Wahle gets it right..Sherman haters please read

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/sep05/359402.asp

Scroll over the blank area above to find the link if it doesn't light up.

Since he's no longer a Packer, Wahle tells it like it is. Note that Mike Sherman likely would have found a way to resign him, but could have put a serious crimp on the salary cap.

Read between the lines: Thompson is in charge...he wants a different direction for a team that is very likely to have even a LARGER turnover in talent next season.

***** all you want about Sherman, but he had the 'former' team poised for the Super Bowl in 2003. I think the decline in the team started LAST YEAR(EVEN WITH WAHLE), as evidenced by how they meekly exited the playoffs.

CAN YOU SAY REBUILDING?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are like U.W.--you replace about a third of the roster yearly. If you're lucky you've got an outstanding group of "freshmen" who will play together for 4 years and be world-beaters at the end. Then you reload. I think Sherman the coach has done a terrific job winning year after year, especially given that Sherman the g.m. has not done so well. I see this team, with its freshmen and "red-shirt" starters coming together, starting with the big win this Monday night. I thought we'd be 4 and 4 after the first 8, finish 10 and 6 and win the division. Now I'm revising my prediction to 9 and 7, for the 4th North title in a row.

ON TO 13
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, net, it is all Thompson's fault. For God's sake, we were not going to pay a guard the kind of money Wahle was demanding. One of the problems with the Packers recent team bulding strategy is that they kept re-upping their own players, always pushing us toward the brink of the cap. The reality of today's game is that you have to have managed turnover to manage the cap....something we have only very recently begun to do.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JSonline/Packer said:
He (Mike Wahle) admitted on Wednesday that the prospect of quarterback Brett Favre retiring soon, running back Ahman Green and center Mike Flanagan leaving in free agency and the Packers being less than the team they were affected his decision. He said mostly that he was looking for a new challenge, something to satisfy his hunger for competition and he said he found it with the young, unsettled Panthers offensive line.

“The reality is, you don’t know how much longer Brett is going to play,â€

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack: I don't see "fault" with Thompson as much as the reaction of the fans who think the Packers can never reload.

This team is about 40-60 Thompson's and by next year it will likely be closer to 80%. I basically support Thompson's idea which is build through the draft and let the high-priced free agents go somewhere else.

. You will see Flanagan, Green, Davenport, Diggs, maybe Kampman all gone next year.

Sherman wanted veterans and paid a price for it, not caring as much about the draft. In the long haul I think Thompson will win out. I think he's assembling a team for Aaron Rodgers to lead, not Brett Favre.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why are they triyng to do the same thing? And why haven´t the coaches developed any new strategy and new plays? Isn´t this what they are payed for?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"USUALLY astute digsthepack?" Oh, come now, DePack.....bow at the feet of the all-knowing, all-seeing football being. For you to question my football acumen is to incur the wrath of the football Gods!!

Your punishment for your ill-conceived commentary shall be.....................an in-depth conversation on the topic of, what else, football, with our long-departed and much beloved Chase/SteelWheels.

Now go away, and quit kissing my *** you little bootlick!! LOL

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
***** all you want about Sherman, but he had the 'former' team poised for the Super Bowl in 2003. I think the decline in the team started LAST YEAR(EVEN WITH WAHLE), as evidenced by how they meekly exited the playoffs.

CAN YOU SAY REBUILDING?

Excellent point...in '02 MS went for broke w/ JJ, Darien Gordon, Hardy, and Terry Glenn...on preseason paper, that was one of, if not the best team in the league. MS put Brett and the Packers in a position to go out on top.

The following year, the Packers demonstrated how close they could have come w/ the Philly game. They were a mere 4th-26 from the NFC champ game!

Now it certainly looks like rebuilding phase!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs....I can't believe you used the C-word. This forum has been almost enjoyable this season without him.....if it wasn't for that pesky 0-3 thing!

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do not have to have great talent to stay onside, you do not have to have great talent to keep your hands out of a players face, you do not have to have great talent to manage the clock, you do not have to have great talent to avoid roughing penalties, you do not have to have great talent to correct a fumbling problem, you do not have to have great talent to make changes at the half and adjust, you do not have to have great talent to be in the right spot on the field at the right time, you do not have to have great talent to have 11 men on the field for an extra point, you do not have to have great talent for you coaches to be on task in a July practice without fumbling through their papers while the players stand around, you do not have to have great talent to get your players on the practice field on time and get 100% effort out of them.

YOU NEED GREAT COACHING FOR THAT, YOU NEED QUALITY CONTROL!

A great coach makes a good team great, a average coach makes a great team good (the Packers the last few years) an average coach takes an average team and makes them bad (this year's Packers).

Wake up! The Packers continue to make the exact same stupid mistakes time and time again, that is quality control and that points to the one constant for the last 5 years, MIKE SHERMAN!

In years past Sherman would say "I do not want to use injuries as an excuse" Yet he mentioned that every week. Now he sounds like a High School coach, "we hope to get better, we are young"

When does this guy ever take responsibilty! He scapegoated Donnatel for his STUPID move of not going for 4th and 6 inches to go to the NFC Championship game with the best line in the NFL against a gassed and GASHED Eagle defense. Sherman CHOSE to put the game in the hands of his two weakest units at that time (Punter and poor coverage and a very average defense) Brilliant MOVE!!!!!!!

Yea Sherman it's the injuries, yea it's Donnatel, yea, it's a young team.

excuses excuses excuses! :evil: :twisted:

Hey Mike ! It's you !!!!!!!!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Packman4Favre - tell us how ya really feel......

I totally agree with everything - and Donatell rubbed his nose in it to boot.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to argue with you Packman4Favre! I agree with everything you've said. One thing in addition though, and know that I'm a huge fan of Brett Favre (even named my only son after him), #4 has to cut down on the interception if this team is to get in the win column and stay there. The INT's are killing this football team to go along with the other points you made.

An argument you could make and I would agree is that Sherman needs to reign in Favre a little bit just like Holmgren did during Favre's peak "MVP" years.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packman4Favre said:
You do not have to have great talent to stay onside, you do not have to have great talent to keep your hands out of a players face, you do not have to have great talent to manage the clock, you do not have to have great talent to avoid roughing penalties, you do not have to have great talent to correct a fumbling problem, you do not have to have great talent to make changes at the half and adjust, you do not have to have great talent to be in the right spot on the field at the right time, you do not have to have great talent to have 11 men on the field for an extra point, you do not have to have great talent for you coaches to be on task in a July practice without fumbling through their papers while the players stand around, you do not have to have great talent to get your players on the practice field on time and get 100% effort out of them.

YOU NEED GREAT COACHING FOR THAT, YOU NEED QUALITY CONTROL!

A great coach makes a good team great, a average coach makes a great team good (the Packers the last few years) an average coach takes an average team and makes them bad (this year's Packers).

Wake up! The Packers continue to make the exact same stupid mistakes time and time again, that is quality control and that points to the one constant for the last 5 years, MIKE SHERMAN!

In years past Sherman would say "I do not want to use injuries as an excuse" Yet he mentioned that every week. Now he sounds like a High School coach, "we hope to get better, we are young"

When does this guy ever take responsibilty! He scapegoated Donnatel for his STUPID move of not going for 4th and 6 inches to go to the NFC Championship game with the best line in the NFL against a gassed and GASHED Eagle defense. Sherman CHOSE to put the game in the hands of his two weakest units at that time (Punter and poor coverage and a very average defense) Brilliant MOVE!!!!!!!

Yea Sherman it's the injuries, yea it's Donnatel, yea, it's a young team.

excuses excuses excuses! :evil: :twisted:

Hey Mike ! It's you !!!!!!!!!

Drop the 4th down $hit...he went for it early in the game w/ the best o-line in football, etc. blah blah...it didn't work...MS got a new *** hole for that move...imagine if the Pack didn't convert the 4th a 1 you describe...he wouldn't have a job right now!

And once in a while would someone hold the players accountable for what takes place on the field...they're the ones that execute the play...the coaches have NO control over what takes place one the play is called.

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Discuss that last drive! Philly was on skates!!! They were done!!!! gassed, gashed finished!!!!

SHERMAN LET THEM OFF THE HOOK

He took the game out of the hands of his strength(offense) and put it into the hands of his two weakest units( Punt team and Defense) BRILLIANT!!!

:whippin:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20-20

The Pack were up, I believe 14-0 and stomping the Eagles...they couldn't do squat to stop the Pack...so we go for it deep in the Eagles territory instead of kicking an easy field goal. The Pack miss...many ripped sherman for that.

So, later in the game...knowing one 4th and 1 already didn't work...and considering the prospect of giving the eagles the ball at the 40 against our weakness (as you described it)...he opted to punt.

If Barnett and Sharper weren't off in lala land on the 4-26, we wouldn't be discussing this right now.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
musscy,

Your craven defense Sherman has reached new levels....

Sherman blew that Eagle game....as he did the Jet game and many other games with his ignorance...

and what did he do to cover it up?

He fired his DC!

Time for this ******* to go!

Here's a hint Mikey...you take the points in the first half instead of letting Rossley call a "slow-developing" counter play.....And you grow a pair of "cajones" and go for it on 4th and inches in the 4th qtr...on the Eagles 37.....

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66...all you do is analyze the result w/ the aide of hindsight. You NEVER consider the context of the decision. I have ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that if the Pack go for it, and fail to convert, that YOU would be starting the "Sherman was an absolute moron for not punting" threads because that's all you do...any conceivably questionable call in a game that doesn't go in the Packers favor is ALL, EXCLUSIVELY, and ENTIRELY MS' fault. (and of course, a questionable 4th down call that WORKS is never spoken of...for example, THE FERGY TOUCHDOWN!)

I'm not saying MS hasn't done stupid things...how many times do I have to tell you that?!? But to blame MS for everything is absolutely astinine. YOU BLAMED MS BECAUSE BRETT WASN'T PUMP FAKING....that is by far the stupidest criticism of MS I've EVER heard...COME ON...are you going to blame MS for the Florida voting machines now too?!? You know, the weather was a little rainy on Sunday...must have been MS' fault!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang - why don't you two just get it over with and ask each other out?

Heck, even I have moved on about THIS discussion....
And, trust me - you should see some of the Favre protectors in my own Club.

I'd rather focus on what we have going on now...
You can't change the past - just like we couldn't get back that Jerry Rice fumble in 1998.

Get over it!

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point is this!

The same crap happens year after year with Sherman. This guy does not learn! So yes, the past is relevant.... Sherman obviously does not learn from it.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packman4Favre said:
The point is this!

The same crap happens year after year with Sherman. This guy does not learn! So yes, the past is relevant.... Sherman obviously does not learn from it.

And Favre keeps throwing STUPID debilitating interceptions every year...so he obviously doesn't learn either.

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman constantly has the guy in 3rd and long, that's why! How many of Favre's interceptions are on timing routes? How many times do the players turn the wrong way? That's coaching PERIOD! IN the West Coast timing routes are huge and is assumed the player will be at a spot. When they are not, Favre takes the blame and eats it like a man. Sherman pawns off his blame on other people or thing's. You never here Favre say, "he ran the wrong route" (coaching corrects those mistakes).

But Sherman on the other hand:

"I do not want to use injuries as an excuse" Then quit saying it every week Mike.

"4th and 26, I'll fire Donnatel even though I changed his call"

"We are young and are hoping to get better"

Can Sherman take responsibility for anything that has gone wrong? I guess not... He's not man enough.

Favre is not clean in all of this and I have never said that, you just assumed it! Sherman is flat out terrible and it is finally out in the open plain as day. The Packers had so much talent the last few years that they were able to cover-up Sherman's blunders. Not anymore, this team needs a difference maker on the sidelines and Sherman ain't it and never will be!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Read my post..

I never blamed Sherman for Favre not "pump-faking"...I blame him for not scripting good routes for receivers to run...not drawing up ANY plays that might take advantage of the other team's weaknesses..etc..

It seems like the receivers just run straight down the field and that's it...never a pick...no seam patterns...no trying to beat the LB's..nothing...

it's like this team is being coached by a mental retard...

Members online

Latest posts