We REALLY Need A Running Back

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this whole thread is a joke. What we really need are some Tight Ends. This is a pass oriented league and we need some real targets for Rodgers. I'm okay with the RB thingy but they had better be able to catch a football. For the love of Pete can we get some talented targets for this QB?

We had a major epic blowup last season over the run game on the forum. people fell into 2 categories, you either thought TT needed to do anything to acquire Lynch, or you thought the run game is overrated and we should stay the course. It got pretty bad. Even in the playoffs with Lynch having 1 great run you had people trying to argue they were right based off of that.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Not sure if this thread is serious or not. I want to say no, I support the answer to no, but with these guys and Lynch last year, I just don't know. Its hard to say our run game has improved since last year since we have given up more fumbles this year but A-Rod isn't second for rushing yards so thats a plus. Just our dang O-Line needs to be healthy and creating blocks for our runners.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
We had a major epic blowup last season over the run game on the forum. people fell into 2 categories, you either thought TT needed to do anything to acquire Lynch, or you thought the run game is overrated and we should stay the course. It got pretty bad. Even in the playoffs with Lynch having 1 great run you had people trying to argue they were right based off of that.
Thanks Ivo, I was here and I was heralding a new RB in Starks. I know people like to go look at old posts and please do. I said I had confidence he'd be good. I have also been calling for him to be more involved in the passing game.
I do remember the post about Lynch's great run. I'm certain I posted there.
As for the sarcasm, I thought you'd have caught it, you know... we need more TEs and WRs.
For the record I think it's important to look into replacing some of our backups. It seems our backups are pretty close to our starters on talent but you never know, you could lose a DT or DE and have to go scrape one off the waiver wire like Howard Green.
You know, while we're at it, why not draft a coach or two? We don't seem to be able to get the best of our second and third tier players. Seriously, it's enough to be a Green Bay Packers fan but am I wrong to hope for more?

Reaction score
^
we probably should have checked if the vikes were willing to trade peterson for favre back in 08....

or at least all of their first round draft picks for the next ten years.... like really just bank rob the crap out of them dudes. :tup:

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this whole thread is a joke. What we really need are some Tight Ends. This is a pass oriented league and we need some real targets for Rodgers. I'm okay with the RB thingy but they had better be able to catch a football. For the love of Pete can we get some talented targets for this QB?

Done, TT must sign : Antonio Gates (we can wait till he heals up)
and Tony Gonzalez from 1999

RB: Emmitt Smith from 1993
Barry Sanders from 1997

WR: Jerry Rice from 1995
and let's get the best Doctors in the world to work on Sterling Sharpe and get his body back to 1992 level.

If TT can get this done, we have a "good" chance to repeat. :roflmao:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Ivo, I was here and I was heralding a new RB in Starks. I know people like to go look at old posts and please do. I said I had confidence he'd be good. I have also been calling for him to be more involved in the passing game.
I do remember the post about Lynch's great run. I'm certain I posted there.
As for the sarcasm, I thought you'd have caught it, you know... we need more TEs and WRs.
For the record I think it's important to look into replacing some of our backups. It seems our backups are pretty close to our starters on talent but you never know, you could lose a DT or DE and have to go scrape one off the waiver wire like Howard Green.
You know, while we're at it, why not draft a coach or two? We don't seem to be able to get the best of our second and third tier players. Seriously, it's enough to be a Green Bay Packers fan but am I wrong to hope for more?

I remember you from then, DD! Wild times, I've never seen such a ruckus over running backs in all my days. So this Starks guy you mentioned... :D M Lynch who?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That was the most retarded discussion ever. Thank god this thread is a joke, because I was seriously getting ready to go postal. :)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should get rid of that silly guy who runs around with the title belt. God knows how many quality running backs we could get for that one.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think we should get rid of that silly guy who runs around with the title belt. God knows how many quality running backs we could get for that one.
But then who will recommend me a bank for the Packers. AND more importantly what would the crazed fan be wearing instead of cheese in his discount double check commercial. Plus his rushing stats are pretty good with how many rushing TD's he has had.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
But then who will recommend me a bank for the Packers. AND more importantly what would the crazed fan be wearing instead of cheese in his discount double check commercial. Plus his rushing stats are pretty good with how many rushing TD's he has had.

Awwww... We can keep him. True Packer love and loyalty always win out in the end. To hell with the running backs! We got discount double check!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Further, for the love of Pete, what are we doing drafting old, washed up boxers/action movie actors as WRs?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Our offense can barely move down the field. I feel like I am watching a punting battle every week. Who else thinks we should get Marion Barber???

Our offense moves down the field just fine as shown by us being the 1 scoring offense, we don't need a new running back we need to give Grant and Starks better running situations.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
why would this be a joke?

I'm sorry, not what you said. What you said is correct. The post you responded to, was a joke.

In this thread you will find that the Packers offense would be much better if we had: Emmitt Smith, Dorsey Levens, Edgar Bennett, etc. and it went down hill from there.

Sorry for the confusion, your point was a valid one though. :tup:

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I'm sorry, not what you said. What you said is correct. The post you responded to, was a joke.

In this thread you will find that the Packers offense would be much better if we had: Emmitt Smith, Dorsey Levens, Edgar Bennett, etc. and it went down hill from there.

Sorry for the confusion, your point was a valid one though. :tup:

oh haha thank you. i'm getting sick of these stupid packers fans that complain about running backs and tight ends when were winning games!! why complain when your doing good?! people need to look at the facts #1 in the league for point scored a game come on now people

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts