We can clinch top seed tomorrow night.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Ben looks terrible tonight to me. Looks like the Saints may have to settle for that extra playoff game after all.....

However now the Pack have to win another game. No time to rest up yet.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I guess not.......*sigh*

Ben was the suckage tonight. My God. Maybe he should have sat out the game.

Well, sorry Saints. If they stay at #3 then playing the Niners can take a physical toll on you too. They have to pray now the Seahawks pull off an upset this weekend now.

Also for the Saints this would be a lot of traveling if they got to the NFCCG.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big Ben laid an egg. I wonder why they didn't just sit him. Lord!

*Merged another thread on the same topic into this already existing one just in case anyone was wondering or lost.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
No guarantees the Saints win in the Wild Card round either, especially if the Lions get on a good streak.

I'd welcome having to play the Cowgirls up here for the first game if it went that way.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Niners D is good. Really really good. There is no reason why that team still can't make it to the title game either.

Ben is hurt but still.....that Niners D is excellent. It might be the best in the league when they are at home.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
After this butt kicking the 9ers put on the Steelers does it matter who gets #2 or #3?. 9ers have a great D.

I guess most are scared of Brees and the Saints offense. But, if they stay at #3 then this puts a lot more traveling on them.A physical opening game vs. the Lions D and then a trip to Cali against this Niners D. And then if they win that back home and then to GB.

In 2006 it made a huge difference who had homefield and I think it determined the Super Bowl winner. The Colts and Pats both finished 12-4 but Indy had the tiebreaker. Pats had to beat the Jets go across the country to SD and win. Then go back home and then to Indy where I felt they finally ran out of gas in the second half of the AFCCG.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are teams allowed to swap entire defenses for draft picks?

What would it take to acquire the 49ers defense?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Man I would LOVE to see the Saints O vs. the Niners D in the divisional round with Romo headed to Green Bay. Great stuff.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners physicalness, and Alden Smith, could pose big problems for us.
We've made edge rushers on that side look great all year, Alden Smith is as good as Pierre-Paul, Von Miller, Tamba Hali.....

We need Clifton back.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Well I'm suddenly just a tad bit nervous.

Newhouse flat out SUCKED Sunday, he got maybe one push against Hali before watching the man run around him and charge Rodgers.

Now with Bulaga out again this team is vulnerable. Peppers is going to give Newhouse problems all day and our right side is suddenly wide open as well. Add EDS to the equation and we've got ourselves a very porous O-Line and Rodgers is going to be spending more time on his back than Pippy does.

Barring a Niners loss the next two games the best chance this team has of securing home field is Sunday against the Bears because the Lions will be coming in guns blazing and without Bulaga and some help on the left this team has taken a step backward.

By no means am I thinking the sky is falling but...

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Niners lose to the Steelers tomorrow then we have clinched the number 1 seed.

Which then proposes the question.
Do we rest our players going into the playoffs?

In which case against the Bears? Id like to see Rodgers get rested, especially after the O-line being banged up like it is atm.

As far as the Lions go. I think it depends on whether or not we can eliminate them from playoffs.

On the bright side of this loss, atleast it can show the guys that they can be beat and be shown the formula to do so. Therefore have something to work with.

Id much rather lose in the regular season than in the playoffs.
Neener neener neener... nanny nanny boo boo!!
SMOKED 'EM!!! :p

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The niners win has it's upside. Saints who I still believe is the real threat to us now may have to go through SF. That won't be easy for them. We'll take care of that home field thing this week.

OP
OP
Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really dont think it matters who we face, we know we are going to be in the Championship game so it doesn't bother me who is going to be facing us.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Niners physicalness, and Alden Smith, could pose big problems for us.
We've made edge rushers on that side look great all year, Alden Smith is as good as Pierre-Paul, Von Miller, Tamba Hali.....

We need Clifton back.

I agree. Everyone has been worried about the high powered offensive teams but I still think the Packers at home can likely out score anyone.

The Niners are a team who has a defense that can do some damage. They may struggle to score TDs themselves though which is the plus side.

I still don't believe if the Saints go to SF that it's the slam dunk everyone feels.

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was old with the fact that the Saints and the 9ers would fight it out for the #2 seed but now I'm mad. I just read they don't think the Packers deserve the #1 seed. I hope both lose this week and next.

Members online

Latest posts