Was Bryan Bulaga a good pick? If not, who should've been?

Was Bulaga a good pick? If now, who?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much for mock drafts. Great pick. There are a few people that question his skills as a franchise LT, worst case he becomes a sold RT. Win win for the Pack.

I think he may start day one, IMO he is the most ready to go tackle in the draft.
So I ask the question, if he has a good camp, do you bench Clifton or do you start him over Tauscher?

I really think the Pack did not think a tackle like this would fall to them, but would be a guy who would be a work in progress for a year.

IMO if he has a good camp, I say start him at LT and insert Lang at RT, allow that group to get through the growing pains and gel together. They will be young and most likely to finish the season together.

Now if we can get an O-line coach, then we may get somewhere.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why didn't the Chiefs take him? or any other team... He looks really good and I like the pick but I'm just curious I guess.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You start him at an inside position for a year or two...and have him learn from Clifton, and then in 2 years you replace Clifton.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very happy about the pick. I don't believe though, that Bulaga starts opening day unless Clifton gets hurt in training camp. I think he sits until Clifton gets hurt, then takes over, and really, who doesn't think Clifton will stay healthy all year long? Especially with the bye week being so late into the year. Can't wait until tom. night now.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only knocks on him are his arms are just a little short for a Tackle. But from what i understand they are just as long as Cliftons are.

He had a thyroid problem last year that cause him to miss some playing time. No one really knows if that will pop up again.

The guy has a great attitude and wants to be great and has the skills and size to do it. He is 6'5" and 315 and he is only 21 years old.

He has what it takes to play and be successful in Green Bay:happy0005:

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha, I'm fine we got Bulaga, but I wanted Kindle personally. A guy who would have a large impact on a team from day one. Can't fault TT and crew with picking Bulaga though. Great value with him sliding that far, which surprised me.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very happy about the pick. I don't believe though, that Bulaga starts opening day unless Clifton gets hurt in training camp. I think he sits until Clifton gets hurt, then takes over, and really, who doesn't think Clifton will stay healthy all year long? Especially with the bye week being so late into the year. Can't wait until tom. night now.

I couldnt agree more. Yes Bulaga will be able to start opening day, but he wont. As soon as Clifton goes down (which he will) Bulaga will step up.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much for mock drafts. Great pick. There are a few people that question his skills as a franchise LT, worst case he becomes a sold RT. Win win for the Pack.

I think he may start day one, IMO he is the most ready to go tackle in the draft.
So I ask the question, if he has a good camp, do you bench Clifton or do you start him over Tauscher?

I really think the Pack did not think a tackle like this would fall to them, but would be a guy who would be a work in progress for a year.

IMO if he has a good camp, I say start him at LT and insert Lang at RT, allow that group to get through the growing pains and gel together. They will be young and most likely to finish the season together.

Now if we can get an O-line coach, then we may get somewhere.

I think Bulaga is coached up just fine. I agree that James Campen shouldn't be our long-term tutor for our future lineman but Bulaga already knows so much from Ferentz that he can get by in the NFL.

Why didn't the Chiefs take him? or any other team... He looks really good and I like the pick but I'm just curious I guess.

Great question and it's something that really scares me. Even the 49ers had a chance to take him and they weren't even looking for a LT. They took Anthony Davis instead and he'll most likely play the RT spot. I thought Bulgaga was supossed to be the better lineman????

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is an exciting pick. Iowa coaching staff produces excellent players who are ready to go right out of college. This guy will be a stud on the line for a long time. He is very versatile, played three positions on the OL during his career. Could be a guard or OT in the league. He should have/could have gone sooner but GB is lucky to have him. As Gruden says the guy looks like a Packer. This is huge for the team.

Wilson could of been a great pick as well, but Murphy is a stud from USF. Aside from character issues, he could be a top talent. I am hoping he could fall to the Packers in round two...

Awesome pick!

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
during the orange bowl when Iowa was playing, my brother (who wants to be the next kiper jr.) told me to look out for buluga, and said that he would be a great fit for the packers...3 months later look what happens. Im very happy with this pick.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only game I remember him struggling was Michigan against Brandon Graham. He was embarassed...

BUT, he was with a toe injury if I'm not mistaken...

He MANHANDLED Derrick Morgan, in a much more important game...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the game against Derrick Morgan. A few struggles here an there but not bad:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAUs6ny8Hps]YouTube - Bryan Bulaga vs. Derrick Morgan[/ame]

NotSoSpecialTeams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am an extremely, EXTREMELY happy person today. Going into the draft, I always stressed how important it was to come out of today with a franchise left tackle. Having Bryan Bulaga, a guy who some have mentioned could even start straight away, fall to us like that was incredible and I fully believe this was the best choice, even with some of the other guys still on the board. The beauty of it is the coaching staff can take their time with him. I can see him taking over for Clifton mid-season if necessary.

Then again, things sometimes don't work out the way they're supposed to on paper so you never know but I can definitely see him as the guy manning our O-line for years to come. Great pick and hopefully the beginning of another good draft class for the Green and Gold.

GO PACK!

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the Pick. I'm sure he will be starting by next year with many to come.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I answered Kyle Wilson in the poll, but that doesn't mean Bulaga wasn't a good pick. Far from it. Great pick. Would I have rather had Wilson? Sure, but I really can't complain about getting some help for Aaron.

Mel-MinAlum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great pick...I doubt TT and the gang expected him to fall to us, and when he did I'm sure there wasn't much debate or trade talk going on.......Now if we can just trade next years #1 to the Rams and get Kindle, Anheuser-Busch's weekend profits are really gonna look good.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think at those higher picks, his short arms left them with question marks. There are a few people that feel he will not be a good LT, but will end up playing RT.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldnt agree more. Yes Bulaga will be able to start opening day, but he wont. As soon as Clifton goes down (which he will) Bulaga will step up.

IMO I would start Clifton the first 5 games, then start Bulga no matter how well Clifton is playing.

I don't want an inexperienced rookie coming in cold off the bench in the playoffs.

Remember had we won the Cardinal game, Lang would have started the next game.

The only reason why we signed Clifton was the Packers thought they would get a work in progress for a LT in the latter rounds or a Charles Brown in the first.

Bulga changes things for the good, he is a guy who can play right away. I bet this is not even a choice but the only option out of training camp, Clifton will nursing injuries and limited in practice and Bulga will win the starting job.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga wont start till end of the 10 season. Great pick, best value for the team in the first rd, Cowboys got second best value with drafting Bryant.

Bulaga will not be a tackle for the first couple years, he will be interior. I dont think GB drafted him with the intentions of making him a starting left tackle, that would be insane. I think we did great in the first round and Im very happy with the pick. (I told you guys TT wouldnt go for the best available like some of you guys thought lol)

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with A1. Besides, I would take Eric Berry over Bulaga too. Not that Bulaga is bad pick, far from it, but Berry is insane and Safety is a need for GB as well. I am happy that Bulaga was still on the board for us, great Tackle for as late in the round as we picked.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts