WE HAD A GREAT DRAFT!

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t know if I am to optimistic, but I see the packers going somewhere 2006. Maybe not the super bowl, but definitely a solid team. Our defense is now solid. We have a good secondary with
woodson/manuel/Collins/harris

Then we have a great LB’s and D-line. Our defense is definitely a step above last years. Our biggest weakness last year on D was the run game and we should have that covered with pickett and solid LB’s.

As far as our offense goes. I really think we have talent that is going to get proven this year. Our receivers may not have the best stats in the world but they do have potential, and with BF throwing, their potential should be exploited. For example rod gardner, they guy has never really been amazing in the NFL, but you have to remember this is a former 1st round pick. He went 15th in the draft. You don’t go 15th in a draft if you are no good. So maybe we don’t have someone with TO’s talent but we do have talent. Our running game is solid as long as we can stay injury free. Either way we have depth in our running backs. Our line may not be an A right now, but we have players there that are really starting to develop. Not to mention our new acquired O-linemen in the second round. The reason I see great improvement in our line game is because of our new system of zone blocking. It is a system that has proven to be effective and we have the people to put it in place.

Overall, TT did a great job in this draft I feel he really met the needs of the team. I'm looking forward to a great season.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado35 said:
I don’t know if I am to optimistic, but I see the packers going somewhere 2006. Maybe not the super bowl, but definitely a solid team. Our defense is now solid. We have a good secondary with
woodson/manuel/Collins/harris

Then we have a great LB’s and D-line. Our defense is definitely a step above last years. Our biggest weakness last year on D was the run game and we should have that covered with pickett and solid LB’s.

As far as our offense goes. I really think we have talent that is going to get proven this year. Our receivers may not have the best stats in the world but they do have potential, and with BF throwing, their potential should be exploited. For example rod gardner, they guy has never really been amazing in the NFL, but you have to remember this is a former 1st round pick. He went 15th in the draft. You don’t go 15th in a draft if you are no good. So maybe we don’t have someone with TO’s talent but we do have talent. Our running game is solid as long as we can stay injury free. Either way we have depth in our running backs. Our line may not be an A right now, but we have players there that are really starting to develop. Not to mention our new acquired O-linemen in the second round. The reason I see great improvement in our line game is because of our new system of zone blocking. It is a system that has proven to be effective and we have the people to put it in place.

Overall, TT did a great job in this draft I feel he really met the needs of the team. I'm looking forward to a great season.

I TOTALLY agree with this !

Fizz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers had the best draft in the NFL! Thompson is a screwd operator!

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MinnesotaSucks said:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9409030

Every thing this article says is what I've been saying since the draft was over.
GO PACKERS!

Your anti Flubber/Blubber sentiment is well taken. No gibberish here!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben Taylor would have the edge right now, especially if they are thinking of making Hodge a OLB, because he has more experience and I don't think Hodge has played OLB at all. Hodge will become a better player pretty quickly.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hodge vs Taylor vs Poppinga is a problem I LIKE to have.

Beats giving paris lenon the job(although lenon tried his best, and had his moments)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well put trom...lenon did what he could, but now we're back to the mid 90s where we're cutting people that will truly deserve a roster spot! Man am I pumped for the LBS!!!!!!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taylor will be starting come September. Hodge is almost locked into playing the MLB and he definitely won't beat out Barnett. Taylor is a solid guy and I am anxious to see how he fits into this new aggressive defense that GB should have. Hodge will probably be a special teamer and a backup for a year or two.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really believe that TT is building this team th right way. With a solid/great defense and a good offense. I believe we have a SB in our near future

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
I really believe that TT is building this team th right way. With a solid/great defense and a good offense. I believe we have a SB in our near future

i agree with you mr. oak creeker (former bayview guy here ;))... ask me a week ago or even right after the first day of the draft and i would have had a lot of complaints but after letting it soak in for awhile, i can definitely see TT's vision and think it's a great direction.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus a great thing is he is drafting not just athletes but people. Our average wonderlic score was 24.8 and all of the players had at least 3 years under their belt.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Plus a great thing is he is drafting not just athletes but people. Our average wonderlic score was 24.8 and all of the players had at least 3 years under their belt.

Thats a very underrated point.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably should have used 36 and 37 picks in the second instead of trading down

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
rundemc said:
probably should have used 36 and 37 picks in the second instead of trading down

or get jennings and Hodge
i think the pick they used on hodge was their own pick
i would have taken chad jackson and jimmy williams instead of trading down

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah take a chance on a guy that is known to be quite possibly insane (jimmy williams) and a guy that has started one year of college and didn't produce that well (chad jackson)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jimmy williams may be insane....but that kid is a shut down corner. i would have gladly taken him. but im also very happy we got what we did... i think jennings is an awesome signing and abdul hodge also

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts