Vote: who do you blame most for last night?

Who's more to blame

• Total voters

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were just not as good as we thought we were. BETTER team and coaching won. MM is not as good. At getting his guys ready to play as Harbaugh, Capers got outcoached and it showed.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Were just not as good as we thought we were. BETTER team and coaching won. MM is not as good. At getting his guys ready to play as Harbaugh, Capers got outcoached and it showed.
Once again, a LOT of undisciplined mistakes and failed execution. More "disciplined" team won.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
used to say "Fire Trgovac". I thought you were going to start making a list and checking it twice. =P
I arbitrarily lobby to fire a minor coach every so often. Started Slocum, Went to Campen, Then Trgovac, Now Lovat. Next is Van Pelt I think... I'll admit it, its trollish, but it gives me somebody to focus on and learn about. By the time I change the sig, I'm usually prepared to defend them.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I arbitrarily lobby to fire a minor coach every so often. Started Slocum, Went to Campen, Then Trgovac, Now Lovat. Next is Van Pelt I think... I'll admit it, its trollish, but it gives me somebody to focus on and learn about. By the time I change the sig, I'm usually prepared to defend them.
I think I should look into applying that strategy to learning about the draft and building a roster. Probably my greatest weakness as a fan in not really knowing what I'm talking about with regard to those subjects. It's also why I try to stay away from commentating on "on field play" by the players. I just don't have the credentials to form those opinions on my own currently. (Covered my butt there with regards to my Finely comments. =P hahaha)

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think I should look into applying that strategy to learning about the draft and building a roster. Probably my greatest weakness as a fan in not really knowing what I'm talking about with regard to those subjects. It's also why I try to stay away from commentating on "on field play" by the players. I just don't have the credentials to form those opinions on my own currently. (Covered my butt there with regards to my Finely comments. =P hahaha)
I'm a consensus draftnik. I have a few friends and some online guys I listen to. They break down the tape, and point out stuff to me. I never played high level ball and my eyes aren't yet trained to catch the nuance yet, but I do have my litmus tests for each position, and a few experts who are more than willing to answer my questions. I do catch a few things though.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Defense was on the field too much and some of the game planning was atrocious. The lack of adjustments was disappointing as well.

The offense failed to sustain drives and we abandoned the run. Tough game. SF is a match-up problem for us.
If the packer front office Guru's do not address this PROBLEM,the 9ers will be long time match-up problems 4 us..

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

McCarthy is a good coach when it comes to player development, but planning and play-calling? I agree. He is not that good. He is consistently out-coached on that level by the Harbaughs and Coughlins of the NFL.

That is why MM needs to delegate some responsbilities, LIKE PLAY CALLING, to someone who is much better. (/sigh we need Philbin back)

The better teams out-coach us consistently. I have often read it here that Capers' defense tends to feast on mediocre teams, which gives us a false idea of how good he/they are.

Something is missing from this coaching staff. Lack of preparation, lack of intensity, lack of physicalness . . . I have rarely seen this team come into a game really fired up. It's like they haven't shaken off the post-SB hangover. They are still living off those laurels and haven't realized yet that nobody in the league gives a damn about their championship 2 years ago and that they've been passed by teams that are hungry for it now.

I almost think we need a coach like Bill Parcells. Obnoxious as he was, if you didn't play your *** off under him that same *** would be on the bench in a real hurry.

D

Dan115

Not going to pay the cable bill. Do not like their shows. They expect me to pay for that???

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is a good coach when it comes to player development, but planning and play-calling? I agree. He is not that good. He is consistently out-coached on that level by the Harbaughs and Coughlins of the NFL.

That is why MM needs to delegate some responsbilities, LIKE PLAY CALLING, to someone who is much better. (/sigh we need Philbin back)

The better teams out-coach us consistently. I have often read it here that Capers' defense tends to feast on mediocre teams, which gives us a false idea of how good he/they are.

Something is missing from this coaching staff. Lack of preparation, lack of intensity, lack of physicalness . . . I have rarely seen this team come into a game really fired up. It's like they haven't shaken off the post-SB hangover. They are still living off those laurels and haven't realized yet that nobody in the league gives a damn about their championship 2 years ago and that they've been passed by teams that are hungry for it now.

I almost think we need a coach like Bill Parcells. Obnoxious as he was, if you didn't play your *** off under him that same *** would be on the bench in a real hurry.

It's like that pretty car you buy. It looks so nice on the outside. Then you start looking under the hood.

The Packers aren't going to win another Super Bowl in the next few years unless things get's fixed. We've failed misreably in our last two playoff appearances. That should be the wakeup call needed. But is it?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Not going to pay the cable bill. Do not like their shows. They expect me to pay for that???

Dan at least you`ll get free T.V. in prison......;) You MIGHT want to rethink you plan ?

I

Jesus guys !! Mike McCarthy has won us a superbowl, AND coached the team to a 15 - 1 season. Admittedly this is disappointing, hell I`m pissed too, but we`re talking about replacing him ??? Capers possibly needs to go through retirement or otherwise but McCarthy ??
They need to sit down in the offseason and some ***** need a severe kicking, but you can`t seriously believe he needs sacking surely ?? What happened to loyalty ?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus guys !! Mike McCarthy has won us a superbowl, AND coached the team to a 15 - 1 season. Admittedly this is disappointing, hell I`m pissed too, but we`re talking about replacing him ??? Capers possibly needs to go through retirement or otherwise but McCarthy ??
They need to sit down in the offseason and some ***** need a severe kicking, but you can`t seriously believe he needs sacking surely ?? What happened to loyalty ?

No one (to my knowledge) has suggested replacing McCarthy. McCarthy is safe.

Nonetheless, there are some areas of being a head coach that he really excels (player development) and some areas that he really struggles in (in-game decision making, opponent preparation).

I would like to see McCarthy step back from essentially acting as the offensive coordinator, stop calling the offensive plays, and focus on the things he does well. I'd like to see him working more with TT, the scouts, and position coaches on specific player development.

I think he could be very excellent at delegating specific tasks, if he allowed himself to do so.

I

No one (to my knowledge) has suggested replacing McCarthy. McCarthy is safe.

Nonetheless, there are some areas of being a head coach that he really excels (player development) and some areas that he really struggles in (in-game decision making, opponent preparation).

I would like to see McCarthy step back from essentially acting as the offensive coordinator, stop calling the offensive plays, and focus on the things he does well. I'd like to see him working more with TT, the scouts, and position coaches on specific player development.

I think he could be very excellent at delegating specific tasks, if he allowed himself to do so.

Well sorry Adam, that was the feeling I got myself from what I read. I totally agree with you that he needs to step back from, although in-game decision making I would have to disagree with, just my opinion of course.
I think the Mr nice guy attitude needs re-evaluating though, he needs to tell some players however big names that they are that they continually failed to do what was required. The coaches may send in the plays, but the players HAVE to take responsability for not getting it done on the field.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buggybill, if you read the responses in most of these posts long enough you would think that this was a Raiders or Chiefs forum. Every sucks, everyone needs to be fired, and all of the posters know exactly how to run a franchise.

All that said, I blame the players mostly. Walden sucked for sure but everyone was massively out of position. Capers has to share blame for not shifting strategy and putting a spy on him, like we had Wood and Matthews doing against Vick (when Vick was a threat). That adjustment should have happened at halftime. We mostly got outplayed though, and just like 2011, I'm happy that I got to enjoy another winning season of Packer football.

dgreen1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my thought's..

Mike McCarthy - Good coach dont get me wrong but.. He needs to be able to adapt quicker & change the game-plan. It seems like when things aren't working, he doesn't adjust until it's too late.. Why did we abandon the run game when it was working well. Why did we punt the ball in the 4th quarter & allow the 49ers to chew up 8 minutes of the clock when we couldn't stop them all night. I think he was simply out coached in this game.

Aaron Rodgers - Again - Best QB in the league but.. When its 3rd down and we need short yardage, we need him to either change the play or get rid of the ball a little quicker . Its almost as if it's 3rd & 4 and he tells everyone to go deep. We need to be much better on short yardage opportunities. Some of this falls on the shoulders of our offensive line as he is always rushed & can never sit in the pocket. Time of possession really hurt us in this game.

Offensive Line - Things definitely need improvement here. We need to either look at bringing in the proper talent or look at the coaching staff. Rodgers has been sacked way to many times this year & he is always scrambling.

Dom Capers / Defense - Sorry but it's time for Dom to go. Dom has had plenty of time to get this defense where it should be but he has failed. We can play mediocre teams and our defense looks great but when we actually play a quality team it shows. Why did we not have some sort of spy on Kapernick? Why were we not ready for what we knew he was going to do. The Vikings were watching this game wondering why the heck Webb didn't do what Kapernick did to us. Not sure who is available to take his spot but we need someone else. If you want to blame the quality of the defensive players we have & suggest they are "not up to par" then that falls on Ted Thompson's shoulders. Dom simply didn't adjust or change his game plan at all, it's almost as if he hung us out to dry. I believe Woodson even commented about not "Changing the Game plan" when things were not working. They just continued to to do the same things.

Strength & Conditioning Staff - We need a complete overhaul or review here. Way to many injuries this season to a lot of key players who could have helped us. We seem to always be struggling with injuries.

Overall I think we have a lot of good quality players that possibly are not being pushed to their ability or are not being used to their full potential. If the coaching staff isn't addressed or doesn't change it wouldn't surprise me. We have the bets QB in the league but Rodgers cannot do it all on his own. We dont have the complete puzzle.

I

Buggybill, if you read the responses in most of these posts long enough you would think that this was a Raiders or Chiefs forum. Every sucks, everyone needs to be fired, and all of the posters know exactly how to run a franchise.

All that said, I blame the players mostly. Walden sucked for sure but everyone was massively out of position. Capers has to share blame for not shifting strategy and putting a spy on him, like we had Wood and Matthews doing against Vick (when Vick was a threat). That adjustment should have happened at halftime. We mostly got outplayed though, and just like 2011, I'm happy that I got to enjoy another winning season of Packer football.

Whoah Bud, I wasn`t commenting on you personally and I`m sorry if you think that, I`m just getting from some of the postings that the gut feeling is somebody is to blame here and I think some of the players need to take a serious look at the contributions they`ve made this season. The coaches have to take some of the blame, but so do the players and I think WE as fans while feeling annoyed don`t need to make calls for heads. I think we are personally better than that, unlike some other fan bases.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts