We need to trade for Jared Lorenzen

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The New York Giants picked up David Carr, which means Jared Lorenzen, aka J-Load, the 285 monster can probably be picked up cheap, for like Aaron Kampman or something.*

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I mean, look at that.

Can you imagine the crazy antics J-Load and Aaron's mustache would get in to? He'd try and eat it and stuff! It should be a TV show, it practically writes itself.

*This is not a serious thread. I am bored. I hate the offseason.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE PILLSBURY THROW-BOY

we have PLENTY of cap space and money so that means we have to spend it or else we wont be good. so i say sign him TT.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still reckon Danny Glover would be a better sidekick for Aaron's 80's style..

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The New York Giants picked up David Carr, which means Jared Lorenzen, aka J-Load, the 285 monster can probably be picked up cheap, for like Aaron Kampman or something.*

I mean, look at that.

Jeez, he looks like a fullback. He must have a live arm or something to be in the league still.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kelly Holcomb is available for nothing. Maybe the Pack could trade for Brooks Bollinger. He would look a lot better in Green n Gold then he does in purple. Because, he looks like crap in purple.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I say try to talk Jake Plummer into coming to Green Bay to be our backup. The dude's not bad, and while he's probably not going to win it all for anyone, he can still win some games.

Tampa would probably let him go.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because, he looks like crap in purple.

This is one of those rare phrases that can be applied to anyone, anywhere, in any context.

Kinda like, "This guy is a real football player."

Or, "That's why you play the game!"

"He looks like crap in purple. Yes indeed, all 11 dudes on that field right now wearing purple look like crap..... And also like cross-dressers."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I say try to talk Jake Plummer into coming to Green Bay to be our backup. The dude's not bad, and while he's probably not going to win it all for anyone, he can still win some games.

I thought about that last week..

I am not sure what his salary was , but I am willing Tampa would let him go..He isnt doing anything anyways..

I think he does have the right tools just needs someone to help him develop them properly..

MM could probably get a handle on him and help him get better..

DoddPower

Reaction score
DoddPower said:

I thought about that last week..

I am not sure what his salary was , but I am willing Tampa would let him go..He isnt doing anything anyways..

I think he does have the right tools just needs someone to help him develop them properly..

MM could probably get a handle on him and help him get better..

Yeah, my dad's a Denver fan, so I saw quite a bit of him. He's above average for sure. Granted, he would need a supporting cast to ever go further then the playoff's, but I'm sure there are plenty of teams in the NFL would wouldn't mind having him.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No trading players for backup QBs. That's insane, we are not Trading Kampman.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Whale would be an instant folk hero in Green Bay, just because of his size.

On the downside, I don't think he's very good. He played against the Packers, and they were able to get to him at least a couple times because he is simply too large to avoid the rush.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Jake the fake is ever on the field for the Packers, i will root for the Bears.

Well, maybe not, but this guy can not be used as anything except a backup in case of injury. You do not go into a season saying "Were going with Jake Plummer this year". To me that means, we're throwing in the towel this year.

With bad talent, he's horrible and with very good talent, the team underacheives. His whole career has been like Rex Grossmans first couple of years.

DoddPower

Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

If Jake the fake is ever on the field for the Packers, i will root for the Bears.

Well, maybe not, but this guy can not be used as anything except a backup in case of injury. You do not go into a season saying "Were going with Jake Plummer this year". To me that means, we're throwing in the towel this year.

With bad talent, he's horrible and with very good talent, the team underacheives. His whole career has been like Rex Grossmans first couple of years.

I respectfully disagree. If you really watch the dude play, he has lots of upside. But like I said, he needs help around him. He's not a Favre that's going to win games on his own week in and week out, although Jake certainly has done that. He just has a tendency to choke on the big games, much like many try to accuse Favre of doing.

Also, this is a thread talking about back-up quarterbacks. Who said anything about him starting here? I'm talking good BACKUPS with experience. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Jake step on the field for a week or two if Aaron went down. I would feel fairly comfortable. A lot better then several other options, in my opinion.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts