Walker WILL NOT be in Camp

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ND packer fan

NDPackerFan said:
P@ck66 said:
So, you're going to throw away a season or two on principal because you won't give in on a pissing match between you and a few of your players?

It's principles and that's what is important. Without principles only chaos reigns. J.Walker is just another football player who's ego has outstripped his brain. NFL players are very well payed to play a game and it's important to remember that games are played for fun. Wouldn't hurt the NFL if players once again had to obtain off-season jobs to make ends meet and then perhaps ordinary people could afford game prices.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
c'mon chi..

you mean you feel sorry for the poor nfl owners who make MILLIONS off the players backs and the big, fat, tv contracts....merchandising..etc...

and you want the players to have to WORK in the off-season..besides working out all year and keeping themselves in shape?

i don't understand this working class hostility towards the professional athlete today.....

if you go to a rock concert, do you begrudge the performers their millions if they don't play the song you want to hear...?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
c'mon chi..
if you go to a rock concert, do you begrudge the performers their millions if they don't play the song you want to hear...?

As a matter of fact I do. We had tickets YEARS AGO to a Linda Ronstadt concert. She didn't play her popular songs. So we didn't go. (Ok they were freebies but had I known that her tour was going to be different music I wouldn't have bought them.)

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its unbelievable that walker would do this to the man favre. He knows he is his favorite target and he know Favre doesn't have many more years left. I mean the biggest piece of trash moss never did this so what does that say about walker. The packers were smart enough to draft him in the 1st round. They drafted him and I said WHO, He proved me wrong and if it wasn't for the pack he would have never got this chance. Maybe this goes to show that it isn't all Rosenhouse its walker to. These 2 guys are the AIDS and Cancer of the league. Something needs to be done or this won't be the best league in the world anymore

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
wpr..

..that means the Eagles can't do anything after "Hotel California"..and Deep Purple can't do anything after "Machine Head".....

i find it funny and interesting that some people can't listen to anything but the same classic rock tunes over and over and over again...

it's like music stopped being made after 1974....

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Instead of taking the hardass/hardline route...wouldn't it be better if contracts had SOME leeway to be restructured based upon incentives and performance, after the fact...?

This way...when Grady outperforms that load Hunt...the Packers can up his pay, or give him a raise, (within reason)...(not a complete restructuring per se, but enough to make him happy..on the other hand, they should also be able to deduct a percentage of Hunt's salary...to be fair to the organization)

On the same token, since Javon Walker was what, the 5th rated receiver in the nfl? He also then should be compensated (within reason).---These things should operate on some kind of a sliding scale....the problem is, when an inexperienced GM like Sherman throws out the baby with the bathwater, and overpays much of his talent...it puts you in a hell of a bind--capwise that is...

You know Pack66 I think the owners would be more than willing to have a "pay for play" system. They could have a set amount of money. Say $50 mil. Then have the players divide it up amongst themselves. Brett had 4000 yards and so he gets a big chunk. Hunt's a ****** so he just gets a few crumbs. Next year split the pie again. Those who do the work get the reward. Sounds great to me.
You know what? The NFLPA would NEVER stand for it. They would scream how unfair it is and how unfair the owners are.
Just look at every shop that paid employees for performance using the piecemeal method. As soon as they were unionize that payment plan went out the door.
Everyone (employees) wants the up side to the contract. (More money in a good year.) And yet none of them want to face the downside. (Less money for a failure to perform.) Or if they do they want the floor to be so high that it isn't a deterrent to them at all. After all they should get around a $ million just for being in the league.
Just as soon as you can explain to me why JW doesn't feel wrong taking the bonus money and his pay for the 1st 2 years of the contract for his below the league average performance, I will then listen to you or him argue that he deserves a pay raise after just 1 year for an above the league average performance.
Until then he needs to be a man and honor is word.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know your point Pack and since this is off topic I didn't want to go into any detail. I wouldn't be opposed to musicians mixing old stuff with a couple of new tunes. LR threw out all her old and went to Spanish songs I think.
Now so I am not called a racist, a few of those some of her Big Band tunes and mostly old would have been fine.
She is a free agent so to speak so if she didn't want to do the old any more she should have announced that- kinda like Cat Stevens did before she sold her tickets. She let everyone think they were getting one thing and her performances were all together different.

AS THIS IS OFF TOPIC I AM DONE WITH THE MUSIC ANALOGY

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66. Actually the music stopped long before anyone noticed. Music, that is, with melodies and harmony and substance. Even before the advent of noise!!!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good article:

Walker getting brainwashed

Javon Walker By Todd Korth , [email protected]
Date: Jul 21, 2005

Wide receiver committing career suicide with holdout

Javon Walker is making a big mistake with his decision to not report to the Green Bay Packers training camp next week. The wide receiver

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fvre4mvp said:
Its unbelievable that walker would do this to the man favre. He knows he is his favorite target and he know Favre doesn't have many more years left.

No offense, but I really doubt that Walker's holdout is done to spite Brett. He sees an opening for an easy payout, and that's it, that's his rationale.

BTW, wpr...I was just about to pose that question...who is pulling most of the strings...JW or DR?

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At some point it will hit Javon - when he see's Driver, Fergie, Chatman, and one or two rookies stepping up - Javon will realize (hopefully) that possible 1,200 yard 15 TD year for him is down the drain. And his career is not on the up swing. It's his loss...IMO

Members online

Latest posts