Walker and Carroll Fight at Practice

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Bruce said:
He has regained his starting job at this point and is fighting hard to keep it.

Is this speculation, or have the press/MS mentioned this. I know that Joey T. has been injured and didn't have a good practice yesterday, but I thought he was in front of Carroll still, and that Hawkins was pushing him as well.

Joey T. has fallen behind and Carroll has been elevated back to the number 1 spot. The competition is still on, but Joey's injury has really set him back, combined with Carroll making some significant improvements.

Both Bates and Sherman have been quoted as saying similar things about the current situation including: it is not too late for Joey T to win the job but the lost time is huge -- this is not mini-camp, it is the final steps in getting ready for the real deal. Carroll is the favorite in the competition, whereas when they broke mini-camp Joey had move ahead.

Jobs are not won in mini-camps they are won in training camp and during the exhibition season.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Joey Thomas wins out - he's not nearly as grabby as Carroll.
It's nice to see Nick Collins stepping up so well, too!

With Joey back from the Injury List - We'll just see how well Ahmad can hang in there... or (what) punch somebody....?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I think Joey Thomas wins out - he's not nearly as grabby as Carroll.
It's nice to see Nick Collins stepping up so well, too!

Remember the doubters with the pick of Collins? Hopefully he can prove them wrong and be a quality player for the Packers now and the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts