We are playing in NY week 1

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Face it, it's fact. And the Super Bowl winners' opening day unbeaten streak is over. There will be a sweet, sweet ***-whoopin handed out Thursday night week 1, and I can't wait. The better team will execute this time, and pick up where we left off before the self-destruction. I see more determination and fire coming next year than ever before, and the world will see week 1. Rodgers will win back to back MVPs, and the Giants will not win their division.

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Face it, it's fact. And the Super Bowl winners' opening day unbeaten streak is over. There will be a sweet, sweet ***-whoopin handed out Thursday night week 1, and I can't wait. The better team will execute this time, and pick up where we left off before the self-destruction. I see more determination and fire coming next year than ever before, and the world will see week 1. Rodgers will win back to back MVPs, and the Giants will not win their division.

Your delusional to be so sure -- NYG almost beat you twice this year, and NYG will be even stronger next year with D players back from injury (Goff, Thomas, etc.) Plus you'll need a defense to compete next year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Your delusional to be so sure -- NYG almost beat you twice this year, and NYG will be even stronger next year with D players back from injury (Goff, Thomas, etc.) Plus you'll need a defense to compete next year.

Let a fan have hope on his own forum eh?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Have the last two seasons not taught ya'll anything?! It's the team playing the best toward the end of the season that has the best shot at a title! The Packers cannot exact revenge for the playoff loss by beating the Giants on opening day, 2012. They exact their "revenge" by winning Super Bowl 47 and if they do, it won't matter what the week one outcome was or whether or not they beat the Giants in the playoffs.

For an older example: In week 2 of the 2007 season the Packers went to New Jersey and spanked the Giants 35-13.

OP
OP
PackMan13x

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about "revenge" week 1, 2, or any week. I care about and fully expect to enter next season hungrier than any team in the league from week 1 until Super Bowl XLVII. If we lose a few, we lose a few, all I am saying is I expect a chip on the MVP's shoulder all year, causing everyone else to carry that same fire inside, and great results in return. How could anyone expect any less? The D can only get better and we all know the O will probably keep improving, as scary as that may be to the rest of the league.

In reality, if #36 comes back (god I hope so, I feel terrible for him) and we add a little push up front we are Super Bowl favorites again, if we aren't already. I wouldn't count Tramon and Shields out yet, they are both still young and talented. If Wood moves to safety, Nick returns, and Sam/Tramon play to their abilities, all we need is a little push to vastly improve on D.

Throw great leadership, heart, and fire in a pot, stir it up....and we have a 2x NFL and 2x SB MVP on our hands. Can't wait.

I have shed blood, sweat and tears with my team for over 30 years, through thick and thin. If you expect me to expect anything less than greatness from this franchise, you may not understand what it's like to be a fan of such a franchise for an entire lifetime. I buried my father with his Packer hat, jersey and blanket (age 49, diabetes). Most probably wouldn't understand but when I wake up on Sundays and prepare for the game, there's still a strong connection that we have that I don't get from ANYTHING else. I will never miss a game, and I will always believe in our chances.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
cheesehead1285,

You begin by posting the Packers will deliver an ***-whoopin vs. the Giants to open the season and in your next post write "if we lose a few, we lose a few…" Not a big deal but that seems somewhat contradictory. You seem to be responding to my post ("I don't care about 'revenge'…") but you also seem to be responding to points I didn't make. I was a Packers fan (albeit a young one) before Lombardi arrived and was a fanatical one even in the '70s and '80s. And BTW if shedding blood is part of your Packer fandom, you're doing something wrong… ;)

D

Dan115

I don't care about "revenge" week 1, 2, or any week. I care about and fully expect to enter next season hungrier than any team in the league from week 1 until Super Bowl XLVII. If we lose a few, we lose a few, all I am saying is I expect a chip on the MVP's shoulder all year, causing everyone else to carry that same fire inside, and great results in return. How could anyone expect any less? The D can only get better and we all know the O will probably keep improving, as scary as that may be to the rest of the league.

In reality, if #36 comes back (god I hope so, I feel terrible for him) and we add a little push up front we are Super Bowl favorites again, if we aren't already. I wouldn't count Tramon and Shields out yet, they are both still young and talented. If Wood moves to safety, Nick returns, and Sam/Tramon play to their abilities, all we need is a little push to vastly improve on D.

Throw great leadership, heart, and fire in a pot, stir it up....and we have a 2x NFL and 2x SB MVP on our hands. Can't wait.

I have shed blood, sweat and tears with my team for over 30 years, through thick and thin. If you expect me to expect anything less than greatness from this franchise, you may not understand what it's like to be a fan of such a franchise for an entire lifetime. I buried my father with his Packer hat, jersey and blanket (age 49, diabetes). Most probably wouldn't understand but when I wake up on Sundays and prepare for the game, there's still a strong connection that we have that I don't get from ANYTHING else. I will never miss a game, and I will always believe in our chances.

How much money have you donated to the Packers? I am not talking about buying Packer gear. Just flat out send them a check with nothing in return.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Yeah we entered the season cocky and arrogant after winning the SB too. It's a great feeling and a natural reaction, then reality set in.

Your natural expectation is that your team will be a dominant force and slay all rivals. That may be true, but both our teams have a tough schedule having to play the number one teams from all NFC divisions, (not sure if SF will be dominant next year but until they're not they'll be included in the conversation).

Our defense was dominant in 2010, weak in 2011 (after losing Collins). We believe they will return to 2010 form in 2012 rather than remain in 2011 form but we'll simply have to wait and see.

Personally I believe the OP is right and the Packers will emerge as the victors September 6th but that's why they play the game. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts