We are not a good football team right now

packer98

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are 4-5 from a 13-3 record last year and we were suppose to be better. Our front defensive 7 can not stop the run. Our Oline can not pass block or run block, so what are we to do?

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
good question.....honestly I don't have an answer for it.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wizard 87 said:
good question.....honestly I don't have an answer for it.

that is because the answer lies within the team. they are all the right players, talented, just not playing up to their fullest or potential, and it is both frustrating and at this point incredibly tiring. thank god hockey season began.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer98 said:
so what are we to do?
Start fining/benching players for making the same stupid mistakes/penalties every game. Fine Barnett for celebrating like he won the SB after routine tackles.

But as long as MM is the coach thats not going to happen.

Packer_Backer85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers not a leader? It wasn't A-Rod's fault we lost that game. If there was a group or person to blame for the loss of that game it'd have to be the line.

It's not Rushing protection I'm talking about, it's the passing protection. Up through the third Quarter Grant was averaging almost five yards per rush, it's MM's job to get it to him more after that.

Our line cannot stop the run to save their lives. It's ridiculous that our Pass Defense gets three turnovers, one for points, THEN ontop of that, our Special Teams giftwraps a game and hands it to us. Defense couldn't step up to the plate.

We are not a good football team right now. It's not MM's fault. The team is very talented, and is just not playing like one.

My best hopes for the season are to beat Chicago atleast once, and win the division. Anything other than that is a prayer, and a high one at that.

-Edit- Bench Nick Barnett for celebrating? Are you out of your mind? Did you see what happened the first play he went out injured? We got burnt. That guy is easily one of the best players we have on defense, and you say bench him for celebrating? I don't know what kind of football you're watching but if all the players that celebrate were benched, football would be quite boring.

Quite ridiculous, I had high hopes for this season.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SAQHERT said:
rogers is not a leader

It is difficult to lead when you can't get a half second in the pocket without having the running of the bulls come at you. Rogers is the reason this team is not 2-7 with their stellar performance and excellent luck with no injuries.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dansz15 said:
It is difficult to lead when you can't get a half second in the pocket without having the running of the bulls come at you. Rogers is the reason this team is not 2-7 with their stellar performance and excellent luck with no injuries.

One question should concern all Packer fans after watching the poor effort of the O-line last Sunday - did anyone see a screen pass besides the one that failed miserably on a 3rd down deep in GB territory?

The answer is no. Football 101 tells the playcaller to mix screens into the gameplan when the pass rush is beating your O-line consistently. It keeps the D-line honest & prevents the jailbreak type of philosophy from working over & over by the D.

Truth be told, the screen has been a lost art in GB since MM arrived. I honestly have not seen more than 5 successful screen plays by the Packers in 3 years.

This doesn't bode well for the remainder of '08 either. Rodgers was exposed as being timid at best under serious pressure & MM did absolutely nothing with his playcalling to counter it.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is going to get himself on the hot seat if he keeps allowing this garbage playcalling. This season has just driven me nuts. Seems like no one is trying except a few guys. It is making me epicly sad :(

What a shame on that fail. That waste of good beer is tragic.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until both of our interior lines (O & D) begin to play solid fundimental football this team is going to give us fits. Didn't they ever hear of blocking and tackling? I lay all of this at the feet of the coaching staff. Yes, we've had injury issues but why are we making the same boneheaded mistakes every week? Frustrating to the max! :devil: BTW, Rodgers isn't timid to me. He showed us a h3ll of lot of fortitude playing with a sore shoulder earlier this season. But I'd be a tad nervous if I had to play behind that sorry O line. It's a wonder he is still upright after the beat down he is getting the last few weeks! :(

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if the loss of Corey Williams has a factor in all of this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts