We were better in this game than ANY game LAST year

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersnews.com:

* Green Bay is better right now than it was at any point last season. The Packers are making fewer and fewer of the boneheaded turnovers that marked the 2005 team, and the dedication to the run game is a positive philosophical move.

--Pete Barth

----------------------------------------------------

I agree. I like where the team is heading.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM may not be a loser after all :rotflmao:

Seriously this guy deserves a chance. He is doing well so far. It isn't perfect, but compare the Packers opening day to week 8.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone see MMs post game locker room speech? They showed it on fox like 10 minutes after the game.

He was giving the guys stats, like favres FIRST EVER LAMBEAU LEAP which got a good reaction.

Then he said there was good news and bad news. The bad news was they only won the turnover battle by +1....the good news is they get a victory monday, which i assume is the day off, which is common in a lot of NFL teams.

MM seems like a solid coach. I hope things work out! GO PACK!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i see marked improvement but i still want us to beat a good team.

We all want to beat a good team. We may or may not be ready for that just yet. Right now I'm glad we are beating teams we are suppose to beat. I'm glad we jumped out on the Cards very early today. I'm glad for improvement.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah lets beat the bad teams like the dolphins while we improve. lets beat the cardinals while we grow as a team. lets beat the bills while we get a winning identity.

then bring on the vikings in 2 weeks.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah lets beat the bad teams like the dolphins while we improve. lets beat the cardinals while we grow as a team. lets beat the bills while we get a winning identity.

then bring on the vikings in 2 weeks.

If we win the next two games in Buff and in Minny it'll be hard to doubt MM after that....

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really love what seems to be a more balanced attack with the emphasis of being on the run starting to pay off !!!

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait to crush those *****vikings

Skjitlest.

The Packers have done better each game, albiet against the bottom of the barrel.
Can't wait till November 12th.
Packers gonna get spanked.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM may not be a loser after all :rotflmao:

Seriously this guy deserves a chance. He is doing well so far. It isn't perfect, but compare the Packers opening day to week 8.

HOLY **** THE SEASON FLIES BY WAY TOO FAST!!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i see marked improvement but i still want us to beat a good team.

The way I judge teams is Points For vs Points Against. A good team kills a weaker team and beats other good teams. Looking back at previous Super Bowl winners, they're almost always +100 when it comes to Points For vs Points Against. Packers were +246 when we won it in '96, +172 in '66, and +123 when we won it in '67.

I was actually disappointed we didn't win this game by 21+ points.

If I were to judge this season by the end of week 9, the Bears would kill whomever represents the AFC, as nobody really is dominant in the AFC like the Bears are.

Now back on topic, yes, we're obviously better than the '05 Packers. However, isn't that selling the '06 team short? Shouldn't we have better expectations than that? I'd say let's shoot for 9-7 this year, Playoffs next year, and SB the year after that. We have the offense, but we'll need a defense.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.........I'd say let's shoot for 9-7 this year, Playoffs next year, and SB the year after that. We have the offense, but we'll need a defense.

Hmmm..... I agree with most of the first part of your statement, but this last part......Just how long do you think Favre is going to play?
When he is gone, the Packers are really going to be starting over.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
.........I'd say let's shoot for 9-7 this year, Playoffs next year, and SB the year after that. We have the offense, but we'll need a defense.

Hmmm..... I agree with most of the first part of your statement, but this last part......Just how long do you think Favre is going to play?
When he is gone, the Packers are really going to be starting over.

I was listening to the game on the radio, on the Cards station, and they were pretty bad, except one thing I agreed with them. They really thought the way Favre looked he could play until he's 40. I think we should try to squeeze two more years after this out of him. The man still loves to play, and he still has it.

We'll see though. As you know, it's always drama before each season.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have a 0.500 season or better I think Brett will return!

I think we will have a 0.5625 season

That's what I'm thinking. As long as we're showing progress. He knows he has probably three more years in him (including this one). Maybe four.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So has the vikings to do when Brad Johnson retires, so don't think you are in any better position.

Favre vs Johnson :eek:mg:

Johnson is not the Vikings, in case you haven't noticed

Favre on the other hand IS the Packers.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was listening to the game on the radio, on the Cards station, and they were pretty bad, except one thing I agreed with them. They really thought the way Favre looked he could play until he's 40. I think we should try to squeeze two more years after this out of him. The man still loves to play, and he still has it.

We'll see though. As you know, it's always drama before each season.

Yes, it should be interesting to see what Favre does next year. See how he does the of rest of this year.
Especially against New England, Seattle, Jets, Bears and Vikings

Members online

Latest posts