1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Was anyone else not overly pumped about Sunday night's victory?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Brandon, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2,256 / 49 / -15
    Yup.
    Eli will never be thought of as elite or among the greats.
  2. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +213 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Well I just figured if he's going to make outrageous claims then so am I :D
  3. Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Pack_Attack_Is_Back Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Let's just keep it civil... Leave acting like a jacka** to the troll, while the rest of us have legitimate conversations.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2,256 / 49 / -15
    I was going to create an attack post but then decided to take the higher road and not sink down to the same level where scum lives.
  5. Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Pack_Attack_Is_Back Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    ata boy! ;)
  6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2,256 / 49 / -15
    Thanx for the encouragement!
    (Actually, I posted and then deleted it after seeing your post.)
    We gotta have class and stick to that.
    No need to be classless like fans of other teams.

In the meantime I have put "Eli10" on ignore.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2,256 / 49 / -15
    Mods:
    Please lock this thread since it's starting to get way off topic.
  8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    I deleted the troll and deleted some o the posts about him and replies..

Get back on topic :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +52 / 10 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Sorry for the slip. I did mean Graham Harrell. But when you get down to it Justin probably would not have done any worse handing the ball off. I was so thrilled that he executed 7 straight handoffs against the Texans Sunday. Of course MM was not going to let Graham TJ Rubley throw a pass.
  10. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +86 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    3 Interceptions, 3 Sacks, 6 TDs, and almost some decent rushing at times. Even Jerdropal couldn't screw it up for us.
    I would say it was a pretty darned good day for the Pack.
  11. toolkien

toolkien Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +56 / 1 / -6
    The short of it-

The Packers have been one of the best teams since 2009. The beginning of this season has been its roughest set of 6 opponents, net, over that time. The next closest 6 game strength was the 6 games that ended the 2010 season, wherein the Packers went 3-3. And this team should be 4-2 to boot. The long and the short of it is when you have a concentration of tough teams, you're not going to look as brilliant as you would like.

The long of it-

Pro-football-reference has their SRS (simple rating system) that is indeed simple yet it is powerful. There are a lot of proprietary rankings out there based on intricate stat evaluations fed into a formula to produce a ranking for each team. The SRS simply takes a team's average margin of victory and modifies it for the modified margin of victory of every team they have played. It concentrates on a team's ability to push away from zero (the natural mean in a closed system) taking into account the hindrance of the slate of teams played in trying to do the same thing. Its failing is not speaking toward consistency, but for being so simple its going to be limited, but it cuts to the chase faster than just about any other ranking method I've seen.

So far in 2012, the Packers are 5th out of 32 as far as SRS. And the Packers have played the most teams that are in the top 10 in SRS. The Packers simply have had a tough schedule to play, along with a short week to start the season followed up with the 4 road games out of 5. Then toss in the meat skewer to the dirt box in Seattle and the Packers are a solid 4-2 team that has had season endangering loss thrust on them.

The upside is the Packers have a relatively easy schedule from here on out, the downside is injuries are getting too steep.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Rocky11

Rocky11 Superbowl bound Pack

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 4 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Penalties and mistakes are a common part of every football game. The trick is keeping them to a minimum. Our offense finally came alive and got the job done looking like they did last year. Now we can only hope that they can stay focused and continue scoring points.
  13. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Lets be honest with ourselves here just a bit.. while the win against the Texans announced to the world of talking heads "that the Packers still have it", we all should know that this Packer team is better than they have played to date this season. Couple that with a Texans team that had a couple key injuries (Cushing and Joseph) that affect their defense greatly, not to mention that the Texans are reliant upon the run almost too heavily.

That helped setup, yes a much needed victory, the Packers regaining their swagger somewhat and almost more importantly, hopefully their confidence.

It was a great win.. but unless this team builds upon it, will it be remembered past this weekend? Hopefully it will be remembered as the turning point of the season, thus remembered well past Sunday.
  14. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    We were with out Jennings and BJ...........so maybe a wash?
  15. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Jennings.. that had more impact in the early part of the season, the Packers have adjusted out of that reliance some IMO. Raji, to me, he is not as stout on the run as Pickett is at nose.. so while it hurt not to have him in the rotation, I firmly believe Pickett being forced (my opinion he should be there more frequently with Raji kicking outside some) to take the bulk of the snaps helped us more than Raji absent hurt us.

Texans use the run to setup a decent, but not able to support itself of a passing game. Johnson just doesn't have the same burst he once had. Past him, the Texans really lack outside talent.. Daniels can carry the load in the center of the football field, but the Texans almost more than any team in the league rely on their PA pass to bolster the passing game. If I am them.. with than defense and running game.. I swing a trade for another target on the outside for them. The AFC is there for the taking.. I would strike while the stove is hot for the Texans.
  16. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +918 / 16 / -9
    See now I didn't see that as a 'break'. I thought the guy played the route perfectly ... I'm thinking that is the 2nd or 3rd time this season that Aaron's been picked on that route - I told my son that the DB was watching film and was waiting for that one. We sometimes forget that the other guy gets paid to play too.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2,256 / 49 / -15
    From re-watching the game, Sam Shields committed a PI which put the Texans close enough to the goal line so they could score their first TD of the game.
    And from seeing the penalties the Texans did to the Pack which did help the Pack, it looks like overall the Pack played smarter football.
    And that is something to be celebrated not to feel down about.