Walsh deal struck.. down with the Patzies..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hopefully some of this "cheating" crap will finally be dealt with and put to rest.

WALSH DEAL IS IN PLACE
Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2008, 12:43 p.m.
The NFL has issued a statement regarding the status of negotiations with former Patriots employee Matt Walsh.

Basically, the negotiations are over, because a deal has been reached.

An agreement has been completed between the NFL and Matt Walsh that will allow Mr. Walsh, a former videotape operator with the New England Patriots, to share with the NFL information about activities occurring during his employment with the club from 1997-2003,” the statement reads.

Commissioner Roger Goodell will meet with Walsh in the league office on May 13.

The interview with Mr. Walsh will seek to determine whether he has any new information about that videotaping practice or other possible violations of league rules,” the NFL said. Under the agreement, Walsh must return any tapes or other items in his possession that belong to the team. The league and the Patriots have promised not to sue him. And the league and the Patriots “will indemnify him for any expenses, including legal fees that he incurs in connection with the interview.”

It’s unclear how far this commitment to indemnify Walsh goes; if he’s sued by, for example, Bill Belichick as a result of what Walsh tells Goodell, will the NFL and the Patriots cover Walsh financially?

After the May 13 meeting, there will be a news media briefing, which will be attended by Goodell.

The open question in all of this is whether Walsh will also have the ability to speak to the media or to Senator Arlen Specter (R-Pa.). If the deal contemplates that Walsh will only speak to the league, then there are two potential explanations. First, Walsh is confident that he has enough information to prompt Goodell to take swift and stern action against the Patriots. Second, Walsh really doesn’t have anything and prefers not to be exposed as not having anything to a national television audience.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts