We should constantly run the NO HUDDLE offense.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean..why not. Not many teams do that. Some do. It is effective. It keeps the same defense on the field for the most part, and when you have a Hall of Famer behind center who knows what the defense is going to do before they know it, why not. Driver is a vet who knows what favre is up to most of the time. Ferguson isnt exactly new either. I mean, GB scored 17 points in the 4th quarter(right?) because they were moving,moving,moving. They didnt really "run the hurry up" till about 3 minutes left in the game cuz sherman is a P.O.S but when they moved moved moved..it worked. We have a very talented, high power offense, let's act like it.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be something neat to surprise a team with, but not all the time.
We'd leave too many chances for our D to be on the field, and that's probably bad. :)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think it would be one of the most intimidating things in the world if Brett Favre started running towards the line of scrimmage to run a play on your ***, ESPECIALLY after a play that just got good yards? That would ***** me if I was a defender.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should mix it up trying it every once in a while. It limits the playcalling on O, but it also limits the ability of the D to make substitutions and get different packages on the field.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think Sherman is smart enough to think of such a thing on his own...

Maybe someone should write him....(or roll over and tell him...)

-net?
-musscy?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
We should mix it up trying it every once in a while. It limits the playcalling on O, but it also limits the ability of the D to make substitutions and get different packages on the field.

i agree with that...say maybe one play every other series, make the defense respect it, and maybe we get a big gain vs. a tired defense or an offside penalty or something positive

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Well, yes and no. The coaching staff would have to be thinking 1 or 2 plays ahead and have subs ready immediately. I think it just speeds up the pace of the game and forces everyone involved to be on their toes.

Besides, Brett can handle it. He calls his own shots every now and then anyway and it usually ends up pretty good.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Running the no huddle isn't the key. It's having the urgency to score is what we need. The no huddle will be putting our defense back on the field way too often.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I don't think Sherman is smart enough to think of such a thing on his own...

Maybe someone should write him....(or roll over and tell him...)

-net?
-musscy?

WOW - Kinda early in the morning for this kind of thing, ain't it?

The problem with running the NO HUDDLE for the Packers right now, is when they're out there... and 3/4's into the game... Brett's over there doin' hand signals for exactly that.. and the listlessness by the Team is very noticable... which, of course, SUCKS to high heaven... It tells me they're more worried about just going thru the motions.. instead of intent on WINNING.... it's those little things they keep having mental errors on... which is exactly what Brett is discussing in the new article from Packers.com.

Just my take....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Make Brett call his own plays and when/if he screws up GET IN HIS FACE! Don't be so dang scared to tell the future HoF'er he screwed up. Everyone needs to be knocked down a peg here and there. I'm not meaning any disrespect to Brett, he's great, I really think he should be calling his own plays. He knows what his players can do, he knows who he trusts. This would never happen, but I still like saying it would do the Packers better off if he were. I mean c'mon he has to be better then Sherman/Rossley.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts