We need Finley to be a beast.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of us have been ******* Finley including myself, and rightfully so...he's bought alot of critcism he gets on himself. With all the talking he's been doing about not getting enough balls thrown his way now may be his time to shine and earn alot of respect and possibly a bigger role in the offense.

With all this cover 2 we are seeing and will continue to see (unless we start making teams pay) this is the perfect time for him to put up monster numbers and be more involved in the offense. He has the tools to be the best tight end in the league but he's gotta get the mental part down. MM now needs to design some more plays to get him involved in the offense because now he can have a major impact on offensive production vs this cover 2 we keep seeing.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need the following to be a beast:

QB Aaron Rodgers 11
RB Cedric Benson
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
5 Alex Green 4 James Starks 2
FB John Kuhn 9 No active FB 2
WR James Jones 6 Greg Jennings
3 Randall Cobb 2
WR Jordy Nelson 10 Randall Cobb 1
TE Jermichael Finley 11
LT Marshall Newhouse 11
LG T. J. Lang 9 Evan Dietrich-Smith 2
C Jeff Saturday 11
RG Josh Sitton 11
RT Bryan Bulaga
9 T.J. Lang
LDE Ryan Pickett 9 Jerel Worthy 2
NT B. J. Raji 9 Ryan Pickett 2
RDE C. J. Wilson 10 Jerel Worthy 1
LOLB Nick Perry
6 Erik Walden 5
MLB A. J. Hawk 11
MLB D. J. Smith
6 Brad Jones 5
ROLB Clay Matthews
9 Dezman Moses 2
RCB Tramon Williams 11
LCB Sam Shields
5 Casey Hayward 5 Jarrett Bush 1
SS Charles Woodson
7 M. D. Jennings 4
FS Morgan Burnett 11
K Mason Crosby 11
P Tim Masthay 11

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need the following to be a beast:

QB Aaron Rodgers 11
RB Cedric Benson
5 Alex Green 4 James Starks 2
FB John Kuhn 9 No active FB 2
WR James Jones 6 Greg Jennings
3 Randall Cobb 2
C Jeff Saturday 11
RG Josh Sitton 11
RT Bryan Bulaga
9 T.J. Lang
LOLB Nick Perry
6 Erik Walden 5
MLB A. J. Hawk 11
MLB D. J. Smith
6 Brad Jones 5
ROLB Clay Matthews
9 Dezman Moses 2
RCB Tramon Williams 11
LCB Sam Shields
5 Casey Hayward 5 Jarrett Bush 1
SS Charles Woodson
7 M. D. Jennings 4
FS Morgan Burnett 11
K Mason Crosby 11
P Tim Masthay 11

Yea that works too.....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we could have used his beast mode awhile ago.

Im ready to integrate Crabtree into the offense and phase out mr drops.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always been a JMike proponent. But, his lack of production is getting ridiculous. I will say though. You can tell Rodgers is making a concerted effort to instill confidence in him. Right after he dropped a ball last week (predictably), Rodgers came right back to him and JMike responded with a nice nine-yard gain, mostly after breaking a tackle and bulldozing some DB. Rodgers got in his face immediately and was fired up. I thought that was great leadership! And hopefully JMike responds positively down the stretch here.

Reaction score
I agree that Masthay needs to get back into beast form. The only time we'll see Finley as a beast is when he's being interviewed or catching a pass for 5 yards and celebrating after it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel if Finley just plays an entire, solid game he would be a huge benefit. I believe he can do it.

How many seasons is it going to take for people to just accept that what they see is what he is?

Everyone seems to rest all this hope on his potential that he never seems to use. He blames Rodgers, but seems to be the only one in the offense that doesn't benefit from the MVP QB.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many seasons is it going to take for people to just accept that what they see is what he is?

Everyone seems to rest all this hope on his potential that he never seems to use. He blames Rodgers, but seems to be the only one in the offense that doesn't benefit from the MVP QB.

I agree that he's clearly developed a habit, and not just a trend, of dropping passes and being a non-factor. But, he's also only 25 years old. And as we saw in the 2009 playoff game (his best game ever) and the 2010 season before his injury, he has the talent to be an absolute force. With the way TE's are blossoming in this league, having a TE with JMike's talent is huge. The problem is that he simply hasn't lived up to it yet. Maybe he never does - and at this rate, that seems more likely. But, damn, if he does, you'd hate to have given up on him too early.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that he's clearly developed a habit, and not just a trend, of dropping passes and being a non-factor. But, he's also only 25 years old. And as we saw in the 2009 playoff game (his best game ever) and the 2010 season before his injury, he has the talent to be an absolute force. With the way TE's are blossoming in this league, having a TE with JMike's talent is huge. The problem is that he simply hasn't lived up to it yet. Maybe he never does - and at this rate, that seems more likely. But, damn, if he does, you'd hate to have given up on him too early.

1 game? I could come up with a very large list of players who have had a couple good games that absolutely suck.

As far as 2010 the offense was statistically better without him that season.

"He's only 25." And it's only 3 seasons since that great game.

I'm not worrying about if he turns out to be decent in a few years, I'm worried about if we are hurting ourselves by having him on the team.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J-Mike came up big again. Love the intensity and passion usually.
One thing I know in his favor is that Donald and Michael Irvin were demonstrative after big catches, first downs, and everyone (their fans) loved them. But Finley gets a lot of hate. IMO

Members online

Latest posts