Announcement We need a logo...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I liked longtime's examples as well, so here is a little something I came up with. I'm no graphic designer, but I feel I can understand when something looks good. Let me know what you think....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
This one's pretty good.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked longtime's examples as well, so here is a little something I came up with. I'm no graphic designer, but I feel I can understand when something looks good. Let me know what you think....

Definitely not bad. Should we make the "packerforum.com" bigger?

And should we come up with a tag line?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the last one is perfect..I would make the football player smaller so it doesnt over power the name

Make the name bigger then too..

Packerforum where where fans become friends

PF when your here your in the know

Packerforum join and you never want to leave

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bravo Gerard!!!! My fave so far!!! It's simple, not a lot of ink used so if you cats were going to print with this, tee shirts somebody mentioned, I'd go with something like this. Some of the more complex designs really shouldn't be used for that, it would drive up production costs (ink!!!! eeek!!!) and thus the price of the product. People may not buy them if they are expensive. I like the complex ones for the web. Also Gerard's design would be easy to shrink or blow up, it would transfer well to various media.

I was just playing with this, I don't think it can be used, but it got my juices flowing. Still trying to go basic and simple here! Sorry!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the last one is perfect..I would make the football player smaller so it doesnt over power the name

Make the name bigger then too..

Packerforum where where fans become friends

PF when your here your in the know

Packerforum join and you never want to leave

I dunno about making the player smaller. If you do, just by a small margin, maybe reduce 20% at most. I like the overall balance and composition of the design. My eye goes right to the text, then the threads on the football, to the player. I kind of like the proportions, it works to me in comparison with the other elements of the design. Or maybe work up the text with a cool mouse over if this is going to be used to link. To me the text is good to, good balance and color harmony. Kind of muted, un-saturated.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Can you take the name and warp it under his feet, so it matches how chandler youth football is warped?

I dont know if it will look like crap or like a star..But like to see it

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tried warping it originally, but ultimately liked the straight feel better. I'll defintely try out a few other things for you though, when I get a chance. Probably won't be til at least after the Pack beats the Queens Sunday Night...

Can you take the name and warp it under his feet, so it matches how chandler youth football is warped?

I dont know if it will look like crap or like a star..But like to see it

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright, so I was having trouble sleeping, so I made some updates to stuff that was bothering me. I changed the spacing on the text, made it larger, and added gradiants on the text and threads to make the colors pop a little better. I noticed you were trying to think of slogans, so I also added a spot for that. My slogan is nothing definite, just a placeholder (unless you love it haha).

Unfortunately I could not get a curve that I thought looked good longtime, so I think I'll stick with this...

NOTE: I think "Forum of Champions" might sound better, but I don't feel like re-uploading everything right. Thanks for all the kind words I've already received and let me know what you think...

EDIT: I just read that you were thinking of putting this on shirts and stickers, if that's the case it might be better for me to drop the shadow and outline on the player silhouette. Here is what that looks like...and honestly, I'm kind of feeling this one.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm feelin the 2nd option in post #33, Gerald! I like it better without the shadow, (yellow outline). That shadow might work depending on the color of the tee but it's always good to have a copy without it too! Logo would look good on green, gold, or white background. Maybe black too..... You have my rose! :give_rose:

For a non designer you are pretty darn good! You have good instincts and respect for composition. You may want to consider furthering this, even if just for a hobby!

I'm not much of a logo person, myself, I know what I like in one but I'm not all that great in designing it. I think I'll stick to my posters and promo events! The few I came up with are not even worthy of posting! Sorries, LOL! Logos are what Gerards are for!!! :happy0005:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Alright, so I was having trouble sleeping, so I made some updates to stuff that was bothering me. I changed the spacing on the text, made it larger, and added gradiants on the text and threads to make the colors pop a little better. I noticed you were trying to think of slogans, so I also added a spot for that. My slogan is nothing definite, just a placeholder (unless you love it haha).

Unfortunately I could not get a curve that I thought looked good longtime, so I think I'll stick with this...

NOTE: I think "Forum of Champions" might sound better, but I don't feel like re-uploading everything right. Thanks for all the kind words I've already received and let me know what you think...

EDIT: I just read that you were thinking of putting this on shirts and stickers, if that's the case it might be better for me to drop the shadow and outline on the player silhouette. Here is what that looks like...and honestly, I'm kind of feeling this one.

These.

Can we keep the G somewhere though? I like it. I just feel like it needs to be there.

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These.

Can we keep the G somewhere though? I like it. I just feel like it needs to be there.

Well. I think robdog's main reasoning for not wanting the "G" is that he wanted to make shirts/stickers which can get you in trouble with the league if you are using trademark/copyrighted logos...

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
So is there an offical logo yet? Will we get stickers or soemthing so i can put em on stop signs and light poles lmao.. jk.. but hows the logo and stuff going?

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't really dug back into this thread in a little while. However, I am going to be checking through it again this week and putting together some comments.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a great logo would have to Include players stepping up this year...Like Matthews Sac Celebration when he goes all predator style...Rodgers holding his hand up after a score....McCarthy W/ his fist pound locked and loaded....Zombo getting a Sack....Cullen Jenkins playing w/ a Club on his hand....Nick Collins making the crazy looking pick on FavreIf you can capture a montage of this, then you're very talented & got the tools to do so

Bomber

Clueless but Luvin It
Reaction score
Cherry St

I took the following paragraph from the Birth of a Team section in the Packers website:

"On Aug. 11, 1919, a score or more husky young athletes, called together by Curly Lambeau and George Calhoun, gathered in the dingy editorial room of the old Green Bay Press-Gazette building on Cherry Street and organized a football team. They didn't know it, but that was the beginning of the incredible saga of the Green Bay Packers."

In tribute to the location we were founded I was thinking something along the lines of this (apologies for the crudeness - I did it with ms paint):

Attachments

• cherry1.jpg
    cherry1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 333

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I took the following paragraph from the Birth of a Team section in the Packers website:

"On Aug. 11, 1919, a score or more husky young athletes, called together by Curly Lambeau and George Calhoun, gathered in the dingy editorial room of the old Green Bay Press-Gazette building on Cherry Street and organized a football team. They didn't know it, but that was the beginning of the incredible saga of the Green Bay Packers."

In tribute to the location we were founded I was thinking something along the lines of this (apologies for the crudeness - I did it with ms paint):

That's not bad at all for Microsoft Paint, bro! I like the history behind it, something not everybody would know but would alas, spark curiosity and interest. I'm rather feelin it!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Motto ideas, maybe I can help with that, I like to write and I'm not the best at logo design.

"Packerforum.com, where heart, soul and football intertwine"

"Packerforum.com, We bleed green and gold"

"Packerforum.com, Packer Nation 24/7"

"Packerforum.com, Your Football Family"

"Packerforum.com, Faith. Family. Packers"

Members online

Latest posts