very often, and I'm gonna enjoy it and hope for and expect the ultimate conclusion to an awesome season. :thumbsup:

Wait a minute... Wasn't I the one who predicted a 16-0 season AND Superbowl even before the season started?

At the same time, taking it one game at a time makes the games more fun to watch... Look at the OTHER side of that coin. Had we been 1-9, would you have stopped cheering for the Packers to win and hope they lose so that the #1 pick would have been theirs?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts