Vote Aaron Rodgers onto the cover of Madden 12

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Ahh, the true sign of maturity.

While I'm not terribly superstitious, there is plenty of proof that something unfortunate happens to the cover athlete, and I for one would rather not have Rodgers on the cover, why risk it.

And as ivo said, about 5 people would boycott Madden with Vick on the cover. A ripple in the pond when you look at how many people buy Madden annually.

So what's more mature, believing in a curse or thinking it's retarded. Just wondering.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm... so you're suggesting only 5 members of PETA play Madden.

Im suggesting that the number of Football fans who play video games that care more about things like Peta is about 5. In fact the protesting against vick seems to have pretty much died down.

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe people won't vote for him...

On twitter today Aaron wrote "I don't like losing and I don't believe in the curse. Workout time...."

I just wish I could vote more cause I want to see him on the cover more than anything...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe people won't vote for him...

On twitter today Aaron wrote "I don't like losing and I don't believe in the curse. Workout time...."

I just wish I could vote more cause I want to see him on the cover more than anything...

I voted for him because he asked us to and I think he can break the curse if it even exists in the first place. But if it does exist, than I hope it's not him! We need him!

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "SI cover curse" has had much worse repercussions than the "Madden Curse" (deaths included) and Rodgers already survived that. I want to see him win but if he doesn't then so be it. Rodgers will probably get it later when they eliminate the voting competition and that's probably sooner than later if Hillis actually wins, haha.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Hillis thing was a publicity stunt. Rodgers is probably winning 90-10 as we speak. Even if he were somehow losing, I'd almost expect them to lie about the results.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The SI curse isnt consistent, while the madden one is. I want no part of it and have been voting that way.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The SI curse isnt consistent, while the madden one is. I want no part of it and have been voting that way.

Did anything even happen to Dorsey Levens when he was on the box? The only thing that happened to Drew Brees was a road playoff defeat in a hostile environment. Really stretching if one is to blame that on a curse.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anything even happen to Dorsey Levens when he was on the box? The only thing that happened to Drew Brees was a road playoff defeat in a hostile environment. Really stretching if one is to blame that on a curse.

Your really stretching it if you are bring up Levens on the cover as he was on the European version.

But your right, Brees didnt have a terrible year or injury. He doubled his INTs from the year before but I wouldnt blame that on the curse. Fitz did well too the year he was on it. Troy P was the injured one that year. We could go back player to player from there. Just like I wouldnt want to own the Hope Diamond, I wouldnt want a Packer on the madden cover.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For the record: THERE IS NO MADDEN CURSE.

Historically, they have used a lot of aging RBs on their covers (Marshall Faulk, Eddie George, Barry Sanders, Shaun Alexander) and QBs who had been injury prone their entire careers and PRIOR to ever being on the cover (McNabb, Vick, Culpepper). As for Polamalu, the guy throws his body around with complete disregard. Guys like that get hurt all the time. Larry Fitzgerald was fine last year and Vince Young (another injury prone guy, BTW) took the Titans to the playoffs for the first time in several years when he was on it.

Much ado about NADA.

(Sorry, didn't mean to crash the party with rational thought or anything.)

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wonder how many people won't buy Madden next year just because Vick is on the box?

I'm much more likely to not buy it because it won't be much more than yet another $60 roster update, which I can get off the net for free ala third party.

Let's hope the lawsuit against EA holds up. Maybe then they'll start making actual improvements to the game each year instead of having their precious exclusive NFL license for a crutch.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record: THERE IS NO MADDEN CURSE.

Historically, they have used a lot of aging RBs on their covers (Marshall Faulk, Eddie George, Barry Sanders, Shaun Alexander) and QBs who had been injury prone their entire careers and PRIOR to ever being on the cover (McNabb, Vick, Culpepper). As for Polamalu, the guy throws his body around with complete disregard. Guys like that get hurt all the time. Larry Fitzgerald was fine last year and Vince Young (another injury prone guy, BTW) took the Titans to the playoffs for the first time in several years when he was on it.

Much ado about NADA.

(Sorry, didn't mean to crash the party with rational thought or anything.)

couldnt some make the argument that Rodgers is injury prone?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here:
He has had 2 concussions, and numerous injuries early in his career. Plus he played with a dislocated shoulder for good part of the 08 season.

Counter argument:
He has only missed 1 and a half games since he was named the starter. He has started 51 and finished 50 out of 52 games, including playoffs.
(not excluding as finished games where Flynn took the last snaps due to Rodgers being spared)

OP
OP
Future

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Good to see this thread blew up since I've been gone.

Multiple comments after reading the thread:

1. Rodgers losing to Hillis would be embarrassing.
2. As others have said, I wouldn't be surprised if the voting is rigged.
3. Vikings fan guy is partially right, it's not like the Vikes have no talent or are 100% rebuilding. However, they can't pass and can't defend the pass. That leads you to losing the majority of their games.
4. Vote Rodgers. I think he'd lose to Vick in the finals anyways if you're worried about the curse. Get him to the final round at least.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Not really. He has missed one game in his first 3 years as a starter.

Even if you could, it would have nothing to do with the Madden cover.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really. He has missed one game in his first 3 years as a starter.

Even if you could, it would have nothing to do with the Madden cover.

2006- broken foot
2007 - hamstring
2008 - shoulder
2009- foot problems
2010 - 2 concussions

Thats not exactly a clean slate. So yeah, Im not exactly shedding tears that he wont be on the cover.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hillis vs Vick in the finals. I'll be voting for Hillis. Either way I expect the curse to live on.

Hillis won with 61% of the vote. The browns org organized a campaign to put him on with coverage on their website and such. Alot of packer fans o know were voting against Rodgers being on there.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RODGERS LOST. DAMMIT!

Even worse, he lost to friggin' Hillis. Is the Browns fanbase that dedicated?

The silver lining in all of this is that we can put the "Cursed Rodgers" issue to rest now.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
RODGERS LOST. DAMMIT!

Even worse, he lost to friggin' Hillis. Is the Browns fanbase that dedicated?

The silver lining in all of this is that we can put the "Cursed Rodgers" issue to rest now.

Don't underestimate the Brown's fanbase! They are loyal too! I think with Aaron, that curse nonsense got into a lot of peoples heads and made them paranoid. After winning the SB, people are kind of walking on eggshells a little bit, afraid to wake up from dream. Any mention of a curse or jinx sets people off. Sucks for Aaron, though. He seemed to really want the cover. :(

Members online

Latest posts