We got Two of the Best Rookies :

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Sports Illustrated :

Greg Jennings
WR, Packers

He led the NFL with 328 receiving yards this preseason and was named the Packers' starter against the Bears this week. Green Bay's coaching staff can't believe how quickly the second-round pick out of Western Michigan is developing.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

A.J. Hawk
LB, Packers

Hawk should rack up a lot of tackles for the Packers this year; if he doesn't, they're in big trouble. Hawk's only shortcoming is his lack of flashiness, which could make it difficult for him to move up this list.

Well Gents, it's time to see if SI was as right about these picks as the confidence many of us here have in them. GO PACK GO !!!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
According to Sports Illustrated

Greg Jennings
WR, Packers

He led the NFL with 328 receiving yards this preseason and was named the Packers' starter against the Bears this week. Green Bay's coaching staff can't believe how quickly the second-round pick out of Western Michigan is developing.

A.J. Hawk
LB, Packers

Hawk should rack up a lot of tackles for the Packers this year; if he doesn't, they're in big trouble. Hawk's only shortcoming is his lack of flashiness, which could make it difficult for him to move up this list.

Well Gents, it's time to see if SI was as right about these picks as the confidence many of us here have in them. GO PACK GO !!!
Winnipeg

Hopefully we can add Moll and Spitz to that list by mid season.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that Sports Illustrated and all of the other sports magazines and newspaper writers were just a bunch of idiots?

Or is that just for when they say something negative about the Packers?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
I thought that Sports Illustrated and all of the other sports magazines and newspaper writers were just a bunch of idiots?

Phil

I only pick on the ESPN guys. When you hire guys like Sniffy Irvin as a commentator (the man cannot speak clearly), and make Joe Theisenman your top guy on Monday night football, your credibility is in question.

I understand your comment though. Some of us have probably defended TT too much. When you have a season like last year, it is only natural that the press rips you! I feel we had a good draft, and the free agents on defense should contribute. I guess we will start finding out Sunday what we have.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Winnipeg

Hopefully we can add Moll and Spitz to that list by mid season".

Sounds good to me DakotaT !!!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Philtration said:

Phil

I only pick on the ESPN guys. When you hire guys like Sniffy Irvin as a commentator (the man cannot speak clearly), and make Joe Theisenman your top guy on Monday night football, your credibility is in question.

I understand your comment though. Some of us have probably defended TT too much. When you have a season like last year, it is only natural that the press rips you! I feel we had a good draft, and the free agents on defense should contribute. I guess we will start finding out Sunday what we have.

I agree.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
an excellent response, dakota. no name calling involved, valid reasons behind your point...i'm so proud! :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Thought Phil left?

Welcome back? :)

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the two rookies get ROY.

This means squat, but Hawk was ROY on D, Jennings was ROY on O in my Madden season :) Then Brett freakin retired! Now I'm 'stuck' using Rodgers.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to see that Jennings and hawk are live up to hype (so far) I'm hoping to see Hawk get atleast 60+ tackles and Jennings (if he stays #2) atleasts 700+ (driver geting 1000+)

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I think AJ would of been picked by many outsiders it's good to see Jennings getting recognition. I was wondering if we were the only ones knowing about his potential

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think spitz and moll will be fine they seemed to improve already,they did give it up at first but at the end it seemed they stepped up hawk is going to be on fire jennings too i think it is a win on sunday :D

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tell you one that no one is talkling about is Abdul Hodge. I think he is a steal for you guys. I was praying the Vikes would take him. you guys need to find a place for him he is a player!!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I waas just going to make that point, tark. But I think the list is only for rookies who will be starters this year.

Getting Hodge in the 3rd was, for me, as or more exciting than Hawk at #5, because it was so unexpected...thought he would be gone in Rd. 2. My guess is that he starts next year, because Ol' Samurai is going to want to break the bank. I do think Barnett is a quality player, but terribly overrated by some fans and pundits. He never hits paydirt on the blitz, and there is little to no impact when he hits....he more or less grabs a guy and drapes himself on the guy until he goes down...usually after gaining a few yards. Plus, he overpersues with regularity and has been the primary cause of some big runs. That said, his tackle numbers are up there.\

But bottom line, I was very turned off by his response to possibly moving to SAM. It was all about Nick, with no consideration as to what might be best for the team.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only problem for guys like Moll and Spitz it's hard for O-lineman to get attention especially as rookies. They only get niticed if they do something wrong. Seems the only way O-lineman get their due is when they put in at least 5 good years of service. Not to worry at least Packer fans will appreciate them if they come through

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Frankly I hate SI and I do think there a bunch of idiots. Peter King is the only writer I like from there. This could be a bad omen. :-?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect Hawk and Jennings to have a big impact this year. But, IMO, of just as much importance is the success of Spitz and Moll. They are the key to our attack, both in pass protection and run blocking. If they don't get the job done we'll be stuck in low gear all year. We really have no one to replace them unless Palmer can step in, and that's asking a lot at this point. And DAMN!! I wish Hodge could be in the starting unit. But we're blessed with Barnett, Poppinga, and Taylor too. The competition should be fierce back there. Hodge WILL be heard from, IMO, but it can't be soon enough for me. I'm glad he's under contract for 4 years, not the 3 he wanted.

Members online

Latest posts