Waking up this morning

wranglerjeansfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I spent all of yesterday depressed, and I really couldn't fall asleep last night. But this morning, something unexpected happened: I woke up excited. Now I know a lot of you will say this is premature, but let me explain. Brett has been our quarterback forever, but like any other player his retirement was inevitable. Though Brett was still capable of playing great football, as he showed last season, he was past his prime. At best, he could have given us another good 1-2 years. Rodgers, on the other hand, has spent a good 3+ years learning from the best QB mentor in pro football. He showed what he was capable of in the Dallas game and in the preseason this year. Aaron was our first round pick, one that fell to us way past where he was expected to go. And even though there is a chance that he stinks, that uncertainty is what makes being a fan exciting. Lastly, I'm excited that our other players will start getting some of the credit they deserve. A lot of average fans don't realize that Favre- and Driver- did not single-handedly do all of the work. Guys named Jennings, Grant, Jones, and Lee were a large part of the success last season.

Although I love Brett, I will forever be a Packers fan! Go Pack Go!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I slept ok (drugs)
This morning, as my wife left for work, she got pouty faced.......then said "No more Brett!" I darn near cried.....(again)
I can't say i'm "excited", but cautiously optomistic. I wonder if Rodgers can stay healthy. Yes, i KNOW it was freak injuries, but after watching Favre play 16 years here and not miss a game, and Rodgers play a couple games and get hurt, you can't help but wonder if he can take the 16 game schedule.
Of course i'm HOPING he can, but i have nothing to back up that hope right now.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always sleep fine. Don't know why, I just do. I'm still depressed but better. I love all the Favre stuff on NFL network. It's like having a Favre channel. All Favre all the time.

As for Rogers.... I hear they are giving him blood transfusions from Favre.
With some of that Superman blood in him he will be able to play 16 games no problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts