We need to be like the Broncos...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning was untouched or no sacks on him for the whole game against the Cheaters which lets him use his arm instead of relying on RBs.
Packers should be more like this with our great QB.
Shame that he didn't get more chances to throw and got taken out by because a weak O-line didn't protect him better.
So give Rodgers a much better prepared O-line and we could be a serious double threat with the run and the pass.
What do you think?

BTW: Watching the Broncs made me envious for what they have.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning gets rid of the ball fast and goes for short passing routes. Rodgers often time does not know what a short passing route is. He will hold onto the ball for eons and try to scramble his way to a big play. Manning almost never tries that.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to disagree as far as the 49ers game.

Rodgers might have been hit a few times, but most of the sacks were on nobody getting open. Three of the fours sacks actually.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
We tried that we got Saturday and look how that went. :( Really what it seems is 3 of 4 teams have been terrible not too long ago, where shaken up enough and got good draft picks. Also if we need to be like the Broncos lets have Tebow time........then again lets not.......yeah lets not.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers might have been hit a few times, but most of the sacks were on nobody getting open. Three of the fours sacks actually.
That's true.
It is a team sport after all.
I just want Rodgers to be untouched the way Manning was today.
Whatever it takes to do that would be nice for us.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Part of the reason for that is the lack of quick routes that are called by the offensive play-caller, who happens to be MM, and the inability of our receivers to out-physical the Niner DBs.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Another thing I want to add is we tried adding lineman, they kept getting hurt. OR maybe the Packers lineman feel spoiled and the Bronco's lineman cried NOT TIM TEBOW NEXT YEAR. PLEASE. In the before Manning Era and the Bronco's office heard their cries and answered with P. Manning. And they in return try EXTRA hard to please the Bronco's office so they don't have to protect Tebow again.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing I want to add is we tried adding lineman, they kept getting hurt. OR maybe the Packers lineman feel spoiled and the Bronco's lineman cried NOT TIM TEBOW NEXT YEAR. PLEASE. In the before Manning Era and the Bronco's office heard their cries and answered with P. Manning. And they in return try EXTRA hard to please the Bronco's office so they don't have to protect Tebow again.
Seems like a fair exchange.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver also had a great defense today and one that has 2 key starters out for the season. They didn't use their best player on D, Von Miller, and starting d-back Chris Harris' injuries as excuses. They just went out there and played ball. Their d-line had an attitude today and got it done.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then tell Aaron to not hold onto the ball so long and tell mike to not go for the deep ball.

Anyone that has followed peyton during his career is familiar with how bad his I line have been at times and how he still avoids getting hit.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say, or to hope that, next season this offense will be much more comfortable with itself. That is to say, I think AR was just starting to get accustomed to utilizing this newfound running game when he got injured. With an entire off-season to prepare and get ready I think this offense can be much improved and consistent. More like what the Broncos do from week to week with a relatively bad defense.

We'll see.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go home, Forget Favre. You're drunk.
Why? If you have a differing opinion/observation, let's have it.
Be constructive instead of critical.

I'm just sharing my observations and envy of how Denver got it done.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate him but I'd defend it if he was a packer. He's the defensive kaep as far as being a complete tool
Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with his final play to help his team beat the one that beat ours.
Now get off the field and ****.

With his arrogant, cocky attitude, that is making it easier for me to pull for the Broncos.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed.
Only without the loud mouth and cocky attitude of Sherman.

I think CB is the one position where it's OK to be cocky...such a difficult position to play consistently on a physical and mental basis (and the refs/league are against you too). I wouldn't mind a CB who is cocky and can back it up. I would love for Richard Sherman to be a Packer.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning gets rid of the ball fast and goes for short passing routes. Rodgers often time does not know what a short passing route is. He will hold onto the ball for eons and try to scramble his way to a big play. Manning almost never tries that.

Watching the Denver Dallas game that was the biggest difference between Romo and Manning, Manning would take the short easy route if nothing was open, Romo tries too much for the big play.

And I agree with your statement.

Richard Sherman may talk a lot of smack, but the man backs it up. He is the best corner in the game, on the best defence in the game. This super bowl should be a good one.

Reaction score
You guys seriously need to give Sherman a break. I'd take his intensity and heart over anybody we have on defense. But I know that's not saying alot judging our defense. He's a playmaker though and I'm sure Capers has wet dreams about him.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate him but I'd defend it if he was a packer. He's the defensive kaep as far as being a complete tool
I think CB is the one position where it's OK to be cocky...such a difficult position to play consistently on a physical and mental basis (and the refs/league are against you too). I wouldn't mind a CB who is cocky and can back it up. I would love for Richard Sherman to be a Packer.
Richard Sherman may talk a lot of smack, but the man backs it up. He is the best corner in the game, on the best defence in the game. This super bowl should be a good one.
You guys seriously need to give Sherman a break. I'd take his intensity and heart over anybody we have on defense. But I know that's not saying alot judging our defense. He's a playmaker though and I'm sure Capers has wet dreams about him.
While on the subject of Sherman, I have a question for anyone who can answer it.

On his game saving play: Do you think that he intentionally batted the ball into the hands of his teammate?
Did he know what he was doing or was he just randomly batting at the ball?
Luck or skill?
If it's the latter, that is a mad talent right there.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't say he intentionally batted the ball to his teamate but I believe he knew the ball was coming and made just a great play, that's what great players do. He just wanted to get a hand on it.

Skill to get the ball in the air, and luck that it landed right in his teamates hands. but being in the right place at the right time was Smith.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning has had all day to throw all year. It's not short passing routes. The games they lost against the chargers and colts their oline had bad games. He has a clear pocket to step into 90% of the time. Also key to their offense is the pick routes. 90% of the time he's throwing to wide open guys. The packers do the pick routes too, but not near as much as the broncos. It's great design as long it's not called.

The key to the game for the Seahawks will be making manning make real throws into tighter windows. If they can do that I think they'll win.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning has had all day to throw all year. It's not short passing routes. The games they lost against the chargers and colts their oline had bad games. He has a clear pocket to step into 90% of the time. Also key to their offense is the pick routes. 90% of the time he's throwing to wide open guys. The packers do the pick routes too, but not near as much as the broncos. It's great design as long it's not called.

The key to the game for the Seahawks will be making manning make real throws into tighter windows. If they can do that I think they'll win.
Thank you!
Yes!
Someone else who shares in my observations for the Broncs with a good O-line.

I dunno why I got so much disagreement.
We have the best QB with a great arm. Seems like the team should be more built around that and that he should have had better protection.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you!
Yes!
Someone else who shares in my observations for the Broncs with a good O-line.

I dunno why I got so much disagreement.
We have the best QB with a great arm. Seems like the team should be more built around that and that he should have had better protection.

I think it's just hard to find Oline talent and play is usually not too consistent there. There's a lot of guys that are pretty equal out there. Denver has a great combo this year.

I won't, however, argue that Rodgers holds on to the ball too long at times. He does. He also makes a lot of big plays from it sometimes. I think he just needs to be a little better in certain situations.

That said, I still say there's no comparison. I've watched almost all the Broncos games that didn't conflict with Packers games. The Bronco's Oline has played absolutely fantastic this year. Almost no rush on hard passing downs. Clear pocket formed and easy to step in to. Peyton only threw 1 more INT(10) than his career low even though he attempted about 100 more passes than his career average. He's also at about the same sack total even though, again, he threw 100 more passes. Peyton has never been mobile, doesn't like getting hit and has always got the ball out quick, but I think it shows in his accomplishments this year that he hasn't had to do that this year. That Oline has been by far the best pass pro unit in the league.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts