Was this the second coming?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Brett Favre took over the reogns when Majkowski went down, did this game spell the beginniing of the end for Our beloved #4?

If Favre doesn't recover from this injury and Rodgers starts the next game and wins it, is he to take over?

I have to ask because multiple arm injuries are tough to overcome.

Melt74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put. the. booze. away.

(Thought this myself during the game, but nope.)

:)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonight was a sneak peak of how the offense is supposed to be run without the gunslinging theatrics.

Sometimes the theatrics are NEEDED, sometimes the offense needs to be run.

Tonight, that's what you seen. I like our QB situation.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Brett Favre took over the reogns when Majkowski went down, did this game spell the beginniing of the end for Our beloved #4?

If Favre doesn't recover from this injury and Rodgers starts the next game and wins it, is he to take over?

I have to ask because multiple arm injuries are tough to overcome.
I don't think so.
That said, if they feel Favre sitting out next week against the Raiders to heal will help in the long run, we may have seen the consecutive streak end.
The coaches have to feel that Rodgers COULD win the game against the Raiders.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers looked great. He just proved that he hasn't just been holding a clipboard all this time. He was prepared.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We saw the future of the Packers WHEN Favre retires........

When is a really good question. I don't want him to retire, and never have. But I pose this question: who is comfortable going into next season with AR at quarterback?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron played better in THIS game.

Brett is the greatest ever.

but i honestly thought the same thing during the game. I even whispered to my friends... Majic Man????

200,000 dollars to anyman... Brett starts next week.

I like our QB situation.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Favre is the horse that has brought us to the dance so far this year.. 2+ quarters of Aaron playing a excellent game is not enough in my opinion to bypass Favre.

But Aaron has proved that he can play in this league and by the looks of it... very well... the future of our QB's look good.

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is the horse that has brought us to the dance so far this year.. 2+ quarters of Aaron playing a excellent game is not enough in my opinion to bypass Favre.

But Aaron has proved that he can play in this league and by the looks of it... very well... the future of our QB's look good.

Also raised his price for his services in the years to come?!!?

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked really confident in there, too. He made some great runs that I'm not sure Favre would have made. Favre would have taken that time to find an open receiver, which is fine too.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked really confident in there, too. He made some great runs that I'm not sure Favre would have made. Favre would have taken that time to find an open receiver, which is fine too.

Or get hit, fall back, and throw an interception....

(I'm just saying....with the team being YOUNG, a kid who can MOVE when the YOUNG Oline crumbles might not be a BAD idea...i dont HATE favre)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trom theres no need to say you dont hate favre. no one that cheers for the packers hates favre. everyone wants favre to start next week. every freaking one. we can all say that Aaron rodgers and a young team is nothing but good.... without defending favre.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And you always dance with the horse that brought you.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
at least for a little bit...We will have no more Rodgers sucks posts...

To many people were fast to say he sucks with out shot at playing

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Thompson draft pick turns out to look pretty ****** good.

Shocker.

LOL, Are you kidding me. 2 quarters of football. OMG, I hope he's not "Pretty ******* good" like Nick Collins.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from a medical point of view there is no way Brett should play against the raider,s they are muck and we should beat them easily.

The streak is the streak but i'd rather a Superbowl.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put. the. booze. away.

(Thought this myself during the game, but nope.)

:)

If Rodgers somehow pulls that game out for us, a lot more people are on this topic, but no

McCarthy should've put Aaron Rodgers at safety while he was at it

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Shocker.

It would have been nice if the defense didn't totally SUCK last night and could have made a play! The DB's were horrible. The D-Line was horrible. Romo had all ****ing day back there. The O-Line wasn't that good early in the game either.

There was plenty of blame and suckitude to go around.

I know some of you here have a ******* because Rodgers played and you want him to start, but it ain't gonna happen. :lol:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Shocker.

It would have been nice if the defense didn't totally SUCK last night and could have made a play! The DB's were horrible. The D-Line was horrible. Romo had all ****ing day back there. The O-Line wasn't that good early in the game either.

There was plenty of blame and suckitude to go around.

I know some of you here have a ******* because Rodgers played and you want him to start, but it ain't gonna happen. :lol:

IK think from now on, instead of saying SOME OF YOU, just say Trom

I am started to see him "gloat" a tad bit

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett is healthy, and he continues to make bad throws over the middle of the field, MM may indeed make a move.

cmon Brett, what was that?

A-Rod played like a man on a mission, quick release, very mobile, and confident. The one thing that I do not like about A-Rod, is how he holds the ball by is ear before he makes his throws. Sooner or later teams are going to swat at the ball, and try to create turnovers.

A-Rod's play had to be a wake up call to #4. Brett needs to make very smart decisions on the field, there is a very hungry, determined guy behind him right now.

do I feel this game is a changing of the guard, heck no. Do I think A-Rod will make #4 a better QB. YEs sir.

Am I happy with the play of A-Rod, and can he be a solid NFL QB. I really , really hope so. Rodgers arm strength seemed good enough to play in the NFL, and he took some big hits as well.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts