We Need Another Finley Thread

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

damn !!! ha ha ha......I clicked the "what's new" button and his was there before yours was....???.....

lol....No, you're wrong colonel sanders !!!!

Not sure what you're saying...check the time stamps on the posts.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
why do we have so many Fin threads?

Hardright made one 30 mins before this one

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

why do we have so many Fin threads?

Hardright made one 30 mins before this one

Because Finley threads and Finley posts are like draft picks...you can't have too many of them.

Seriously, if you deleted this entire thread nobody would object.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

JerMichael Finley
a c eee h i j ll m n r y
He race my lil jen?

Anybody think they can do better?

Here's one for the haters:

In fiery hell came J.

Or dish him a double dose of hate:

Mace J in fiery hell.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
We need to ban those who have the power to ban those who want to ban those who want to ban those who make Finley threads.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Can't be a commissioner unless I confuse a few people

I saw something in passing on TV today where somebody was saying Condi Rice could be the next NFL commish. It was one of those things where you walk by the tube shaking your head. Your comment about "confusing people" made me think of that. :eek:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idea to lower Finley's cap # right now while still keeping the peace.

Offer him a 3 year, $22M extension right now with $9M guaranteed signing bonus and a $1M base this year, with a $4M base in 2014 and $8M base in 2015. That lowers his cap number to $4M this year, $7M next year and $11M the year after that. Of course, he could be cut after next season for a $6M cap hit, or $3M after June 1st or in 2015.

And if he produces, you've got him reasonably priced this year and next, and he still cashes in.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idea to lower Finley's cap # right now while still keeping the peace.

Offer him a 3 year, $22M extension right now with $9M guaranteed signing bonus and a $1M base this year, with a $4M base in 2014 and $8M base in 2015. That lowers his cap number to $4M this year, $7M next year and $11M the year after that. Of course, he could be cut after next season for a $6M cap hit, or $3M after June 1st or in 2015.

And if he produces, you've got him reasonably priced this year and next, and he still cashes in.

Yeah, I guess ...... Apparently cutting him is a bad option both for the cap hit and the possibility he wakes up and becomes a star for some other team. Just paying him that chunk of money by end of March also seems bad. So I guess this or something similar is about what it has to be. Rather than bulking him up as a more conventional TE, I'd rather see him do some training to increase his speed a little bit, and then use him a lot more in the slot or out wide - something resembling megatron. Yeah yeah, I know he ain't no megatron, but whatever - it's worth a try.