1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

(WARNING: Religious Dilemma) I don't even have words...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Incubes12, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317 / 0 / -0
    12 killed in Afghanistan amid protests over reported Quran burning - CNN.com

I seriously don't even know who to be mad at. The guy who PURPOSELY incited rage in such a large percentage of the world, completely aware of what the magnitude of the response could be. Or, the people who thought an appropriate response would be to murder innocent people who had ABSOLUTELY no ties to the event at all. I am purely disgusted in this dark side of human nature.

Why do so many people have to die in the name of someone else's beliefs?
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,605 / 91 / -35
    be mad at the number of people around the world who base their life off of a book written in the dark ages that they take literally.
  3. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    And that's whats wrong with religion in a nutshell.
  4. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

Ratings:
    +1,565 / 55 / -5
    So is that a issue with religion or a human nature issue? There is both good and bad in human nature. Its important to recognize it for what it is.

One of the bigger problems in human nature is bigotry. Hatred and/or prejudicial feelings towards various ethnicities, colors, religions, etc. Most people see it for what it is. If I told a joke denegrating black people, no doubt I would be assailed as a biggot. But much biggotry goes unchallenged and is even encouraged by the 'intellectually elite'. It is in vogue now to slam the Christian. Bigots point to various people who call themselves Christians who make a stupid comment and say, "Ahaa! All Christians are fools for believing that." When in fact, most Christians probably don't believe in that.

Most Muslims will tell you that peace is promoted in the Koran. Most Christians will tell you that peaceful living with others is the core of Christian belief. Yet there are a few out there who wish to lead and have agendas. They use the easiest of all human emotions to manipulate a mind - anger. They use a contorted interpretation of a religious text in order to control those of weak mind. Or more likely, those who are looking for an excuse or reason to do evil. They gain power through the control of these individuals. This isn't the fault of religion, but of their own depraved minds.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I think it has a lot to do with closed minded people all over the world. They just believe what a person/book says without giving any thought to it!
    I guess people like that are a small minority but they make it hard for everybody else!