Warrick Dunn - A weapon out of the backfield...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopack0909 said:
sign him for a 1 year deal and see how he does... I think he would be a great third down back for the pack

what makes u think Dunn would come to GB to sit on his *** and barely get any snaps?? Get Real, this isnt Madden :-?

He wasn't an every down-back even in his prime. we know how old he is, and certainly knows he's getting old. he hasn't had much interest, from what I've heard. Wherever he does end up, it's going to be in a supporting role. I'm not pining after Warrick Dunn, at all. What I'm saying is that he is a good FB player who contributes a lot to a franchise, and I would be happy to see him contribute here.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Dunn signs with someone it will be for at least three years. I'm really not convinced that he is the style of back that the Packers would want for their offense. The fact that Atlanta used a ZB scheme doesn't really matter. Remember he was playing his home games in a dome. True Minny and Detroit play in domes too, but GB and Chi do not. I'm just not convinced that a guy who played most of his ball in Florida and Georgia, is cut out to playing in Wisconsin.

Before here, what is the farthest point north that Bret played -- raised in Mississippi and drafted by that same Georgia team?

What about other "Southern" players like Sterling Sharpe (South Carolina), Robert Brooks (South Carolina), Leroy Butler and Edgar Bennett (Florida State) -- Not to forget Reggie White (Tennessee)? Just because a guy is from the South does not mean that he cannot play at Lambeau.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
If Dunn signs with someone it will be for at least three years. I'm really not convinced that he is the style of back that the Packers would want for their offense. The fact that Atlanta used a ZB scheme doesn't really matter. Remember he was playing his home games in a dome. True Minny and Detroit play in domes too, but GB and Chi do not. I'm just not convinced that a guy who played most of his ball in Florida and Georgia, is cut out to playing in Wisconsin.

Before here, what is the farthest point north that Bret played -- raised in Mississippi and drafted by that same Georgia team?

What about other "Southern" players like Sterling Sharpe (South Carolina), Robert Brooks (South Carolina), Leroy Butler and Edgar Bennett (Florida State) -- Not to forget Reggie White (Tennessee)? Just because a guy is from the South does not mean that he cannot play at Lambeau.

It is a valid point, and I'm not saying he could not acclimate, but older athletes tend to like to go to warmer teams it seems. Why else would Zach Thomas choose Dallas over New England or Green Bay.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
Veretax said:

It is a valid point, and I'm not saying he could not acclimate, but older athletes tend to like to go to warmer teams it seems. Why else would Zach Thomas choose Dallas over New England or Green Bay.

hes from texas and a life long cowboys fan.

he went to school at Texas Tech in Lubbock.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
PackFanInSC said:
Veretax said:

hes from texas and a life long cowboys fan.

he went to school at Texas Tech in Lubbock.

Well hrms... that would explain it. Maybe its a straw man of an argument the warm weather thing, but I'm still not convinced that Dunn is the style of back we need. Could he be? Certainly.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well hrms... that would explain it. Maybe its a straw man of an argument the warm weather thing, but I'm still not convinced that Dunn is the style of back we need. Could he be? Certainly.

What were we missing from the offense last year.. oh yeah the screen game and the dump ofs into the flat to the RB's...

One of Dunn's strengths are the ability to excel in the passing game... sound like a fit to me.. IMO.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well one thing is for sure. With Favre gone, Dunn may look a bit more appealing because of the leadership and experience he'd bring to the huddle. I'm not saying we should or should not get him but it would be worth considering.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Well one thing is for sure. With Favre gone, Dunn may look a bit more appealing because of the leadership and experience he'd bring to the huddle. I'm not saying we should or should not get him but it would be worth considering.

That is all I am saying, it is worth a phone call to see if there is any interest.. with Favre moving on.. how important might a quick dump off option out of the backfield be?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Grant, Jackson, Wynn, Morency, 6th round draft pick. Dunn can play elsewhere.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ARod wont be dumping anything off to anybody, hes going for Home Runs everytime...FACT!

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me he's not an "elite" back, just an average guy. Plus a 33 year old RB is getting up there, even if he did share time. His body is 33, no matter how few runs he had.
Favre is one of the exceptions. He has shown that he still can do it at his age. I'm sure the "wall" isn't far off for him either though.

Thank you

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
To me he's not an "elite" back, just an average guy. Plus a 33 year old RB is getting up there, even if he did share time. His body is 33, no matter how few runs he had.
Favre is one of the exceptions. He has shown that he still can do it at his age. I'm sure the "wall" isn't far off for him either though.

hmm yah and Favre was never a between the tackles runner either :D

LOL :agree:

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
Looks like Dunn signed back with Tampa.

there goes our superbowl.

Be honest, did you honestly think that when Favre Retired, that bringing in Warrick Dunn would ensure a Super Bowl? We couldn't run with our O-Line, and Ryan Grant against the Giants in the NFC Championship game. Grant was 13 for 29 Rushing in that game. I really would not think an older back like Dunn would make that much difference to our super bowl hopes. I could be wrong, but I don't think that I am.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Veretax said:

Be honest, did you honestly think that when Favre Retired, that bringing in Warrick Dunn would ensure a Super Bowl? We couldn't run with our O-Line, and Ryan Grant against the Giants in the NFC Championship game. Grant was 13 for 29 Rushing in that game. I really would not think an older back like Dunn would make that much difference to our super bowl hopes. I could be wrong, but I don't think that I am.

Turn on your sarcasm detector :p

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
tromadz said:
Veretax said:

Turn on your sarcasm detector :p

Heh, sarcasm is so hard to detect in print these days...LOL

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Not the end of the world that he went to Tampa.. but he would have helped this team out.. and at two-year, $6 million contract it wouldn't have taken much luster out of the payroll... not that big of a deal.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep and im sure in TB they will appreciate him, it will be fun to see him running all over the falcons patchwork defence this year :) Hes one of football's good guys and i wish him well :)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep and im sure in TB they will appreciate him, it will be fun to see him running all over the falcons patchwork defence this year :) Hes one of football's good guys and i wish him well :)

I do too. Best of luck Dunn!

Members online

Latest posts