We need to be like the Broncos...

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just watching NFL-AM and the block on Talib, which injured his knee, was called by the commentator as a fine, as in financial penalty type of block. Why ? Can somebody explain it to me please ?

Last edited by a moderator:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While on the subject of Sherman, I have a question for anyone who can answer it.

On his game saving play: Do you think that he intentionally batted the ball into the hands of his teammate?
Did he know what he was doing or was he just randomly batting at the ball?
Luck or skill?
If it's the latter, that is a mad talent right there.

It is mad talent. Every team practices just that. Some guys are amazing at what they can do with their bodies mid flight. Peanut Tillman from the Bears was unreal at that.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watching NFL-AM and the block on Talib, which injured his knee, was called by the commentator as a fine, as in financial penalty type of block. Why ? Can somebody explain it to me please ?

Not sure exactly what they would fine him under, but it was really an illegal play that should've been a flag. All receivers are supposed show intent to run their route. That was obviously not done by Welker. His sole objective was to set a pick so Thomas could get open. Most of the time you just try to get in his way, not take him out. Welker could clearly have got to the other side of the field by going behind Talib. He changed course at the last minute and lowered his shoulder right into him.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Not sure exactly what they would fine him under, but it was really an illegal play that should've been a flag. All receivers are supposed show intent to run their route. That was obviously not done by Welker. His sole objective was to set a pick so Thomas could get open. Most of the time you just try to get in his way, not take him out. Welker could clearly have got to the other side of the field by going behind Talib. He changed course at the last minute and lowered his shoulder right into him.

Thank you ;). I didn`t understand the big stink as it was not that obvious to me. I appreciate the explanation.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to at least put an above average defense on the field....and surround Rodgers wih weapons galore if TT keeps missing in the draft for defense.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While on the subject of Sherman, I have a question for anyone who can answer it.

On his game saving play: Do you think that he intentionally batted the ball into the hands of his teammate?
Luck or skill?
Seahawks have Tip Drill Thursday every week. There is a certain degree of luck involved in every great play.

As for the OP, I'd rather the Packers be the Packers and not try and imitate anyone.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pats incredibly horrible pass rush made the Broncos offensive line look much better than it actually is. It won't look like that against Seattle.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pats incredibly horrible pass rush made the Broncos offensive line look much better than it actually is. It won't look like that against Seattle.

They've been good all year though except 3 games really. Two against the Chargers whose coach was on the Denver staff last few years and the Colts. I'm not saying the Seahawks won't get any pressure, but I'd be shock if it's consistent at all.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Luck or skill?

Sherman said he wanted to intercept it but Crabtree pushed him at the last minute. Weather he had the presence of mind to know his teammate was there to get his batted ball I don't know. Either way he was all over that route...perfect reaction and play on the ball. Looked nice.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've been good all year though except 3 games really. Two against the Chargers whose coach was on the Denver staff last few years and the Colts. I'm not saying the Seahawks won't get any pressure, but I'd be shock if it's consistent at all.

Play calling also helps too. Moreno is a great running/receiving threat... Manning could get the ball out quick to Welker and Decker... Thomas and Thomas give Manning deep over-the-middle threats. The two week wait could give the Broncos ample time to game plan properly.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning has had all day to throw all year. It's not short passing routes. The games they lost against the chargers and colts their oline had bad games. He has a clear pocket to step into 90% of the time. Also key to their offense is the pick routes. 90% of the time he's throwing to wide open guys. The packers do the pick routes too, but not near as much as the broncos. It's great design as long it's not called.

The key to the game for the Seahawks will be making manning make real throws into tighter windows. If they can do that I think they'll win.
Agreed. I think he has taken 6 or 7 hits his entire career. His line has always been well above average, must be nice.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is mad talent. Every team practices just that. Some guys are amazing at what they can do with their bodies mid flight. Peanut Tillman from the Bears was unreal at that.
C'mon now...he broke up the pass and his safety happened to be there to pick it off. That's it.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon now...he broke up the pass and his safety happened to be there to pick it off. That's it.

I don't know how to measure the skill verses luck and how to prove it one way or another to you...but...like I said...these guys run tip drills all year long. they work on plays just like that. I'll flip the question on you....how many times did you see packers this year mistime their jump and NOT make a play that was probably easier than that one?

Members online

Latest posts