We need someone to help generate a pass rush..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I've heard different opinions; anywhere from replacing an aging Chad Clifton, to getting a quality Running Back, to finding out next Charles Woodson in the back field... but I think we need a quality defensive end to play opposite of Clay Matthews. I know Matthews is an OLB but he plays more like a DE most of the time.

Our pass rush has been awful this year, which makes it even more amazing to me that our secondary has as many picks as it does. What do you think?

Sacpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you. A few Pass rushers that are available would be Vinny Curry, Bruce Irvin, and Courtney Upshaw. They are all very productive solid players. I like to get another Defensive Lineman also.

Joed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is very suprising the Packers have that many interceptions, considering the lack of pass rush. If they can generate a good rush and force some throws it sure will go along way

Sacpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where we are picking in the first round, there is not many quality Defensive lineman. Jared Crick would be great value at where Green Bay can get him in the second round.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I would draft one and look into FA for another.

I know the Packers are not that into FA at times but there are a few good ones available this offseason.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we wanted Jared Crick we'd probably have to take him in the 1st round.
Courtney Upshaw at OLB and Whitney Mercilius are also 1st round picks, so one of those 3 should be availablle for us late in the 1st round. The line on Mercilius is that he's a poor man's Aldon Smith and doesn't have the frame to develop a power rush.

Upshaw may be the best of the 3 but he may not be there when the Packers draft.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If we wanted Jared Crick we'd probably have to take him in the 1st round.
Courtney Upshaw at OLB and Whitney Mercilius are also 1st round picks, so one of those 3 should be availablle for us late in the 1st round. The line on Mercilius is that he's a poor man's Aldon Smith and doesn't have the frame to develop a power rush.

Upshaw may be the best of the 3 but he may not be there when the Packers draft.

Mercilus (there's only one "i") broke all of Simeon Rice's single season records at U of I. Not only did he have 16 sacks, he also had something like 24 tackles for loss. That's a LOT of time spent in the other team's backfield.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mercilus (there's only one "i") broke all of Simeon Rice's single season records at U of I. Not only did he have 16 sacks, he also had something like 24 tackles for loss. That's a LOT of time spent in the other team's backfield.

Yeah true. I think my picks would be 1) Upshaw, 2) Mercilus, 3) Crick in that order. I really hope we get either Upshaw or Mercilius.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are the chances we can trade Flynn to a team for a 1st rounder and get both Upshaw and Mercilus in the 1st round? Am I just having a wet dream?
With Clay that might be overkill but I guess it's possible the Browns trade their 2nd 1st for Flynn and we draft Upshaw and maybe a 3-4 de or a corner.

Latest posts