We hire our coach MONDAY, Jan 9th - announcement Jan 10th

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: We hire our coach MONDAY, Jan 9th - announcement Jan 10t

Pack66,

I'm going to put this into terms you can understand: why isn't Bart Starr still the QB? Or don't people lose effectiveness and retire?

29 interceptions means you are losing effectiveness. Almost everyone in the civilized world is sensing Brett should hang it before he embarrasses himself.

No, I don't like to support losers. But having Favre hang around throwing interceptions is no improvement over Aaron Rodgers throwing interceptions. Five years from now, it pays benefits when Brett certainly is gone.

It's time to wake up and realize that TT has determined he has to turn over the roster to win, and that might include Favre. As you know, I didn't disapprove of what was happening with Mike Sherman at the helm, but since the Packers have determined this is in the best interest, longterm, of the Packers, I will support them.

I find your adoration of Favre odd, since Favre thought much of Mike Sherman's offense(and Mike Sherman). Of course, to you Mike Sherman was the worst coach that ever walked the Green Bay sidelines. There was a correlation between Sherman, Rossley, Favre and success you covet. Yet you whine everytime it looks like Favre won't be at the helm.

Time has come to get a grip on reality and not the past.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sentimentality gets you defeated.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

net said:
Pack66,

I'm going to put this into terms you can understand: why isn't Bart Starr still the QB? Or don't people lose effectiveness and retire?

Net, i must apologize. I did not read all of your post. I only read the above portion.

Are you saying Brett favre isnt effective? Because last i checked(and read, and heard, which im sure will be questioned) his arm strength was great, his accuracy was the same, and his body hasnt felt better due to Core training. He has said his body isnt breaking down(like marino) so...I dont understand your post. Effectiveness sure isnt a reason for retirement. Maybe in his mind, because hes a proud guy.

Im gonna go read the rest of your post now.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My post is merely a sobering message for some of you. Brett still has his moments, when he plays within the game plan and doesn't try to win the damn game by himself. But how many times did you see him run for a first down? He used to do that all the time a few years ago.

He simply throws too many turnovers, either via pass or fumble. You can't ignore the mistakes just because it's Brett.

Also, I'm buying into the Ted Thompson theory that it isn't in the Packers interest to let Favre hold the franchise hostage while he decides if he wants to play or not. If you want to play, then say "yes" and get ready.
If not, say so, so the team can go on.

It is a bit arrogant by Brett to hold many people hostage while he "makes up his mind".

I don't dislike Brett, I simply dislike hero worship when there's more to consider.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree Trom effectiveness cannot be labeled on one factor INT just like it cannot be attributed to TDs. If Favre retires it has to be due to the fact he is still healthy. Sames goes for if he comes back.

Qbs live and die by the other skill posistions in the NFL. No running game equals more passes more passes equals a greater likely hood of mistakes. No quality Wideouts equals teams doubling and triple covering your guys. Look at the games this year teams could leave three and four man fronts and play the pass all day long. Gado was starting to make defenses play against him and was opening up play action. But when teams know you have no ground attack they can tee off on the pass over 50 % of Bretts INTs were tip balls 25% were reciever not making a play on the ball or poor route running and the rest were just bone headed Brett mistakes that he does every year.

They are still his picks but they are correctable.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score

net said:
My post is merely a sobering message for some of you. Brett still has his moments, when he plays within the game plan and doesn't try to win the damn game by himself. But how many times did you see him run for a first down? He used to do that all the time a few years ago.

He simply throws too many turnovers, either via pass or fumble. You can't ignore the mistakes just because it's Brett.

Also, I'm buying into the Ted Thompson theory that it isn't in the Packers interest to let Favre hold the franchise hostage while he decides if he wants to play or not. If you want to play, then say "yes" and get ready.
If not, say so, so the team can go on.

It is a bit arrogant by Brett to hold many people hostage while he "makes up his mind".

I don't dislike Brett, I simply dislike hero worship when there's more to consider.

Net I do not think anyone truly believes that Brett is bullet proof or beyond reproach here I sure dont. He has made his share of stupid throws and poor decisions.

You are wrong about him running Bretts Rushing stats dont bear that out. He has actually been more likely to scramble the last two years than anyother. But like anyone at 36 years old does not relish the idea of being smaked in the mouth by a 300 lbd lineman. Remeber they are just rumbling bumbling fat head but tend to be somewhat atheltic with thier wieght.

I have always believed that Brett has been Brett and his propensities were just magnified this year with out the skill positions to help him

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

net...Favre doesn't have to tell TT ****. He is under contract...he can wait until each minicamp and training camp to decide. If TT doesn't like it , cut him. We all know he doesn't have the balls. I take back what I said in support of you. You do hate Brett. BTW...try a little hero-worshipping...it might loosen up that perverbial stick up your ***.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
We all know he doesn't have the balls.

the man said, "**** you, sherman, you're gone" yet he has no balls. He cut multiple people from the team in a seemingly heartless manner, but he has no balls? Has the whole WORLD GONE CRAZY!

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Personally, I'll be happy if Favre returns but my life won't be ruined if he doesn't.

I just can't wait for the day when every single thread in every single discussion website on the internet doesn't come back to the same old argument on whether you love Brett Favre or not.

I mean sure, there's times I think the groundskeepers at Lambeau could be doing a better job of field preparation. But I don't think they're doing it on purspose just so that Brett gets mad enough to retire!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lare said:
I mean sure, there's times I think the groundskeepers at Lambeau could be doing a better job of field preparation. But I don't think they're doing it on purspose just so that Brett gets mad enough to retire!
LOL Amen, amen!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

You see DePack..i told you so..pure hatred...

Plus net..you shouldn't be spreading false rumors (or lies) about Favre losing his skills...

I'd believe Holmgren and Aikman and Steve Young..and about a dozen other analysts who have actually played in the nfl about Brett Favre still having all of his abilities..before I would believe you. They all say that Favre still has it and could start for all but maybe 3 teams in the NFL...He just doesn't have **** for talent surrounding him...(and coaching)..THAT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT FAVRE...

Funny how you never seem to mention that though....

How the hell are you supposed to be successful as a QB in the NFL with NO running game...and subar to ****** receivers? Tell me that...net...

I don't know..maybe Favre shot your dog..or ran over your cat with his pickup or something, but it seems like you have a personal grudge against the man when you so willing to throw out the baby with the bath water and bring back the Packers (along with TT) to the Age of Suck (like the '70's...) by claiming that Favre has lost it...

and to you people who think that TT may be trying to run Favre out of town by not signing FA's..and by scrapping the Packers and signing a million rookies...i tell you...it's been done before in San Francisco..Dallas..and a few other places around the NFL....

so wise up....

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When I saw the interview schedule I thought it was interesting that the guy who was probably most accessible to TT (i.e. Bates) was last on the schedule. This would indicate to me that Bates is the front runner in TT's mind. He is going to interview everybody else before Bates to confirm his choice and then go with him. The most interesting decision might be who Bates picks for his OC.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

GBnative said:
When I saw the interview schedule I thought it was interesting that the guy who was probably most accessible to TT (i.e. Bates) was last on the schedule. This would indicate to me that Bates is the front runner in TT's mind. He is going to interview everybody else before Bates to confirm his choice and then go with him. The most interesting decision might be who Bates picks for his OC.

I think it's Bates job to lose. It's been documented that TT and Bates spoke privately then set up their interview. I've also heard that TT plans to announce his new HC days after the Thursday interview with Bates.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i swore the meeting was monday

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

tromadz said:
i swore the meeting was monday

• Packers defensive coordinator Jim Bates next Thursday.

That's for the interview, the private convo was probably last monday.

Reaction score

Bates interveiws this thursday. Apparently, monday was the day that TT talked with Bates about the vacancy.

I have no clue what the difference is between the two. But it looks like as of now, Bates is the last guy scheduled for an interview.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Monday has passed, and still no announcement yet. tick tick tick.......

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i also felt from the beginning that it was Bates job to lose. seemed to me that TT wanted to see what the other guys had to see & then hear if Bates was as good, worse, or better.

**pacing a hole in her floor, clock is ticking...**

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

IT"S TUESDAY THE 10TH! Did I miss the announcement?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really hope they announce it today and my timetable proved correct, but it doesnt look likely. But i like bates being interviewed now.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I believe Bates will be named HC. We don't have to give up any Picks for this guy and he knows Teddy already plus he's a proving coach, considering the job he did with our same personell on D that Slowick had minus a Prow Bowler. I believe last year when he was hired, many on the old forum predicted that he would be HC this year. None of the other candidates were better than what we had.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

wait a minute. If they have a private meeting monday, and then they bumped his official interview of head coachness to tuesday, that(to me) can only mean, they are ironing this thing out, and we got ourselves a head coach.

ILOVETHEPACK

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
wait a minute. If they have a private meeting monday, and then they bumped his official interview of head coachness to tuesday, that(to me) can only mean, they are ironing this thing out, and we got ourselves a head coach.
I pray that you are all correct and that will be the case, I would love to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Still no announcement of head coach, and it is the 11th. Maybe later today.

Members online

Latest posts